Suggesting a new feature.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Suggesting a new feature.

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 08:59

I'm thinking of a feature where it avoids some dumb newgens from joining and also fix the underage issue.

The invitation feature.

I think that invitation feature had it's pros as well it's cons if it will be added on PB.

Pros:

Possibly will eliminate the underage issue and slow down or decrease the toxicity ( From my perspective most of newgens are underage, but that doesn't mean all of them are kids ).

There won't be no more trolling in forums or any features inside the platform.

Alt account solution to prevent trolling and so on.

And probably eliminates the hacking issues, despite hacking PB2 is such impossible thing to do unless you have API of the game or something I honestly don't know about it.

Cons:
It will decrease activity within the multiplayer, servers won't be full considering that most of players inside multiplayer right now are newgens.

There will be some people going to beg for invitation keys, you can ignore them.

And probably there will be more guests, unless you disabled playing as a guest.

The invitation feature gives the ability to anyone who own an account, generate an invitation link ( similar to referral link ) and give it to anyone upon their choice, which makes visitors have the ability to make an account, don't forget there are limitations tho.

Your opinion?

Edit: I edited the pros and cons.
Last edited by mokaal on 18 June 2021, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Suggesting a new feature.

Postby Gashadokuro » 18 June 2021, 10:47

Underage issue - nearly all of the playerbase is underage, you included.
Avoids dumb newgens - no, they'll still register freely since this is just a glorified referral.
All registered users can invite - filtering is about restriction, otherwise no idea what you're doing.

You're better off making your own discord server and / or playing with your own friends / clan, also you're dumb.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Stryde » 18 June 2021, 14:30

Is this specifically for discord or like for the game?

There's a lot more benefits for an invite-only system for both discord and the game which have been discussed privately before, but like Gash said, pretty much all of the pros/cons you listed can be bypassed to some extent even if an invitation system is put in place either for discord or for the game...

...unless we require birth certificates and report cards from classes

Stryde

Postby gsa12 » 18 June 2021, 14:34

Stryde wrote:Is this specifically for discord or like for the game?

There's a lot more benefits for an invite-only system for both discord and the game which have been discussed privately before, but like Gash said, pretty much all of the pros/cons you listed can be bypassed to some extent even if an invitation system is put in place either for discord or for the game...

...unless we require birth certificates and report cards from classes

Dont you think some people might...abuse that?

gsa12
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 15:05

Specifically for game.

The cons and pros are from my point of views, it can be different according to person and another.

mokaal

Postby Nehil » 18 June 2021, 15:26

I wouldnt add that on a dead game, pointless, and also, its sad to see how you call others "dumb newgens" or when you talk about underage when im p sure ur even younger than me (im 18 y o) the way u tried to give your idea (which is bad already) is kinda toxic, ngl

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 18 June 2021, 15:29

Nehil wrote:I wouldnt add that on a dead game, pointless, and also, its sad to see how you call others "dumb newgens" or when you talk about underage when im p sure ur even younger than me (im 18 y o) the way u tried to give your idea (which is bad already) is kinda toxic, ngl

It would be pointless to add it to PB2, I agree, but not because it's a dead game -- because the game has been out for a decade and there's no incentive for an invite system because the game has been developed extensively after release

this is way more applicable to a new game, ie PB3

Stryde

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 15:39

Stryde wrote:
Nehil wrote:I wouldnt add that on a dead game, pointless, and also, its sad to see how you call others "dumb newgens" or when you talk about underage when im p sure ur even younger than me (im 18 y o) the way u tried to give your idea (which is bad already) is kinda toxic, ngl

It would be pointless to add it to PB2, I agree, but not because it's a dead game -- because the game has been out for a decade and there's no incentive for an invite system because the game has been developed extensively after release

PB3, I also thought if Eric will give the registration only to people who owns PB2 account, any thoughts about it?

I wouldnt add that on a dead game, pointless, and also, its sad to see how you call others "dumb newgens" or when you talk about underage when im p sure ur even younger than me (im 18 y o) the way u tried to give your idea (which is bad already) is kinda toxic, ngl

First, toxic in what way? just because I insulted new generation players you'll claim it as " toxic ".

Second thing, I don't give a crap whether you're older than me or not, I treat everyone as they treat me, regardless if it was respect or disrespect.

