.: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Plazma League Season 2!

Which would you think it may be the best map in this contest?

Poll ended at 9 June 2019, 04:00

Submission 1
1
4%
Submission 2
1
4%
Submission 3
9
35%
Submission 4
8
31%
Submission 5
3
12%
Submission 6
2
8%
Submission 7
2
8%
 
Total votes : 26

.: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby yi en » 30 May 2019, 04:00


.: Level Editors League Season 1 :.
Current Period —— Voting Period
Date: 30/05/2019 ~ 09/06/2019


Information
Firstly, I have to apologize of the delayed voting period due to me is going to science camp during 25~29/05/2019.
Second,In this period we will public the theme and all submissions I have got.

Themes (Just in case if you want to try it yourself, lol)
Spoiler: Show More
Code: Select all
Time flies.
"May you leave later, not just that early?" the general asked.
"No." May replied.
"It's so terrible to see you're leaving. Before you resign from the trooper, could you do me a favor? I mean, one very last favor?" the general pleaded.
"All right, this would be the last time I would server for you. What's the task?" May merely replied, coldly.
*General intentionally thrown a secretary file to her. *
"This territory decides your future. You and other three loyal friends would be involved in this specific task. Your aim is accurately capturing that fortified base, and you may treat that base as your lovely home." the general replied promptly.
"Sure." May replied, just before vacating the meeting room.

Consequently, May gathered her three most beloved friends, gear up their standard correction 9 weapons and commence the task. They used the escape pod to launch into the fortified base, 20km west from the base they are going to capture.

As May and her friends went in, snow approaches and warmly greets them. A snowflake flies through them. As they stealthily approach the base, suddenly a merciful bullet flew through May's ears, barely. The snowflake seems to do nothing about halting the momentum of the bullet, broken into pieces.

May shouted at her friends to hiding through the barrier. The moment the true identity of these troopers, she can't believe who's ambushing them, in her sunken eyes.


Extra requirements:
Spoiler: Show More
Code: Select all
Your task is either going designing a winter themed fight for the base warfare, or a short SP series with some hidden requirements from the story.
Additional requirements:
Exposed area.
Disable self boost.
Not-to-OP guns on both players or AI.
Both teams got correction nine theme weapons.
150 hp per player, which 50 hp is armor, 100 hp is themselves. (if multiplayer matches)
The base on the middle may design as you like, eliminate as many camping spot as you can. (if single player, only one base structure is allowed.)
Triggers usage grants extra credits.

and the hidden requirements will be shown in results period.

Submissions! (Hooray!)
Please click this link for all submissions.
And voting places will be right here.
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby CakeSpider » 30 May 2019, 06:44

I have a question, where is Submission 6 and 7?
User avatar
CakeSpider
Recruit
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 1 April 2017, 02:13
Location: USSR☭

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby yi en » 30 May 2019, 09:20

CakeSpider wrote:I have a question, where is Submission 6 and 7?

Good question.
2 of the 7 contestants haven't send the map submission on time :D
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby Krutz » 31 May 2019, 05:17

I have a few things to say about this entire event...

  • Why limit the event to only 8 participants? Despite the capacity of the event being occupied pretty much within the day of the other thread being created, almost half of the participants didn't even submit a map. And you still, in this very thread, allow voting for submissions that aren't even submitted...
  • It was offered to either submit a multiplayer "winter-themed base warfare" map or a singleplayer "short series that references May's story." 4 of the 5 submissions are singleplayer maps, not series (the 5th submission is some mysterious pixel art gallery or something). I assume that it was just a misspeak as singleplayer series wouldn't necessarily be able to be submitted as just 1 map file. I'm a little disappointed (and surprised) nobody tried to make a multiplayer map. Maybe that can be attributed to miscommunication in what the options were in the event?
  • The "extra requirements" are ambiguous. The map must have "disabled self-boosting"? I don't think any of the submissions disabled self-boosting. So are all the maps disqualified?
  • You forbid "not-too-OP" weapons in the map. What weapons are "not-too-OP"? Why not just make a list of forbidden guns to eliminate ambiguity?
  • You require "150 HP per player, where 50 HP is armor and the remaining 100 HP is 'themselves'." What does this even mean??? Did nobody question this? The competitors, anyone?
  • You allow freedom in designing the "base on the middle" and encourage the "elimination of any camping spots"... What "base on the middle"? You never mentioned that the base must be "in the middle" for multiplayer submissions.
  • You also mention that the inclusion of logics "grants extra credits"... What extra credits? Don't voters determine the winner?
  • Why are the other requirements being "held" until later?
  • Is literally nobody supervising the event for requirement adherence or communicative clarity?

Compelling singleplayer maps are pretty challenging to create because they are often laggy and demand a certain creativity from the mapmaker that is difficult to convey into a PB2 map. The story is often boring and nonsensical, and so is the laggy gameplay. I think this "story" is really not impressive, but I wouldn't expect otherwise.

I really liked Submission 1's camera dynamics. This was probably my favorite map, and apart from the cringey story which the mapmakers couldn't really do much about to a certain extent, it was the most interesting. You went back and forth and shit so it didn't feel like a map in which you just pave through AI and win. But the combat was kind of lame... if you didn't use chronowarp against the dudes with the Rayguns, you just get 1 shotted and have to do the whole mission over again (I find having no choice but to use chronowarp in a fight to be really boring). I didn't complete this mission because of that. But again, there's only so much you can do if you're restricted to Correction9 weaponry anyway. ALSO, your AI teammates were worthless; they didn't seem to do anything past the first 10 seconds.

Submission 2 was alright; I played it once and the "boss fight" seemed to glitch out and I just won. He walked past me and ignored me while I cut him like 50 times. It was really anticlimactic and the combat was pretty laggy.

Submission 3 was also pretty laggy and it was a bit easy (I played it on Easy difficulty though), but the architecture was nice and I liked the color schemes of the allies.

Submission 4 was another mission that was incredibly annoying to replay. I wish you could just skip the whole ridiculous silly story bit (but I will say, that part was well done). My life capsule even got stuck on the ship. I died after May gets captured because I just get pinned from 5 enemies just lighting me up (literally impossible to survive without chronowarp). The boss story at the end was lame and the fight I just cheesed with PSI swords because I didn't feel like holding down my mouse button for 30 seconds with the C-01r. The only part I liked about this map was the depiction of the story at the beginning and how dialogue was used. Make the words a different hex code next time and bigger.

I don't know what the hell Submission 5 is.

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby yi en » 31 May 2019, 12:16

Krutz wrote:I have a few things to say about this entire event...

all right, let me explain one by one.

Krutz wrote:Why limit the event to only 8 participants?

This is because we have to start from little step, and we hope that we won't mess it up for the little participants, but next season we will increase the amount of participants.

Krutz wrote:Despite the capacity of the event being occupied pretty much within the day of the other thread being created, almost half of the participants didn't even submit a map. And you still, in this very thread, allow voting for submissions that aren't even submitted...

This is because either I had to make sure if they really submitted the map and I haven't received yet or they didn't really submit the thing on time. But apparently they rly didn't submit on time and I can't change the vote section again. So rip.
(also, more slots are always better than less slots, as it is easier to let players ignore the extra slots rather than replace the whole topic again and affect the voting count, so yeah.)

Krutz wrote:It was offered to either submit a multiplayer "winter-themed base warfare" map or a singleplayer "short series that references May's story." 4 of the 5 submissions are singleplayer maps, not series (the 5th submission is some mysterious pixel art gallery or something). I assume that it was just a misspeak as singleplayer series wouldn't necessarily be able to be submitted as just 1 map file. I'm a little disappointed (and surprised) nobody tried to make a multiplayer map. Maybe that can be attributed to miscommunication in what the options were in the event?

Actually, we have really stated the map can do either SP maps or MP maps. These are their choice. Maybe this time a lot of participants thought that it is easy, if you don't believe, I may send you some participants selections in PM section.

Also, some participants asked about the SP series or map files, actually we have stated that we would only accept 1 map files for SP maps.

Krutz wrote:The "extra requirements" are ambiguous. The map must have "disabled self-boosting"? I don't think any of the submissions disabled self-boosting. So are all the maps disqualified?

Nope. Just deducted some points for "requirement" section. But as most of the participants didn't do the job, so their rank are basically the same, but officially would deducted the point for not disabling self-boost.

Krutz wrote:You forbid "not-too-OP" weapons in the map. What weapons are "not-too-OP"? Why not just make a list of forbidden guns to eliminate ambiguity?

In my opinion, I think map makers should have their own common sense of "what type of guns are OP and what type of guns are not," we may refer to max teabag's handguide to judge if that was too OP or boring to play or not, but it may affects heavily on performance points.


Krutz wrote:You require "150 HP per player, where 50 HP is armor and the remaining 100 HP is 'themselves'." What does this even mean??? Did nobody question this? The competitors, anyone?

surprisingly, nobody even asking me about that.
But actually this one is just for trigger experts who want to do the armor-system. But apparently nobody do that, even some of the maps doesn't even follow the HP requirements, so we would just judge that if the player hp is 150 hp or not.

Krutz wrote:You allow freedom in designing the "base on the middle" and encourage the "elimination of any camping spots"... What "base on the middle"? You never mentioned that the base must be "in the middle" for multiplayer submissions.

This is for singleplayer submissions.
As stated in the additional requirements, only one base is allowed, and the base is should be on the midway of the story, not just inside the base, as simple, we don't want the spawn point is inside the base, instead, we want it outside the base, with few distances.

