version 1.32

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

version 1.32

Postby Translator » 2 August 2019, 10:37

Weapons: Healing pistol by LazyRain, Gravy rocket launcher by LazyRain, CS-GLHF by Incompetence (replaces CS-RCu by Incompetence since similar weapon was added).

Cool when my same idea was stolen and added someone else's. Healing pistol

Look, it can be even a little bit called a copy

My gun: https://imgur.com/WshZ5m2
And lazyrain gun: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=22844

It's cool when a person makes a weapon that no one else has invented, shows it, and the other person takes makes an analogue

Translator
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: version 1.32

Postby darkstar 1 » 2 August 2019, 11:45

I'm pretty sure that lazyrain's version was first and that the idea of a ranged healing gun has been around for a lot longer

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Translator » 2 August 2019, 11:55

darkstar 1 wrote:I'm pretty sure that lazyrain's version was first and that the idea of a ranged healing gun has been around for a lot longer

You look at the fan Art section, I first suggested March 7 yet. And he suggested it later. In this section, this weapon does no

Translator
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby LazyRain » 2 August 2019, 13:51

darkstar 1 wrote:I'm pretty sure that lazyrain's version was first...

Translator wrote:You look at the fan Art section, I first suggested March 7 yet. And he suggested it later. In this section, this weapon does no

Spoiler: Show More
My post:

His post:

My post was earlier. But as you can notice he said he is actually Fellow. I don't know if it's true or not but let's check if user with that name has what we need.

Indeed. The topic

Let's compare these two pistols.

How many similar details can you notice? I'll list what I see:
* First of all is the shape. Well, all pistols are the same. It's hard to make something different having not much space. Claims that this is also a pistol of the similar form are meaningless.
* Another similar thing is the red cross. Of course my pistol has it too. How else could I make it clear that this is a medical gadget? And also where else should I put it? In my opinion that is the most suitable place.
* Lines on the barrel? No, it's just lines.

I didn't take his pistol as a base of mine. I used Defibrillator and CS-pro.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Translator » 2 August 2019, 14:20

LazyRain wrote:
darkstar 1 wrote:I'm pretty sure that lazyrain's version was first...

Translator wrote:You look at the fan Art section, I first suggested March 7 yet. And he suggested it later. In this section, this weapon does no

My post:

His post:

My post was earlier. But as you can notice he said he is actually Fellow. I don't know if it's true or not but let's check if user with that name has what we need.

Indeed. The topic

Let's compare these two pistols.

How many similar details can you notice? I'll list what I see:
* First of all is the shape. Well, all pistols are the same. It's hard to make something different having not much space. Claims that this is also a pistol of the similar form are meaningless.
* Another similar thing is the red cross. Of course my pistol has it too. How else could I make it clear that this is a medical gadget? And also where else should I put it? In my opinion that is the most suitable place.
* Lines on the barrel? No, it's just lines.

I didn't take his pistol as a base of mine. I used Defibrillator and CS-pro.

Yes, I Fellow, if you don't believe here is the proof:
Here are my saved passwords for MY accounts:
https://imgur.com/rhPfPFL

So you tell the truth! Did you steal my idea or not?

Translator
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Build » 2 August 2019, 14:39

Did you even read what he said? Also in my opinion the pistol defib one doesn't fit PB2 Art Style while LazyRain did a good job making it.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby LazyRain » 2 August 2019, 14:40

Translator wrote:So you tell the truth! Did you steal my idea or not?

Do you think you are the only person who could think up an idea about healing pistol?
LazyRain

Postby Translator » 2 August 2019, 14:41

LazyRain wrote:
Translator wrote:So you tell the truth! Did you steal my idea or not?

Do you think you are the only person who could think up an idea about healing pistol?

No, I think you just stole my idea, that's all.

