In your opinion

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

In your opinion

Postby Canada777 » 27 January 2021, 07:43

in your opinion skill wise who do you think is the best player to ever exist on pb2?

for me it's either kaos or balem

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: In your opinion

Postby phsc » 27 January 2021, 07:49

YOSHIMAN THE GREAT
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Canada777 » 27 January 2021, 08:07

oh yesh definitly!!!!!!!

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mokaal » 27 January 2021, 08:13

Everyone can be best or worst player in this community.

The point is that it's the best not to say a specific who's the best or the worst, just to avoid awkward situations and shame.

Keep your opinions to yourself, freedom of speech has limits.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Nyove » 27 January 2021, 08:22

Hey mokaal,

I disagree with you saying we should keep quiet on opinions like "who is the best in PB2". I believe everyone is entitled to have their opinion and if others disagrees, well they are entitled to that opinion as well. (Obviously situation is different on controversial topics and the matter of expressing ones opinion.)

On topic, I believe the best player in PB2 is Cahir. His skills, creativity and theme is unparalleled. If you don't know him and were to play his traps maps series now, it is possible for players to think that it is a relatively new map when in fact, this map is older than most of the players in the player base today.

Best regards,
Nyove
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby phsc » 27 January 2021, 08:28

mokaal wrote:Everyone can be best or worst player in this community.

Skill-wise as he said! some dude with 361 deaths and 37 kills who barely knows game mechanics is not the best player skill-wise, of course this topic is about the combat-related side of PB2 considering the examples he used.

The point is that it's the best not to say a specific who's the best or the worst, just to avoid awkward situations and shame.

This is the most common thing ever dude, like wtf?
"Hey who do you think is the best League of Legends player? I think it is Faker."
"Nah Faker is too old, he used to be good but I think ShowMaker is better."

or even better
"Who do you think is the best race car driver ever? I think it is Ayrton Senna."
"I think that Niki Lauda is."

OR EVEN BETTER
"Who is the best soccer player ever? I think it is Pelé."
"Maradona all the way."

This is super common and it is not awkward and it is not shameful! actually, saying this is awkward is the awkward thing to say, this is super common in anything that has any competition to it, who is the best guitar player? who is the best movie director? etc.

Keep your opinions to yourself, freedom of speech has limits.

This is just cringe tho

Nyove wrote:On topic, I believe the best player in PB2 is Cahir. His skills, creativity and theme is unparalleled. If you don't know him and were to play his traps maps series now, it is possible for players to think that it is a relatively new map when in fact, this map is older than most of the players in the player base today.

For map making I agree, Cahir, but I think the topic is mostly about the combat side of PB2, Kaos and Balem are not really known for their map making skills, but what Cahir did was amazing, mostly considering what was made at the time, the tools used and such, truly amazing.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby paulstin » 27 January 2021, 13:43

Yoshiman40 founder of DARK CLAN . known as YOSHIMAN THE GREAT the only player with the highest K/D ratio of 18

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby nightmar » 27 January 2021, 18:25

paulstin wrote:Yoshiman40 founder of DARK CLAN . known as YOSHIMAN THE GREAT the only player with the highest K/D ratio of 18

*laughs at players with 100+ kdr
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby lptj1027 » 27 January 2021, 21:10

If i'm being honest here, Hundreds of players over the years of PB2 could be considered the greatest of all time. But I had to pick a current leader, it would have to be either Nehil, Mohamed, or Cahir. All being elite players of pb2 alongside with Statistics to prove it. But then again, this is based on how i've gone against them in matches and how i've seen their skill level. Its my Opinion/Bias towards this topic, Many will disagree with me on this.
The Official Golden Cat Of PB2
lptj1027
Recruit

Postby mokaal » 27 January 2021, 21:15

lptj1027 wrote:If i'm being honest here, Hundreds of players over the years of PB2 could be considered the greatest of all time. But I had to pick a current leader, it would have to be either Nehil, Mohamed, or Cahir. All being elite players of pb2 alongside with Statistics to prove it. But then again, this is based on how i've gone against them in matches and how i've seen their skill level. Its my Opinion/Bias towards this topic, Many will disagree with me on this.