Krutz wrote:You also mention that the inclusion of logics "grants extra credits"... What extra credits? Don't voters determine the winner?

The judging system behalves into 2 sections: Voter's favorite and Judges points.
Based on the current meeting, we make these 2 sections in ratio 4:6.
the extra credits belongs to judges points.

Krutz wrote:Why are the other requirements being "held" until later?

This is because I would be easier to explain how do I judge in "Requirements section" area.

Krutz wrote:Is literally nobody supervising the event for requirement adherence or communicative clarity?

Good question.
This is because half of the supervisor are facing their hard time and almost 90% of the Q&A are done by me lul.
also, this is my first time on hosting this such big and official matches, please treat me softer but thanks for critic comments, and I had learnt a lot of the ideas from you, thank you.

Krutz wrote:Compelling singleplayer maps are pretty challenging to create because they are often laggy and demand a certain creativity from the mapmaker that is difficult to convey into a PB2 map. The story is often boring and nonsensical, and so is the laggy gameplay. I think this "story" is really not impressive, but I wouldn't expect otherwise.

Opps.
Actually I am just an Asian kid who just struggling for studying for life XD
Of course, my English wasn't as good as others who treated English as primary language XD
About the story, actually it just brainstormed into my mind. If that isn't your taste, I apologize.

But the choosing of the maps are map maker's choice, maybe they have different view for the story. Who knows :)

Edit: Submission 5 is Multiplayer matches, based on the creator explained.
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby Krutz » 1 June 2019, 01:07

I completely understand that English isn't your first language, I just think that there should be someone to ensure that there is no miscommunication, since it didn't seem like there was. That is also not to say that your English is insufficient—it's definitely not.

I'm not sure what that "armor system" is which you mentioned. And you also only specified that the players need to have 150 HP if they were multiplayer maps. So, only 1 submission didn't adhere to that.

Speaking about the submission that didn't adhere to the HP requirement, how is Submission 5 a multiplayer map? It's a 130 HP melee-only map? Where are all the player entities? It's deathmatch-only or what?

Krutz
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]
 
Posts: 160
Joined: 20 October 2013, 16:52

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby CakeSpider » 1 June 2019, 02:34

@krutz to take the words out of my mouth.
User avatar
CakeSpider
Recruit
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 1 April 2017, 02:13
Location: USSR☭

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby mrblake213 » 1 June 2019, 05:36

Yes, I do agree the event has some things to improve later on.
What I think is worth nothing is that the requirements are quite weird and aren't specified if they're for SP or MP.
There should also be unlimited slots next time but let the registration stay, it is to know who would be participating in the event.

Krutz wrote:Speaking about the submission that didn't adhere to the HP requirement, how is Submission 5 a multiplayer map? It's a 130 HP melee-only map? Where are all the player entities? It's deathmatch-only or what?

I believe Submission 5 is kind of a gallery or a roleplay map that should have something to do with the story.

I think it's worth noting that this event is a contest. The host gave requirements and if not followed, points would be deducted. It's the mapmaker's choice to either follow or not follow the specified requirements.
User avatar
mrblake213
Moderator
 
Posts: 624
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby yi en » 1 June 2019, 14:44

Krutz wrote:I completely understand that English isn't your first language, I just think that there should be someone to ensure that there is no miscommunication, since it didn't seem like there was. That is also not to say that your English is insufficient—it's definitely not.

for the part of no miscommunication part, I rather spend some time to investigate this matter, thanks for pointing.

Krutz wrote:I'm not sure what that "armor system" is which you mentioned. And you also only specified that the players need to have 150 HP if they were multiplayer maps. So, only 1 submission didn't adhere to that.

For that we will take an inspection for that, thanks for pointing that out.

Krutz wrote:Speaking about the submission that didn't adhere to the HP requirement, how is Submission 5 a multiplayer map? It's a 130 HP melee-only map? Where are all the player entities? It's deathmatch-only or what?

I communicated with the original creator guy, and he told me that the xml file is making some bug there and lose some data, and I will update his map soon.
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby yi en » 2 June 2019, 14:45

.: Quick Announcement :.
Sorry for the double post but this is really important for that.

Currently the submission 5 creator found that his map is corrupted, so we have to change his file type again and hopefully the players would take another time to play his map.

Submission 5 is MP map
Submission 5 is MP map
Submission 5 is MP map


^it is important that I had to say 3 times.
apologize for the submission 5 creator.
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: .: Level Editors League Season 1 :. —— Voting Period

Postby yi en » 9 June 2019, 05:27

Bump again, sorry for inconvenience.
The voting period was ended, but the judging period is still on going~

The method to get the voting percentage is based on the vote percentage :3

and I am going to lock this topic and here's next new topic for judging method SOON ><
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 240
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10


Return to Season 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users