The State of pb2 summarized and a call to eric

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

The State of pb2 summarized and a call to eric

Postby Canada777 » 25 January 2021, 06:53

Plazma burst is... something, pb2 today is unrecognizable from the pb2 that existed then/Back in 2015 we had BoZ, GeNo, YrN, Itami, Legends, etc. Now we only have YrN and even then we don't really play the game that much anymore. With the decline in skill based clans and ranked being less and less active and with the majority of the players that still play ranked being nobs it's much easier to rank up. I can gain enough sp to get me to 10th in a matter of hours if the time is right and there is more then 4 people in my sp range in the map. With PL dying out completely due to.... recent bans ranked in pb2 has become an age of the past and if you want to actually play pb2 for it's combat portion you have 2 options:

One: Play in custom deathmatch matches where you deal with annoying modified weapons where you are often in a slow motion based map

Two: make an ranked match wait 5-10 minutes for someone to join, you kill them once and then they leave.

Or if you are lucky you can find an active stryde-sniper match or max teabag's area 51 map. Even then you still contend with nobs and tryhards.

Ultimatly i'm a newgen i can't really speak for the past as i was not there but i have heard accounts and i can safely say that it was better back then, we may have better graphics, weapons and map building tools now but the game just isn't what it used to be. When flash died the game lost half it's regular players, i'm not even kidding we used to have 110 on daily now we're down to 56 and at night it's dead. even back in 2019 things were better than this and that was just a year ago.

that's for ranked, as for the custom area things aren't looking great either. Clan wise custom based clans were able to recruit more members than if they were skill based with application systems. For one in a custom based clan you will almost never see an application system in 2019 or 2020 all of them were short on members and desperately needed them. Clans like R!OT, UDPR, GTR and Dark clan managed to recruit in large numbers over time due to this, but this came at a cost, quality. What made clans like BoZ, YrN and GeNo survive for so long was due to them recruiting quality members that would stick with the clan, when you just say:

"Oh we don't care who gets in as long as they can type and shoot a gun"

it works in the short run less the long run. Me being a clan leader from experience recruitment was always a painful task and it would take in 2020 during peaks of activity at least 7-8 hours to get one recruit and he would usually leave after a day or two or go inactive.

Given that only two out of the four clans i mentioned earlier survived to this day holding on what little members they have left it's only a matter of time before those clans unfortunately perish

as for custom as a whole it's largely populated by guests which are often just players that wanna hide their account name for whatever the reason is.

So Eric, my message to you is: pb2 is dying i know you are working your ass off while contending with your real life working on this game but we need something to get hype up again before the game as a whole dies. I've always been optimistic but i can say for the rest of the community along with myself that we're kinda spent waiting for it. it's been several years now if you can atleast for us give us a range of when it will be released or spoil some new features that will come in the game to get hype up again that would be great.

Thank you - Canada777

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: The State of pb2 summarized and a call to eric

Postby Nehil » 26 January 2021, 06:25

Well, PB2 started dying on a progressive way since 2017/2018 as far as i know, theres not much to do, we can't really blame eric, we cant ask him to spoil new features on his game because, its his own game, he will decide what to do

something that i would recommend is adding a bot feature on multiplayer (UNRANKED ONLY) with at least 2 bots per match so the game doesnt die that easily (hard bots would be fine in my opinion) but at this point, 2021, sometimes we just have to let things go, things as this game

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Ayano » 26 January 2021, 14:10

Its already way too late to save this game. I don't think the remaining active players will last long, even if there were bot matches. Most clans have left PB2 and moved onto other games, I was formerly a part of GeNo and we would honestly enjoy other games rather than just PB 2. The only hype remaining is for 2.5/3
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby broforce1 » 26 January 2021, 17:42

Just stop, the game is over, just wait for PB3 and that's even better than tryhard with this ded game.
Last edited by broforce1 on 28 January 2021, 16:46, edited 2 times in total.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby paulstin » 26 January 2021, 18:15

Since the end of flash, obviously the average online players has dropped to 30 and below at most times, Pb2 is getting over 50 new players joining it each day, but very few seem to download the launcher, like existing players, they can not or dont want to download it.
ON the PB 2 website the the download looks hard to understand and this i think puts people off from trying.

The Excellent easy to understand instructions posted by Nyove are easy to follow and this link should of been promoted on global announcement from November so everyone could see them. This is a factor why Pb2 lost so many players. No one knew about them

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25098&p=215623#p215623

As for Clans on Pb2 Most either died out or are very small and just survivng.
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 26 January 2021, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offtopic message removed

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 26 January 2021, 18:31

paulstin wrote:The Excellent easy to understand instructions posted by Nyove are easy to follow and this link should of been promoted on global announcement from November so everyone could see them. This is a factor why Pb2 lost so many players. No one knew about them

We announced the Launcher and instructions on how to download them back in November.
Spoiler: Show More

As an addition, I kept announcing globally every time I go in-game that they can download the standalone launcher if they wish to.

In another note, I believe that the game was set to die back in 2017+ when the activity was starting to decrease because of the lack of updates and because the playerbase is not getting any younger. It was hard to get the young audience that the game is intended for. People who've played PB2 on their childhood had simply moved on with heir lives and played better games. The discord server which was made back in 2017 was only like a temporary stopper that helped decrease the rate of inactivity in the community. It helped connect the community to each other but then the game's death is inevitable from the start. People have been waiting for PB3 for the last 7 years and it's the only thing that could potentially revive the community.