Off topic question, How do you have an animated or video pfp please explain.

mokaal

Postby lptj1027 » 27 January 2021, 21:18

@mokaal As long as you have a GIF file that is under 198kb, the site will allow you to set it as so
lptj1027
Recruit

Postby mokaal » 27 January 2021, 21:19

lptj1027 wrote:@mokaal As long as you have a GIF file that is under 198kb, the site will allow you to set it as so

And still 128 heights and width or nah?

mokaal

Postby lptj1027 » 27 January 2021, 21:21

@mokaal Yep. still 128
lptj1027
Recruit

Postby astrodex pl » 23 February 2021, 12:58

i dont know who is the best pb2 player everyone has bad sides and good sides
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl

Postby TheMeteor » 23 February 2021, 20:23

Canada777 wrote:in your opinion skill wise who do you think is the best player to ever exist on pb2?

for me it's either kaos or balem

I would proudly say Kev01 is the greatest.
TheMeteor
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby nightmar » 24 February 2021, 23:42

it's impossible to determine a best player in pvp (I suppose this topic is for pvp) since a lot of skilled players have not fought each other or at their fullest or they may be worse than others under specific circumstances. Only if we go by players who give it their all and are currently active and play the same map can we actually make a speculation and even then that speculation will be only for said map.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby YRN4LYFE » 25 February 2021, 16:23

nightmar wrote:it's impossible to determine a best player in pvp (I suppose this topic is for pvp) since a lot of skilled players have not fought each other or at their fullest or they may be worse than others under specific circumstances. Only if we go by players who give it their all and are currently active and play the same map can we actually make a speculation and even then that speculation will be only for said map.

Yeah I agree with you on that

YRN4LYFE
Recruit

Postby phsc » 25 February 2021, 17:36

nightmar wrote:it's impossible to determine a best player in pvp (I suppose this topic is for pvp) since a lot of skilled players have not fought each other or at their fullest or they may be worse than others under specific circumstances. Only if we go by players who give it their all and are currently active and play the same map can we actually make a speculation and even then that speculation will be only for said map.

AND THIS IS WHERE USING YOUR BRAIN COMES IN

It is possible to determine knowing playstyles, maps, advantages and disavantages, a lot of players have not fought each other but this is kind of not the biggest issue, the biggest issue when it comes to this is when you are at your peak and how good you were at it, see, if someone who used to be top 1 in 2013 comes back to PB2 in 2021, they probably won't be as good anymore! not to mention how the game evolved (what most good players did in 2013 is now kind of like common knowledge), but you can speculate, you don't need to test it, not to mention that winning a 1v1 does not mean a player is better than another, to be truly sure of that, it would need to be simulated an absurd amount of times, someone might win vs someone else in the first time, but not in the second, not to mention how some arbitrary rules (number of kills, 10? 15? 20?) can greatly affect this, because some players are better at adapting and countering playstyles so they would be better off in multiple matches or a 1v1 until 20 kills instead of one to 10.

IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE, you can predict the right results, it is just very hard, a thing you can do is think a bit, if player X beats player Y and player Y beats player Z, player X is likely to beat player Z considering how linear and simple PB2 is, considering of course similar circunstances like same map and such.

There is much more to this, what about teamplay? it does not have to be a 1v1 directly, what if someone is good at leading a team while being a mechanically good player that works really well with teams? that is also a skill and a good player, what about a player who might not be the best at snipers or at rails or at arena, but he is very consistent at it all, the jack of all trades but master of none, but still, he is the best if you were to make an average out of all, this is where the title of the topic comes in! your OPINION! you get to choose the parameters and say why you think player X is good.

EVEN MORE TO THIS, you can also say that a player is very good because he found out/invented a thing, so you could say whoever invented self-boost for the first time or like whoever found some exploit or whatever (fun fact but a lot of older "legends" of PB2 used to speed hack and even slow hack - this really deliciously exquisite pizza sauce up the syncing giving them a big advantage), this is strategy over tactics, why is it inherently inferior? it's not.

There is also the fact there are other things to PB2 other than combat, as some said, map making, Cahir is generally considered an amazing map maker by what he did, when he did, and how he did, not because of his peak results, but of his peak results for the time, a player might be really good in 2012, but compared to modern times not that much, things evolve, but that dude was amazing back then, speculation is necessary and testing - while possible - does not inherently say a player is better or inferior than another, not to mention how skill in PB2 is very relative and things like ping, game syncing, game configuration and many other things can greatly affect a player and give him an advantage over another, not to mention how someone who was good back then with older syncing abusing lag and such probably won't be that good these days, the idea of this topic is according to the criteria selected by the one commenting, you say who you think is the best, some explain, some not, this is a very intuitive thing for everybody, but apparently not for you.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion