Suggesting a new feature.

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Suggesting a new feature.

Postby mokaal » 18 June 2021, 20:01

Gashadokuro wrote:It discriminates by veterancy which is the only factor, and not a meaningful factor.
It is a baseless measure since toxicity has always existed.
It is delusional when it comes to fulfilling its objective via destroying the community it's supposed to protect.
It is hypocritical if the situation were to be reversed.
It is selfish.
It is too limited due to being 1-2 people a month.
It is unprecedented due to no game caring for its community or success having ever done such a thing.
It doesn't let people prove themselves regardless of attitude or possible contributions.
It doesn't make sense to work 10 years on a game and make it private.
It puts veterancy on a pedestal regardless of activity.
It puts veterancy on a pedestal regardless of contribution.
It sends a very poor message.
It will cause inactivity in the discord.
It will cause inactivity in the forum.
It will cause inactivity in the game.
It will deprive creators (art or maps) from a public.
It will deprive supporters from a flourishing community.
It will deprive the game itself from its future generations.
It will discourage people from trying it out.
It will lock a singleplayer campaign (??).
It will look bad on Eric Gurt's cv.
It will promote elitism among registered users.
It will promote negative attitudes against new users.
It will prevent new people from supporting Eric Gurt in general.
It will punish people who discover the series after PB2.
People will abuse the invite feature with alts.
People will depend on others to play the game.
People will lose access if they lose their account and know nobody.
People will mock whoever adds this.
The game's creative community will be nonexistent.
The growing inactivity will mean even less invites will be sent, thus locking the game.
This is even more restricted than paywalling.
Toxic players will be able to join.

First I would like to thank you very much with detailed and civilized response, but I'll do counter some of your opinions.

It's true that by having this feature available it will make some people feel spoiled and flexible flexing their membership, but they're retards anyway, who will flex their membership? Only retards will do so.

Toxicity always exists in every community and games, it's sometimes impossible to eliminate it fully but we can at least ease it.

I mean, we have 50 player online average, if they invited outsiders it will be like 100 new accounts per month.

I know, supposedly the game itself was made only for Eric's hobby.

Anyone can contribute by anything, but it won't be different than the average player to avoid favoritism.

Discord is always active by older players

Forum is always active by older players

Game will be but less active, since most of players are new generation.

My POV: I noticed that if the game is private it will bring anyone's attention therefore they'll ask for Invitation ( Ex: Finobe, an old roblox revival project )

Not really honestly, regarding single player.

New people rarely supports Eric, only most of supporters are midgens/oldgens.

Detecting alt can be another feature but will take a lot of time.

Support center exists for that.

Not really, considering the fact that no one is not interested on PB2 anymore from outsiders POV, for example SFH, everyone became interested on SFH when Justin and other developers announced Strike Force Heroes Remastered.

Possible regarding inactivity issue.

And toxic players will be less.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Gashadokuro » 18 June 2021, 20:07

mokaal wrote:First I would like to thank you very much with detailed and civilized response, but I'll do counter some of your opinions.

Sure.

mokaal wrote:It's true that by having this feature available it will make some people feel spoiled and flexible flexing their membership, but they're retards anyway, who will flex their membership? Only retards will do so.

It's a slippery slope, like guestophobia. It only takes a minority to start hating for most of the community to become unwelcoming and suspicious of newcomers.

mokaal wrote:Toxicity always exists in every community and games, it's sometimes impossible to eliminate it fully but we can at least ease it.

Sure, but as I said this measure fails to distinguish between good and bad users, and since the majority of users are good, they'll be the most affected by this measure via being unable to join or not meeting new people.

mokaal wrote:I mean, we have 50 player online average, if they invited outsiders it will be like 100 new accounts per month.

That's wishful thinking unfortunately, invites are infinitely inferior to being open and free to join on several websites due to working on a player to player basis.

mokaal wrote:I know, supposedly the game itself was made only for Eric's hobby.

A hobby which should be available to everybody, not solely to what's left of his 2010 game.

mokaal wrote:Anyone can contribute by anything, but it won't be different than the average player to avoid favoritism.

All players are not created equal. Some register swifter of fighting, some with greater creativity. Some login with poor specs and others play devoid of lag. Both in registering and in experience, every human is inherently different. Yes, that is why people discriminate against one another, which is why there is struggle, competition, and the unfaultering mark of progress. Inequality is not wrong, equality is.

mokaal wrote:Discord is always active by older players

It's always the same 4-5 shitposters with nothing to say, popular people are rarely replaced.

mokaal wrote:Forum is always active by older players

It is also inferior in terms of engagement, you can take a look at the art section, from thousands of views to 100-300.

mokaal wrote:Game will be but less active, since most of players are new generation.

This goes without saying yes.

mokaal wrote:My POV: I noticed that if the game is private it will bring anyone's attention therefore they'll ask for Invitation

If a game is private, how am I going to check it out and decide whether it's worth playing? This game was free to play and register, but even registering via providing an email can be a hassle, so imagine having to beg for some monthly invite to players.

mokaal wrote:Not really honestly, regarding single player.

Imagine playing the campaign, then in the menu you have a locked multiplayer taunting you. I doubt that'd feel good.

mokaal wrote:New people rarely supports Eric, only most of supporters are midgens/oldgens.

He never let people support him since it was a hobby and he didn't want to have obligations, on top of being too kind. Open projects have seen their support grow, due to their popularity and thus playerbase growing as well. An open game will always earn more via new + old players than only old, who will eventually move out.

mokaal wrote:Detecting alt can be another feature but will take a lot of time.

If you invite to troll = banned.
If you invite a friend = banned.

mokaal wrote:Support center exists for that.

There's inactivity problems + Staff itself complaining about lack of tools and structural stiffness.

mokaal wrote:Not really, considering the fact that no one is not interested on PB2 anymore from outsiders POV, for example SFH, everyone became interested on SFH when Justin and other developers announced Strike Force Heroes Remastered.

Would you be interested in SFH if they had the same system? Maybe, if you cared enough, otherwise you wouldn't bother, which means most people.

mokaal wrote:Possible regarding inactivity issue.

It's not possible, it's a fact. We were all 'newgens' at some point, and new players have to replace old ones to some extent.

mokaal wrote:And toxic players will be less.

At the expense of god knows how many dozens or hundreds of perfectly normal players who'll never be able to play for no reason other than being new. Toxicity isn't even that big of a deal with automatic filters or a decent Staff team.
Last edited by Gashadokuro on 18 June 2021, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby meliante » 18 June 2021, 20:10

POV: Finally a mod is acting like a mod.
https://prnt.sc/ox8tpk
F the game. F
meliante
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 19 June 2021, 00:35

The forum and multiplayer community is dead and inactive enough to need to put effort into some radical change. You only need one semi-active and competent mod to keep things clean, and there's plenty of those already, although calling moderators competent is a strech.

By the way, there's an easier solution to alt accounts called ''IP bans''. Most websites do this nowadays, and I'm pretty sure PB2 has this.

If you think this game has any ''toxicity'' and you can't deal with said toxicity then you aren't mature enough to call anyone underaged.

Not to mention if you ask for the implementation of this you'll make Eric focus on wasting his time working of this rather on him keeping working on PB3.

Also, your idea that only underage kids shitpost and are toxic is flawed.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ligmaburst » 22 June 2021, 13:11

OH NO THE NEWGENS WHAT CAN WE DO???? i agree with the first comment
ligmaburst
Recruit

Previous

Return to General Discussion