How does plazma burst 2 influence your life?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

How does plazma burst 2 influence your life?

Postby eru_ » 30 November 2021, 17:38

Since plazma burst 2 is a childhood game for several people here, how did pb influence your creations, productions, language, and daily life?
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: How does plazma burst 2 influence your life?

Postby astrodex pl » 30 November 2021, 21:26

being honest it bringed nothing to the table in my life
My purpose makes more sense when i look at insanity around that world
astrodex pl
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby broforce1 » 2 December 2021, 10:21

PB2 is one of the games that influence my creations, I get a lot of inspiration and ideas, some sci-fi games do the same thing but they only can influence certain things but not everything so I don't think PB2 or any other sci-fi game can do that amount of effect into my life u know.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Tortoise » 3 December 2021, 14:23

I've recently become involved in a pretty major video art project in my city. By "pretty major" I mean they've given me an actual budget that covers more than just my train fair and are paying me real money, which is more than most artists in the UK can hope for with the way our arts funding is going right now. My niche is making interactive artwork, ya know, like videogames. Like I used to make maps in this videogame for you weirdos.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby eru_ » 4 December 2021, 09:19

Tortoise wrote:I've recently become involved in a pretty major video art project in my city. By "pretty major" I mean they've given me an actual budget that covers more than just my train fair and are paying me real money, which is more than most artists in the UK can hope for with the way our arts funding is going right now. My niche is making interactive artwork, ya know, like videogames. Like I used to make maps in this videogame for you weirdos.

It's good to see you involved in a monetized project :D, tho it's a good choice to put efforts in a paid project instead of spending too much time in mapmaking.
I don't mean that PBC productions are worthless but honestly freelancing has a higher priority
eru_

Postby phsc » 8 December 2021, 07:13

pb2 is such a based game, it basically made me understand the basics of like trying to find out how things work in a logical and organized way w the old level editor/when the new one released because like nobody knew shit about how it worked, it was very fun, i mean basically like scientific method for kids i think eric even said he had this in his mind right

also well it also basically taught me logic and like programming in a very indirect way from a very young age, and well i do have a degree in this stuff right maybe that helped

also some weird game dev stuff, from like map making but also like erics own choices and what made pb2 what it was, i think it is very fascinating how like popular opinion forms and some other really weird shit out of the community

it also taught me english so yeah pretty cool i guess
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby eru_ » 8 December 2021, 07:35

phsc wrote:pb2 is such a based game, it basically made me understand the basics of like trying to find out how things work in a logical and organized way w the old level editor/when the new one released because like nobody knew shit about how it worked, it was very fun, i mean basically like scientific method for kids i think eric even said he had this in his mind right

also well it also basically taught me logic and like programming in a very indirect way from a very young age, and well i do have a degree in this stuff right maybe that helped

also some weird game dev stuff, from like map making but also like erics own choices and what made pb2 what it was, i think it is very fascinating how like popular opinion forms and some other really weird shit out of the community

Well, it's nice to see you focused on good side of pb2, you're not pessimistic.
Although, I learned English as well as you, my vocabulary improved, but my accent and grammar are still bad...
eru_

Postby yi en » 8 December 2021, 08:02

phsc wrote:pb2 is such a based game, it basically made me understand the basics of like trying to find out how things work in a logical and organized way w the old level editor/when the new one released because like nobody knew shit about how it worked, it was very fun, i mean basically like scientific method for kids i think eric even said he had this in his mind right

Wow, glad to see someone who is extremely knowledgeable can pin-point out the good side of PB2.
But yeah, aside from PBC, eventually PB2 is still a good product for people to play, yet it doesn't kinda fit in 2020-ish era.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby alj99 » 8 December 2021, 10:53

