How do I revive dead players using triggers?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

How do I revive dead players using triggers?

Postby Mood8Me » 5 July 2021, 09:14

Soo i wanted to know how to revive players due to the fact of how i seen such examples from many zombie maps using a trigger or many triggers to revive dead players and put them on a different team but when i try to test it out i cant seem to find out the exact trigger needed to revive a dead player and make him hostile plus i wanted to do this for Singleplayer not Multiplayer

By the way I'm new so mind me for posting in a wrong server i guess?

Mood8Me

Re: How do I revive dead players using triggers?

Postby Guest-7539 » 6 July 2021, 14:14

Please Read and Follow the Steps Below: if you're just as new as you say.
- Add Player and Trigger
- Select the trigger and set up the trigger action types ( set 2 actions for this )
- Use this trigger action type ( to change the Health Points) then set the parameter A & B ( A: player, B: health )
-Use this trigger action type (to change the team) then set the parameters ( A: player B: team ) (THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL)

in case if you wanna activate the trigger when a player dies then use this option, select and player and set the trigger on death so when a player dies then trigger gets activated (depends on what trigger you have set).

although it might be better to activate a trigger using timers, because if you don't wanna activate the trigger quickly then a timer is suggested, as soon as you use timers to make sure to change the delay value. hope these steps benefit you overall.

Guest-7539
Recruit

Re: How do I revive dead players using triggers?

Postby Mood8Me » 6 July 2021, 17:23

Guest-7539 wrote:Please Read and Follow the Steps Below: if you're just as new as you say.
- Add Player and Trigger
- Select the trigger and set up the trigger action types ( set 2 actions for this )
- Use this trigger action type ( to change the Health Points) then set the parameter A & B ( A: player, B: health )
-Use this trigger action type (to change the team) then set the parameters ( A: player B: team ) (THIS STEP IS OPTIONAL)

in case if you wanna activate the trigger when a player dies then use this option, select and player and set the trigger on death so when a player dies then trigger gets activated (depends on what trigger you have set).

although it might be better to activate a trigger using timers, because if you don't wanna activate the trigger quickly then a timer is suggested, as soon as you use timers to make sure to change the delay value. hope these steps benefit you overall.

The problem is though is how do i stop or prevent the player from returning to the same team after dying because basically it always happens no matter what i do and the only way to make the player go to the hostile team is to kill the player again after he has died once

Mood8Me

Return to General Discussion