If you noticed it, the player count for the last couple of months was averaging at 50-80 people and peaked at around 120 per day. However, after Flash Player was removed, the average people was only around at 20-40 people and peaked at 60. I think this is because PB2 was a great time-killer and that its easy accessibility is one of the main reasons on why people still play the game. They were just looking at PB2 as a way to 'pass-time' and not really to commit into playing it. That's why most people didn't download the standalone launcher because it would be 'committing into playing the game' which they didn't like in the first place.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby mokaal » 26 January 2021, 18:41

Younger audience are cringiest

Embrace old and mid generations 8)
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 26 January 2021, 18:56

The Glorious DARK CLAN had planned for this, we are the biggest clan in pb2 history, we have the most members so we could sustain these losses and still remain he biggest clan as we are now, we have lost many members sadly, but we have got those, who can not download the launcher, in our Pb2 linked discord server, where we wait for the release of Pb2.5/3, DARK CLAN keeps a presence on Pb2 where we are still the biggest and the dominant clan, we are still getting new members joining Our DARK CLAN family each day. DARK CLAN HAS not only survived but we Thrive! building up , ready for the release of PB2.5 where we will go onto that as a ready formed fully fledged clan. Still the Biggest, the best, the oldest clan formed in 2011 by the PB legend YOSHIMAN THE GREAT, For the second Victorious DARK CLAN Empire, DARK CLANS CLOAK covers the pb world, THE FURTURE IS DARK CLAN

LONG LIVE OUR GLORIOUS DARK CLAN LONG LIVE YOSHIMAN THE GREAT

paulstin Dont adverstise your clan in the forums.

I think the best way to enjoy the game now is by playing private matches with friends to avoid any trollers.
There are many custom(not approved) maps where they are balanced and they dont use broken moded guns to play.
The idea to have bots in mp i think it could work but only in private and custom maps(to avoid farming)
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby mokaal » 26 January 2021, 18:59

No wonder why most perhaps everyone wants you erased from the existence as well as your clan, you all had been here for a long time, can't you just leave and retire already?
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby paulstin » 26 January 2021, 19:44

mokaal wrote:No wonder why most perhaps everyone wants you erased from the existence as well as your clan, you all had been here for a long time, can't you just leave and retire already?

im not going anywhere lol,.. when pb2.5 comes out,Ill be back, ill be back in the game, ill be back and be just the same, doing what i did before, see me, ill run the show and if you get in my way your have to go, paulstin will be definatly back, definatly lol lol

paulstin
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Klondor » 26 January 2021, 20:12

mokaal wrote:No wonder why most perhaps everyone wants you erased from the existence as well as your clan, you all had been here for a long time, can't you just leave and retire already?

Dark Clan? Never heard of her.

Klondor

Postby MaFa- » 26 January 2021, 20:24

I wonder how Bots or AI would work in multiplayer of PB2?

• Would it be a nerfed version of the campaign AI or the same as bot 1 players?
  • Just with different difficulty?
  • Like impossible by default?
  • Making them see through walls and use defibs?
  • Or are they going to be just like in PB2.5/3 spoilers?
  • Allowing them to wall jump and self boost?
  • How would you expect it to work?

Sure. I'll love to see bots in multiplayer for the fun and boredom killing!

I made some test maps to kill off boredom and for fun by the way!
Kill me. Please. Just do it. I should have taken advice after all. Forget about that whole Yex situation. Its dead. Im only here to kill my own life and boredom. Also no more discord. Cause of IP bans. So who cares. I dont need communications with people. I am always lonely and thats all.

MaFa-
Recruit

Postby Canada777 » 27 January 2021, 05:42

Nehil wrote:Well, PB2 started dying on a progressive way since 2017/2018 as far as i know, theres not much to do, we can't really blame eric, we cant ask him to spoil new features on his game because, its his own game, he will decide what to do

something that i would recommend is adding a bot feature on multiplayer (UNRANKED ONLY) with at least 2 bots per match so the game doesnt die that easily (hard bots would be fine in my opinion) but at this point, 2021, sometimes we just have to let things go, things as this game

I agree, bots would make the game more engaging.

Canada777
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Nehil » 27 January 2021, 06:36

Well, on my case i play PB2 mostly because my laptop can't run any other game, not even Terraria so im kinda stuck there, basically im there to kill time when i have nothing to do (which is most of the time cause of quarantine on my country)

The bots idea i think it would be good even on unranked, but AI has to be fixed, no one wants easy bots to get farmed and go 10-100, what i mean is to make a new difficult for bots on Unranked between Hard and impossible along with smarter movement

Most of the people on new mp has a decent aim so we want bots with the same level (even superior so people can get better with the time) so a difficult between hard and impossible would be good

smarter movement, why? well just type bot 1 and you will see the risky and "dumb" movement of these bots on multi lmfao

Its kinda sad to click unranked matches and see 0/8 always on every match, so i think bots would be a good idea, a lot of games have bots on unranked mode, so i dont see why pb2 should be the exception

i cant say that this is fr needed, as i said, i just play this to kill time, it literally depends of eric if he adds bots around so the game lasts a little longer or if he let it die already, i wouldnt blame him if he chooses to let it die but, it would be cool to have some artificial activity at least, thats what i mean lol

Nehil
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to General Discussion