And thirdly, it's your opinion about whether my idea is good or bad, I find it useful.

mokaal

Postby Gashadokuro » 18 June 2021, 16:04

Everybody: let's add a quality filter

Nobody: here's the specifics

Stryde: private conversations m'kay
Gashadokuro

Postby Nehil » 18 June 2021, 16:05

mokaal wrote:
Stryde wrote:

PB3, I also thought if Eric will give the registration only to people who owns PB2 account, any thoughts about it?

First, toxic in what way? just because I insulted new generation players you'll claim it as " toxic ".

Second thing, I don't give a crap whether you're older than me or not, I treat everyone as they treat me, regardless if it was respect or disrespect.

And thirdly, it's your opinion about whether my idea is good or bad, I find it useful.

1st, "i insuted new generations players" so thats not toxicity? read at least your own words, damn
2nd, its stupid to limit people to register, it wont fix anything it will just make things worse xd

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 16:08

Nehil wrote:1st, "i insuted new generations players" so thats not toxicity? read at least your own words, damn
2nd, its stupid to limit people to register, it wont fix anything it will just make things worse xd

First is upon your choice,

Second I don't find any issue of adding limitations, I just updated the cons and it only affects the gameplay on multiplayer, mind elaborate more on second thing please?

mokaal

Postby Nehil » 18 June 2021, 16:20

Underage issue - nearly all of the playerbase is underage, you included.
Avoids dumb newgens - no, they'll still register freely since this is just a glorified referral.
All registered users can invite - filtering is about restriction, otherwise no idea what you're doing.

You're better off making your own discord server and / or playing with your own friends / clan, also you're dumb.

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 16:25

How to delete this reply? I posted it twice sorry
Last edited by mokaal on 18 June 2021, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

mokaal

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 16:26

Nehil wrote:Underage issue - nearly all of the playerbase is underage, you included.

You just copied the same thing what Gash said, make your own opinions unoriginal.

mokaal

Postby Gashadokuro » 18 June 2021, 16:33

If only PB2 users can play PB3 or invite people once-twice a month = same community, only smaller (if at all) because the filter is an indiscriminate "you weren't a PB2 user". There's also no guarantees inactive PB2 users will come back.
Gashadokuro

Postby Nehil » 18 June 2021, 18:27

mokaal wrote:
Nehil wrote:Underage issue - nearly all of the playerbase is underage, you included.

You just copied the same thing what Gash said, make your own opinions unoriginal.

Ok, have u ever seen a game that limits the players that can register by invites? i mean, whats the point, if you want a mature community go and make it external, like discord,, and again, idc if you call me unoriginal, im not wasting time on you but since you understimate my opinion i will have to tell you what i think about if
If you want it point by point here we go
-It would cause inactivity in game, multiplayer in general
-People would depend of OTHERS to play the game, and tell me who the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce joined this community knowing someone external to it alrdy? even when it was alive
-It would cause abuse between people
-People wouldnt have the choise to start over since they would depend of an invite
-Theres no game that limit his players if we talk about accounts, an account shouldnt be something of "PREMIUM ACCESS"
-Considering that its for pb3 it also makes no sense whats the point again?
-you literally gave an idea without a solid base, its not understandable at all
-There are kids everywhere, u cant limit them, they will grow up after all, just like the past generations that dont play anymore
Last edited by Nehil on 18 June 2021, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 18:52

Nehil wrote:
mokaal wrote:

Ok basically youre retarded, have u ever seen a game that limits the players that can register by invites? i mean, whats the point, if you want a mature community go and make it external, like discord, its stupid, and again, idgaf if you call me unoriginal, im not wasting time on you but since you understimate my opinion i will have to tell you what i think about if
-People would depend of OTHERS to play the game, and tell me who the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce joined this community knowing someone external to it alrdy? even when it was alive xd
-People wouldnt have the choise to start over since they would depend of an autistic invite
-Theres no game that limit his players if we talk about accounts, an account shouldnt be something of "PREMIUM ACCESS" and wanna know why? everyone knows that its stupid
-Considering that its for pb3 it also makes no sense LOL... whats the point again? new gens? whats the issue of new players? arent you a new gen too? Does playing before a game make you superior than others? arent u a kid too? im a kid too, i have to admit it, but im logical on my way to think, sorry if this sounds agressive but i tried to understand but youre pointless
-There are kids everywhere, u cant limit them, they will grow up after all, just like the past generations that dont play anymore

want me to keep going? cause i can keep going point by point so you get it, your idea is hella dumb, makes 0 sense, like, you try to make accounts "exclusive"????????????????????????????????????????? so now you need :D PREMIUM ACCESS :D to play PB series? as i said before, just make ur own server with your own community, dk what were u thinking when u said that, i tried to explain it being calm but seems like u still dont get it

Nehil, it isn't about premium membership or anything.