Translator
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Incompetence » 2 August 2019, 20:44

healing pistols aren't a new idea. rainbow six siege has had a "healing pistol" since 2015 for example. games like rules of survival and killing floor 2 also have healing pistols of some kind already. and even though this isn't a pistol, overwatch has had a healing weapon since july 2016 (same concept so it counts, i guess)

no one here owns the concept of the healing pistol nor did anyone copy each other here because there are others that have already made the same thing elsewhere.
Incompetence

Postby black onyx » 2 August 2019, 21:31

Incompetence wrote:healing pistols aren't a new idea. rainbow six siege has had a "healing pistol" since 2015 for example. games like rules of survival and killing floor 2 also have healing pistols of some kind already. and even though this isn't a pistol, overwatch has had a healing weapon since july 2016 (same concept so it counts, i guess)

no one here owns the concept of the healing pistol nor did anyone copy each other here because there are others that have already made the same thing elsewhere.

That idea is even older than 2015....
tf2's medic has a healing crosbow, released in 2010!!
The first and only.
black onyx
Recruit

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 3 August 2019, 00:56

black onyx wrote:
Incompetence wrote:healing pistols aren't a new idea. rainbow six siege has had a "healing pistol" since 2015 for example. games like rules of survival and killing floor 2 also have healing pistols of some kind already. and even though this isn't a pistol, overwatch has had a healing weapon since july 2016 (same concept so it counts, i guess)

Engineer has a healing shotgun, and the medic also has a medigun
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby black onyx » 3 August 2019, 01:28

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
black onyx wrote:

Engineer has a healing shotgun, and the medic also has a medigun

indeed, but the medic's medigun doesn't work like the medic weapons we are talking about, the medic needs to be near someone for the gun to work, we are talking about medic weapons that actually fire a projectile, like the engineer's healing shotgun and the medic's crossbow
The first and only.
black onyx
Recruit

Postby Oriental » 3 August 2019, 18:46

Instead of being an asshole here @Translator
You just ignore what they said do you even understand what they are saying i mean not to be rude but see the difference between your grammar and their grammar. Anyways do you expect your pistol defibrillator gun to be added in PB2? Come on.
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby ECC9 » 12 August 2019, 15:55

I agree with Translator...

dont be a dicc with him ok :(
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby daft punk 777 » 28 August 2019, 05:33

I dont care who did it first , there only one thing - lazy rain did ... Good... version, this new defi better than basic, and i like it, if lazy rain never did it , translator (or fellow)'s gun did... NOT VERY GOOD...
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby Eric Gurt » 29 August 2019, 18:58

Translator wrote:It's cool when a person makes a weapon that no one else has invented, shows it, and the other person takes makes an analogue

I certainly know long-range healing weapons been appearing in some games before fan art submissions, one of them even exists for a while in PB2.5/3 I'm making.

Healing pistol is a good idea but if we were to simply mix two random of existing PB2 weapons - we could get that one. And between two of submissions one that matches the game style apparently gets voted higher.

I think copyrights don't exist in gameplay mechanics for that exact reason - ideas are frequently same and it is usual for many people to think of same idea.

I mean, it is talent if you can think of cool mechanics. But making so much of them to the point where only small portion of them will intersect with something that exists or can be easily created is even better one.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby Roxxar » 30 August 2019, 02:15

ugh, the game already has an automatic assault rifle, eric gurt stole my idea! what am i supposed to do now! i have to sue eric, he's copying my idea of an automatic assault rifle. /s

here's an example of what actual "copies" look like

the left one is daft punk 777's version from an old thread. the right one is my redraw that i made trying to show him how he could improve it. i would therefore say that mine was a direct copy of daft punk 777's fanart, and i would have definitely understood any displeasure if my art got in over daft punk 777's.

(if anyone is wondering, i did not submit my redrawn-fanart into the submission poll, and i have no clue who put it in or why.)

lazyrain's is not a copy, first and foremost.
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby apotheosis00 » 30 August 2019, 03:47

I'm going with Lazyrain.

Translator's isn't very good. And Lazyrain's is. So, even if Translator had put it in the submissions along with Lazyrain, Translator's wouldn't have made it far.

Also, why did Translator use a different account to post?
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 31 August 2019, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 31 August 2019, 14:12

@apotheosis00

Please dont double post the next use the edit button.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby apotheosis00 » 1 September 2019, 00:41

I'm sorry, thank you.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]

Next

Return to General Discussion