Inventory

Ask any questions you may have here.

Inventory

Postby civil security light37 » 8 August 2019, 14:07

does anyone know how to save the inventory of a character and load it in another level? Im trying to make a campaign and I want the player to have what items they collected previously (Grenades, Secret Items, Etc.)
civil security light37
Recruit

Re: Inventory

Postby ziomke » 9 August 2019, 08:31

civil security light37 wrote:does anyone know how to save the inventory of a character and load it in another level? Im trying to make a campaign and I want the player to have what items they collected previously (Grenades, Secret Items, Etc.)

If i remember, you should make a variable with value 0 and some regions on the weapons. These regions activate triggers with trigger action that adds 1 to the previous variable (i think this system won't work if the player will drop a weapon but who would do it anyway??). I mean every region activates 1 trigger so for example you have 3 weapons to collect, so you make 3 regions and then 3 triggers. At the end of the map in the trigger that loads another map, you need to make an action called 'Save session variable 'A'' or something like that. On the another map you make a trigger on start with 'Load session variable 'A''. Hope this works.
ziomke
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Questions