Was the PB2 Campaign Fine or Flopped?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Fine or Flopped

Fine
95%
Flopped
5%

Total votes : 40

Re: Was the PB2 Campaign Fine or Flopped?

Postby medusahead » 1 April 2023, 02:49

It was pure diarrhea. Both visually and gameplay wise.

I hope it doesn't get repeated in PB3.
medusahead
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby broforce1 » 25 June 2023, 20:20

CakeSpider wrote:Some kind of dialogues appear for the first time in the proxy's campaign. In fact in first 30 levels we will be without any words and without any plot progress. Even the marine's "clone" in 21 level dont not say anything (same with 2 cs prisoners in 6 level) And full dialogues will appear only in the last 4 levels.

Stryde wrote:Yes, the plot with taciturn main character is a problem which came from pb1 (This game was rushed while making), Eric is a hostage of the game from past. It's bad that 3rd pb game probably will have same problem.

i hope not, pb1 was his first game with levels and plot so it goes like this, pb2 was rushed but pb3 might be different, because eric doesnt seem that he want to rush the game this time, so he would likely add more effort since there could be more cutscenes with voice acting.

overall, even if the plot was progressed at the end, it would show us that pb series might be made like these old games with not so much plot and so eric would have focused more on gameplay rather than story.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Tossah » 1 July 2023, 05:42

pretty sure most enjoyed it (myself included) back then when critique was relatively more obscure than it is now. considering that, i bet most people still enjoy the campaign, but for me the campaign has a major flaw when it comes to difficulty since it's based on making the enemies bulletsponges and having maphacks.

Tossah
Recruit

Postby alj99 » 1 July 2023, 08:55

Tossah wrote:pretty sure most enjoyed it (myself included) back then when critique was relatively more obscure than it is now. considering that, i bet most people still enjoy the campaign, but for me the campaign has a major flaw when it comes to difficulty since it's based on making the enemies bulletsponges and having maphacks.

That's my problem in any pve maps in general honestly. Until we get better ai system, it's gonna stay that way.

Not to mention, experience might be repetitive even for any number of campaign maps due to gameplay variety concerns even if AI is smarter. I imagine custom AI, even in pb3 is gonna stay with technical players only.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby broforce1 » 1 July 2023, 16:15

SaiMrCat wrote:The level before 2 clone levels is just no sense! The water CAN'T stay on the top,

SaiMrCat wrote:I and gun's CAN'T shoot in the water, because there is NO fire in the water

its not just that, nothing is so realistic about pb2 ... afterall pb2 is meant to be goofy i guess.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Tossah » 4 July 2023, 03:24

alj99 wrote:
That's my problem in any pve maps in general honestly. Until we get better ai system, it's gonna stay that way.

having bulletsponge enemies doesn't compensate bad AI in the slightest. it makes things worse.

Tossah
Recruit

Previous

Return to General Discussion