Should Anti Spectate Be Allowed

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Should Anti-Spectate be allowed

Yes it shouldn't be allowed
20%
No
80%

Total votes : 15

Should Anti Spectate Be Allowed

Postby wolf653 » 10 May 2020, 10:02

so somehow a user by the name of paul404 managed to make anti spectate if you spectate a match of paul404-base you will get a simple fourth grade insult basically not allowing you to watch the chaos occur when its max either my point is should anti-spectate not be allowed?
Last edited by wolf653 on 10 May 2020, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Should Anti Spectate Be Allowed

Postby Civil-Lite » 10 May 2020, 10:22

wolf653 wrote:so somehow a user by the name of paul404 managed to make anti spectate if you spectate a match of paul404-base you will get a simple fourth grade insult basically not allowing you to watch the chaos occur when its max either my point is should anti-spectate not be allowed?

I’m going to straight up disagree with this. Even though a person has done this once (hence mentioned above), this should not even be allowed at all. For the reason being, “inappropriate roleplay” is eligible to occur more frequently this way while text/chat is still visible to everyone. You’re basically disallowed to spectate the match to know what’s really happening behind the anti-spectator whereas the person/people still inside the match may think they’ve gotten away with it.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby TcBot » 10 May 2020, 15:46

Anti-Spectate?Sounds interesting,but spectate button was and will be in pb2.

TcBot
Recruit

Postby Build » 10 May 2020, 17:00

TcBot wrote:Anti-Spectate?Sounds interesting,but spectate button was and will be in pb2.

yeah i think u didn't even read the post
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 10 May 2020, 20:25

doesnt that make so staff cannot check if theres rules being broken so toxicity can be extreme n like ppl can hack or whatever without being able to be punished?
think this should make paul404 get banned, get his map deleted, how to do this should be made public and also be fixed
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 10 May 2020, 20:52

found out how he does it
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=949260
if my player is a spectator lock the camera
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby wolf653 » 10 May 2020, 21:28

i got confused honestly i ment if it should be allowed and ended up using a negative i do apologize for this as this was made at 5 am
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Girl_Power » 10 May 2020, 23:53

Civil-Lite wrote:I’m going to straight up disagree with this. Even though a person has done this once (hence mentioned above), this should not even be allowed at all. For the reason being, “inappropriate roleplay” is eligible to occur more frequently this way while text/chat is still visible to everyone. You’re basically disallowed to spectate the match to know what’s really happening behind the anti-spectator whereas the person/people still inside the match may think they’ve gotten away with it.

I 100% agree with Civil. This system should not be allowed and Eric should disallow this immediately. Inappropriate RP and abuse to players would be much more common if this system is implemented. Mods and admins cannot see what is happening in the match and that will prove to be a serious problem.

Paul404 should not be banned for this since he is the first known person to do it and there is no specific rule regarding this topic, but his map should be removed and the ALE system should be updated to discourage further abuse.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Build » 11 May 2020, 00:02

Having his map removed is a bit harsh just for the system he added.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Girl_Power » 11 May 2020, 01:27

Build wrote:Having his map removed is a bit harsh just for the system he added.

Do remember that his map is also a copy of the infamous Paul308-base. Although there is no rule stating copied maps are not allowed, Paul404's map has stolen credits from Paul308. If that is not enough, making a system in his map to avoid people (possibly staff members) from spectating a match to see what is happening is downright wrong. I don't see a huge problem with removing a map that is on the brink of breaking the rules.

Edit: I just went to test the map out myself and Paul404 also decided to put the words; "U Gay". Now these words aren't aimed towards any specific person(s) but taking into account that Paul404 planned everything out like this and also adding the unnecessary phrase "U Gay", I won't feel too bad if his map gets removed entirely.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Return to General Discussion