The game is in dead state, why not keep it only to ourselves instead of sharing it to outsiders.

Abuse opinion doesn't have any sense.

There was in fact, old roblox revival project so they can avoid exploiters/hackers from joining.

Again, I don't spoil or flex my membership or my generation, in fact most of the community hates newgens for various reasons

Lastly, be civilized when speaking.

mokaal

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 19:02

Nehil wrote:"civilizated when speaking" ok "new gen" abuser, everyone has the rights to play and make an account, theres no doubt about that, your idea is literally retarded xd

Everyone, as everyone suddenly became interested on playing PB2.

The game is in dead state, therefore no one will play it except the remains of playerbase.

mokaal

Postby Gashadokuro » 18 June 2021, 19:07

It discriminates by veterancy which is the only factor, and not a meaningful factor.
It is a baseless measure since toxicity has always existed.
It is delusional when it comes to fulfilling its objective via destroying the community it's supposed to protect.
It is hypocritical if the situation were to be reversed.
It is selfish.
It is too limited due to being 1-2 people a month.
It is unprecedented due to no game caring for its community or success having ever done such a thing.
It doesn't let people prove themselves regardless of attitude or possible contributions.
It doesn't make sense to work 10 years on a game and make it private.
It puts veterancy on a pedestal regardless of activity.
It puts veterancy on a pedestal regardless of contribution.
It sends a very poor message.
It will cause inactivity in the discord.
It will cause inactivity in the forum.
It will cause inactivity in the game.
It will deprive creators (art or maps) from a public.
It will deprive supporters from a flourishing community.
It will deprive the game itself from its future generations.
It will discourage people from trying it out.
It will lock a singleplayer campaign (??).
It will look bad on Eric Gurt's cv.
It will promote elitism among registered users.
It will promote negative attitudes against new users.
It will prevent new people from supporting Eric Gurt in general.
It will punish people who discover the series after PB2.
People will abuse the invite feature with alts.
People will depend on others to play the game.
People will lose access if they lose their account and know nobody.
People will mock whoever adds this.
The game's creative community will be nonexistent.
The growing inactivity will mean even less invites will be sent, thus locking the game.
This is even more restricted than paywalling.
Toxic players will be able to join.
Gashadokuro

Postby Stryde » 18 June 2021, 19:36

Nehil wrote:
mokaal wrote:

Ok basically youre retarded, have u ever seen a game that limits the players that can register by invites? i mean, whats the point, if you want a mature community go and make it external, like discord, its stupid, and again, idgaf if you call me unoriginal, im not wasting time on you but since you understimate my opinion i will have to tell you what i think about if
-People would depend of OTHERS to play the game, and tell me who the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce joined this community knowing someone external to it alrdy? even when it was alive xd
-People wouldnt have the choise to start over since they would depend of an autistic invite
-Theres no game that limit his players if we talk about accounts, an account shouldnt be something of "PREMIUM ACCESS" and wanna know why? everyone knows that its stupid
-Considering that its for pb3 it also makes no sense LOL... whats the point again? new gens? whats the issue of new players? arent you a new gen too? Does playing before a game make you superior than others? arent u a kid too? im a kid too, i have to admit it, but im logical on my way to think, sorry if this sounds agressive but i tried to understand but youre pointless

want me to keep going? cause i can keep going point by point so you get it, your idea is hella dumb, makes 0 sense, like, you try to make accounts "exclusive"????????????????????????????????????????? so now you need :D PREMIUM ACCESS :D to play PB series? as i said before, just make ur own server with your own community, dk what were u thinking when u said that, i tried to explain it being calm but seems like u still dont get it

Nehil wrote:"civilizated when speaking" ok "new gen" abuser, everyone has the rights to play and make an account, theres no doubt about that, your idea is literally retarded xd

Let's make a few things clear:
1) your behavior in these posts are exemplary instances of why an invite-based system would eliminate toxicity and improve the community
2) you're breaking multiple forum rules by continuing to post and attack others on this topic, so either stop commenting on it or keep getting warnings so I can ban you on the forums
3) you don't need to call someone retarded over an idea that has even been tossed around by other staff, and the developer himself

Consider this a warning before the thread gets locked by myself or another moderator

Stryde

Next

Return to General Discussion