Game is empty, put it on steam

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Game is empty, put it on steam

Postby augusto_cesar » 17 November 2022, 01:11

The game is for free, add it to steam so it will get more players

augusto_cesar
Recruit

Re: Game is empty, put it on steam

Postby alj99 » 17 November 2022, 03:08

augusto_cesar wrote:The game is for free, add it to steam so it will get more players

That would require pb2 to be rewritten or at least partly.

And i remember reading steam guidelines about uploading a game, there is some submission fee involved, something like a compensation of $100.

Here direct quote or smthing directly from here: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/163632/

About the game

In order to get fully set up, you will need to a pay a fee for each product you wish sell on Steam. You can pay this fee with any payment method supported by Steam in your region, except methods that use the Steam Wallet.

This fee is not refundable, but will be recoupable in the payment made after your product has at least $1,000 USD Adjusted Gross Revenue for Steam Store and in-app purchases. Payment of revenue from sales and repayment of fee may be withheld if deposit payment is charged-back, refunded, or otherwise identified as fraudulent.

It's cool that you can get ur $100 back if u made $1000 revenua for Steam but i don't think you can make that amount.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby augusto_cesar » 21 November 2022, 13:28

alj99 wrote:
augusto_cesar wrote:The game is for free, add it to steam so it will get more players

That would require pb2 to be rewritten or at least partly.

And i remember reading steam guidelines about uploading a game, there is some submission fee involved, something like a compensation of $100.

Here direct quote or smthing directly from here: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/163632/

About the game

In order to get fully set up, you will need to a pay a fee for each product you wish sell on Steam. You can pay this fee with any payment method supported by Steam in your region, except methods that use the Steam Wallet.

This fee is not refundable, but will be recoupable in the payment made after your product has at least $1,000 USD Adjusted Gross Revenue for Steam Store and in-app purchases. Payment of revenue from sales and repayment of fee may be withheld if deposit payment is charged-back, refunded, or otherwise identified as fraudulent.

It's cool that you can get ur $100 back if u made $1000 revenua for Steam but i don't think you can make that amount.

Could be done by Eric Gurt in order to save the game, servers are empty, steam could boost the players base and also bring more to any future PB game.

augusto_cesar
Recruit

Postby yi en » 21 November 2022, 14:01

In regards,
would you like to lend a hand on studying how steam marketing works, the 100 dollar fee, and maybe additional 100 dollar as PB2.5/3 will be out but had to put onto steam, the codebase support, the steam-part of the helpline services, people who is able to manage the steam community, or just move the whole forum into steam which not 100% of PB2 players have, thus additional resources required and having to face a lot of rating pressure anger management?

(And those are only the factors I had thought out during writing this post. Let's solve those problem one by one before we are truly step into the steam market and strategies.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Girl_Power » 18 February 2023, 03:01

Why stop at Steam? Put it on Epic Games or the app store lol.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby alj99 » 20 February 2023, 13:09

Itch.io is pretty nice too.
Hello.
alj99

Postby medusahead » 1 April 2023, 03:41

Like if if would change anything, lol.
medusahead
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby broforce1 » 8 October 2023, 17:44

Girl_Power wrote:Why stop at Steam? Put it on Epic Games or the app store lol.

i would wish for pb2 on mobile app store, but fr app store is worse than steam in terms of licensing
liek, in steam u just need to pay 100dollar to put ur game, in app store iguess u pay monthly, or license could end and remove ur game if u didnt pay? also lets not forget how much effort will be put to either port the whole game or make a one from scratch, with new servers for multiplayers that needs to be paid and shit... maybe pb1 can be less complicated to be added since there is no multiplayer.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby alj99 » 9 October 2023, 05:27

broforce1 wrote:
Girl_Power wrote:Why stop at Steam? Put it on Epic Games or the app store lol.

i would wish for pb2 on mobile app store, but fr app store is worse than steam in terms of licensing
liek, in steam u just need to pay 100dollar to put ur game, in app store iguess u pay monthly, or license could end and remove ur game if u didnt pay? also lets not forget how much effort will be put to either port the whole game or make a one from scratch, with new servers for multiplayers that needs to be paid and shit... maybe pb1 can be less complicated to be added since there is no multiplayer.

The 100 dollar is collateral, once you make 1000 dollars (in terms of steam cuts) you get the 100 dollar back.
Hello.
alj99

Postby alj99 » 9 October 2023, 05:30

yi en wrote:In regards,
would you like to lend a hand on studying how steam marketing works, the 100 dollar fee, and maybe additional 100 dollar as PB2.5/3 will be out but had to put onto steam, the codebase support, the steam-part of the helpline services, people who is able to manage the steam community, or just move the whole forum into steam which not 100% of PB2 players have, thus additional resources required and having to face a lot of rating pressure anger management?

(And those are only the factors I had thought out during writing this post. Let's solve those problem one by one before we are truly step into the steam market and strategies.

I already said this in another post but it's more relevant here. Steam won't put your game on the front page because you put your game in it. You still need to do some marketing (and have people wishlist it). It's algorithmic, it won't put a game on the front page that no one even knows about or can't even tell if it's good or not.
it's definitely why people put their games on wishlist pretty early on despite the years of remaining development process.
Hello.
alj99

Postby yi en » 10 October 2023, 17:36

alj99 wrote:
yi en wrote:In regards,

I already said this in another post but it's more relevant here. Steam won't put your game on the front page because you put your game in it. You still need to do some marketing (and have people wishlist it). It's algorithmic, it won't put a game on the front page that no one even knows about or can't even tell if it's good or not.
it's definitely why people put their games on wishlist pretty early on despite the years of remaining development process.

Kinda out-topic from replying to my post but ok.
The main points from me are more focused on "who is going to maintain the platform" before we are going to discuss about "how to be marketing". But anyways you brought that up, let's analyze them.

For some reason, steam indeed won't put the game on the front page just because you uploaded your game. This is because every day there are hundreds, if not thousands of games being uploaded. Unless you give some advertisement fee and having some sort of relationship, otherwise it would be hard.

IMO marketing would be the easiest problem to solve, just ask all the veterans of PB2 download to play, recommend it, then your algorithm goes boom. On the other hand, being strategic placing tags are equally important too so the search engine will understand what is your game and spread to the correct area of people.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to General Discussion