I'm also in a pretty similar experience as you. It pretty much taught me the same stuff as you did. PB2 showed what I'm good at (still trash at making the environment *cough*) like logical stuff dealing with variables, I managed to apply what I've learned in geometry classes there which is cool. I'm trying my knack with javascript now while i'm still not drowning in schoolwork as a hobby, I'm an amateur with it right now but hopefully I can do a lot more stuff in the future with.
Hello.
alj99
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby phsc » 8 December 2021, 11:50

alj99 wrote:I'm also in a pretty similar experience as you. It pretty much taught me the same stuff as you did. PB2 showed what I'm good at (still trash at making the environment *cough*) like logical stuff dealing with variables, I managed to apply what I've learned in geometry classes there which is cool. I'm trying my knack with javascript now while i'm still not drowning in schoolwork as a hobby, I'm an amateur with it right now but hopefully I can do a lot more stuff in the future with.

hey, if you want to make some cool pb2 stuff, it has a lot of potential, with the request URL trigger that eric added a long time ago, you can literally well, mix programming and PB2, here is a tutorial i made a while ago viewtopic.php?f=126&t=24553
some of it might be broken (like the website links i refer to as examples) but the text is what matters and i think it is cool, if you like javascript i think you can use node js and/or react to do similar things to what i did with PHP

you can even make programs that edit the XML of pb2 map files and do interesting stuff, if one has the balls they could even make an actual editor for pb2 maps (i wanted to do that but sadly i do not have the time, and it would require A LOT of it), i did this a while ago as well viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25111 and it is pretty cool, i mean, most of pb2s editor was made using javascript (you can even mod that! i had some plans related to that and i did figure some things out even back in like 2018, but i never made a new post)

so yeah gl man practice is key for programming related skills just like it is with any other sort of skill, less than some other things but the thing is, mental practice is also a thing, thinking and understanding is key in this field

anyway, if you sitll like pb2 and map making, you can mix that with your programming skills and it can be very fun and interesting, and well, you can even get more technical, i will just link to this https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/view ... 17&t=25531 which is pretty damn cool
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby eru_ » 8 December 2021, 17:42

phsc wrote:
alj99 wrote:I'm also in a pretty similar experience as you. It pretty much taught me the same stuff as you did. PB2 showed what I'm good at (still trash at making the environment *cough*) like logical stuff dealing with variables, I managed to apply what I've learned in geometry classes there which is cool. I'm trying my knack with javascript now while i'm still not drowning in schoolwork as a hobby, I'm an amateur with it right now but hopefully I can do a lot more stuff in the future with.

hey, if you want to make some cool pb2 stuff, it has a lot of potential, with the request URL trigger that eric added a long time ago, you can literally well, mix programming and PB2, here is a tutorial i made a while ago viewtopic.php?f=126&t=24553
some of it might be broken (like the website links i refer to as examples) but the text is what matters and i think it is cool, if you like javascript i think you can use node js and/or react to do similar things to what i did with PHP

you can even make programs that edit the XML of pb2 map files and do interesting stuff, if one has the balls they could even make an actual editor for pb2 maps (i wanted to do that but sadly i do not have the time, and it would require A LOT of it), i did this a while ago as well viewtopic.php?f=126&t=25111 and it is pretty cool, i mean, most of pb2s editor was made using javascript (you can even mod that! i had some plans related to that and i did figure some things out even back in like 2018, but i never made a new post)

so yeah gl man practice is key for programming related skills just like it is with any other sort of skill, less than some other things but the thing is, mental practice is also a thing, thinking and understanding is key in this field

anyway, if you sitll like pb2 and map making, you can mix that with your programming skills and it can be very fun and interesting, and well, you can even get more technical, i will just link to this https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/view ... 17&t=25531 which is pretty damn cool

Tbh, creating a js random map generator is one of the entertaining projects I've tried to do.
eru_

Postby Tortoise » 8 December 2021, 18:11

Feels like a lot of people learned about logic and programming from using the level editor. Honestly it's crazy how complex and flexible the level editor is. Personally I've never been very good at anything logic or programming related (taught myself a little python in high school but that's it) so I didn't use it for anything more complex than stringing together pizza sauce jokes and making base maps and impossible obstacle courses. But makings dumbass surreal multiplayer maps and seeing how people interacted with them was a really interesting experience for me. I still laugh my ass off whenever someone jumps down the "Free Guns" hole in my Scum Village map.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to General Discussion