Skins/character playstyles

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Skins/character playstyles

Postby root--2 » 25 December 2019, 04:11

I wanted to ask some different things related to skins/characters that are available when going into your profile.
(NONE OF THESE QUESTIONS HAVE TO DO WITH PING/LAG THAT WOULD EFFECT A SKINS/CHARACTERS ABILITY TO DO THESE DIFFERENT THINGS) (THIS IS RELATED TO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER NOT IN CAMPAIGN

1. What skin/character eats the most when shot at, and thrown a grenade towards.

2. What skin/character has the best movement when playing for example doing a corner grab shot or a corner grab boost.

3. Which skin/character can fly the best (going left to right with the cursor while holding x.....)

4. What is the best skin/character to do any boost with other than flying. To name a few (self boost, edge boost, pillar boost etc)

Those are all the different questions relating to skins/characters. (I KNOW THAT ALL THE SKINS HAVE THE SAME HIT BOXES). Please tell me your opinions or official answers to these questions that you know are definitely right.
Last edited by root--2 on 12 January 2020, 22:44, edited 1 time in total.

root--2

Re: Skins/character playstyles

Postby ditzy » 25 December 2019, 06:27

I'm assuming that you're talking about DM skins? All DM skins have the same stats - hitboxes included - so no skin is better than another. Most of the things you described (with the exception of tanking shots) depends on your own skill level.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby root--2 » 25 December 2019, 08:53

I´m sure there are different things between skins. There are some skins that feel heavier than others. Also I beat a player 6 times 20-11 trying out different skins but one time i used noir lime to the dude that I was 1v1ing and i lost with the skin. Also I have heard that the star defender suit has 30 fps lag.

root--2

Postby mrblake213 » 26 December 2019, 09:06

I'm pretty sure that all of the skins are fair and the same when it comes to Multiplayer DM or TDM.
But when it comes to COOP and Singleplayer, some of them are fast, heavy, more bulkier, and etc.

Check the wiki for more information about the skins.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Zemai » 29 December 2019, 02:40

There is actually a noticeable difference in movement between skins. This difference was even more noticeable in the old MP before the physics update in 2018. The only reason I know this is because my play style relied heavily on movement trick and abuse of the game's physics. Really, which ever is best is subjective. Whatever feels best is the best for you. And on these physics, I'm not sure it matter as much anyways.
Zemai
Recruit

Postby KARL SERG » 30 December 2019, 19:34

root--2 wrote:I wanted to ask some different things related to skins/characters that are available when going into your profile.
(NONE OF THESE QUESTIONS HAVE TO DO WITH PING/LAG THAT WOULD EFFECT A SKINS/CHARACTERS ABILITY TO DO THESE DIFFERENT THINGS)

1. What skin/character eats the most when shot at, and thrown a grenade towards.

2. What skin/character has the best movement when playing for example doing a corner grab shot or a corner grab boost.

3. Which skin/character can fly the best (going left to right with the cursor while holding x.....)

4. What is the best skin/character to do any boost with other than flying. To name a few (self boost, edge boost, pillar boost etc)

Those are all the different questions relating to skins/characters. (I KNOW THAT ALL THE SKINS HAVE THE SAME HIT BOXES). Please tell me your opinions or official answers to these questions that you know are definitely right.

1. Fat skins that are slow in Singleplayer tend to be more susceptible to fire. That includes Heavy Marine, CS Heavy, Falkok of all stripes (especially Heavy Falkok, most probably Blue and Red, unsure about Phoenix) and, I presume, Crystal Guy (Raekosha? Teal with Magenta blood), CS Angel along with the new Bulky Android.

2. Thin Skins of any stripe. Most CS don't qualify except Ghost I think.

3. Android SLC of all colors and Ghost. Other thin skins observed to move quickly in single player in general.

4. Same.

Of course, it used to be like that in the past. It may have change with the awesome updates the game got.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby yizhe » 31 December 2019, 02:57

For the blue and red teams, they all share the same stats irregardless of their skins. In singleplayer and COOP, all skins are unique, unlike DM/TDM whereby they all share the same stats.
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to General Discussion