Plazma Burst 2 and 3

News related to PlazmaBurst and its community features.

Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Tempus » 7 January 2019, 04:21

Lets get things back into gear here. It's time to get to work and bring Plazma Burst Back.

We need your ideas, your requests on what we can do to make your experience better. We have a lot of features already for PB3. (we are not here to talk about what's already in pb3, etc)

What can we do to make PB2 more fun for you, Ideas on how we can get more players playing the game.


Something I want to address and get feedback on is Plazma League. Is it something you will be interested in again? Something for us to look into?

Let us know what we can do. Your Feed Back is important to us. Do us a favor and pass this forum link on, the more people see this the better.

Thank you,

Your Plazma Burst Team

Follow us on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt
&
https://twitter.com/PlazmaBurstTeam
User avatar
Tempus
Administrator
 
Posts: 205
Joined: 15 July 2013, 02:45
Location: United States

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Eternal Dorkness » 7 January 2019, 04:38

I think it would be best to make the community more involved with things being added to the game. Not anything that PB2 obviously isn't built for like grappling hooks or jetpacks (as cool as those would be in 2.5/3), but things like new weapons or player models just to spice things up every so often.
hmm today i will ᴄ̶̠̩̑̍̾̂̾̀̏͘ᴏ̷̳̜͔̺̩͚̖̉̕͝ɴ̶̡̡̲̟̘̪̊̎͜ꜱ̸̗̞̻̙̣͔͓̼̔̇͑̈́͐̔ᴜ̷̼͊͑̒͛̉̈́̔̉̕̕ᴍ̸̨̺͇͖̪͊̽̐͊̓̉͂͝ͅᴇ̴̛̭̖̮̐͒̔̋͠ my infant son
User avatar
Eternal Dorkness
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 8 August 2017, 22:05
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby ditzy » 7 January 2019, 04:46

Improve the ranking system!
Spoiler: Show More
The current system requires non-stop grind which isn't very fair to those who can't or don't want to spend every day playing ranked. Instead, I propose a new ranking system and formula for calculating pp.

Player points should be the average amount of ppp earned per kill, over the last 15 or so games. This formula should eliminate grinding, as time would no longer be a variable. Furthermore, ppp would be averaged by the amount of kills you make, so staying in a game to farm kills wouldn't increase your ppp gain by any significant amount.

With this new system, it wouldn't make much sense to lose ppp every day. Instead, make it similar to the LDR one. pp/ppp remains constant, and you're only removed from the leaderboards if you go inactive.


I'd also like to see more official events, and not exclusively combat related. As others have mentioned, having mapmaking or fanart events would be nice.
User avatar
ditzy
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 95
Joined: 1 December 2017, 01:20
Location: Ponyville

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby jdc55 » 7 January 2019, 05:26

Well first off I just wanna say that I'm JDC55, Former owner of PWL, The first big competitive PB2 league, and what started it all for Team v Team Competitive. PWL consisted of a lot of Pro players who still play today. So I know the downs and highs up forming a Competitive platform.. So I'd say Plazma League should comeback because it makes the game a lot more active in terms of other matches.. It gives the players a reason to get on and play. One thing that PB2 lacks nowadays is competitiveness. Something we haven't had in a while.. But there is one thing about executing and making it a lot better and more professional.

I will be speaking on behalf of Plazma League. First off, me being a person who has seen a lot of competitive matches and played in a good share, there are just some maps, me and as a person don't feel fit in a league format.. Not to discriminate rockets players, I have nothing against it, but a Rockets only map I feel shouldn't be in a Competitive league. And I say this because most of the league is consisted of players who like and specialize in the original Core 5 game modes. Arena, Snipers, Rails, Warfare, and Rays. Let's be real people, How many people would specialize in Rockets out of any team in Plazma League. I'd say up to 1.. Maybe 2. I also feel that Rockets isn't really a competitive weapon. I don't mind rockets being added to a mix, like in Warfare or Arena, But a Rockets only map is a no. Nor is it as intense as any other game mode. The Pace of gameplay is a lot slower and doesn't have a competitive feel to it. I feel it is more viewed as a mini game. Rockets only in PB2 to me is like Snipers only in Call Of Duty.. Only really played for fun and not viewed in a competitive platform.

I also don't think it's balanced for a League to randomly pick out maps when it comes to a Match.. In PWL we did Best of 5 to 8. All 5 games consisted of all Competitive game modes. So every single match every player that Specializes in a specific mode get's a better chance to play instead of having to wait until Next week or potentially the week after next week. This doesn't make it favored toward a specific team who just happens to have players who specialize in a random picked out game mode.This affects seeds. No one should be getting first or second seed out of luck, but how they performed in all Core 5 Game modes..

No one should be able to just create a team or play in the league. We have to make sure we have reliable team owners who will be online when matches start. But not only that, we have to make sure they care enough to get their team together on game day. We can't just have team owners who are there just for the title of "Team Owner". We have to actually have owners who do their job. I've seen so many careless team owners being selected. Anyone who wants to be a team owner should have to fill out some kind of application with strict questions. But not only will they be tested strictly, but treated strictly. That way they don't take their job as team owner a joke.

That's basically all I really have to say. Thanks for reading. And if you disagree with anything, don't be afraid to respond and say so. But also make sure you have an explanation.
User avatar
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 26 March 2015, 02:11

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Jason Eden » 7 January 2019, 09:20

Reset the whole approved maps list. Start anew. Approve high quality maps only (ex. Reject's, Terabrion's, X Mechanic's). No more stryde-sniper kind of maps should ever appear in this list. Players should get used to maps that can actually be called "art", so they would finally learn the difference between good and bad, and maybe get inspired to get into map making that was and is the core part of this game (and also competitive part).

I remember times when players were thinking Reject is a god. And what do we have now? I enter a stryde-sniper match to ask why do they play this trash 24/7? Do you know what did they tell me? They told me "shut up, this map is perfect and historical". Perfect... Historical... I really want to swear right now to express my feelings, but I promised myself that I will stop using filthy language. These people are wrong. They are blind. Community degraded a lot, and you staffs are the ones to blame for causing this. You legalized low quality maps and now they are everywhere. Level developers don't see a reason to improve their skills in map making because the level of quality that must be achieved to get into the approved club is set at the bottom of the Marianas Trench. You just take a source of egrw1, add 3 extra walls in the middle, change background to basic and boom, you get it all, 4600+ votes, 3rd place in Best Custom Level Developers, being called a guy who makes "historical" maps. Cool, right? Cool? THIS IS WHY true artists either leave this game or stop devoting their time to making maps.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby AyyLMAO3 » 7 January 2019, 12:27

Bring some of the smaller features of Plazma Burst 2.5/3 into Plazma Burst 2. Keep the features based on community opinion.
User avatar
AyyLMAO3
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 8 September 2017, 18:23

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Deadsparta » 7 January 2019, 13:12

I can think of some small things to update PB2 with, but they're likely not gonna keep the game alive, unfortunately.

More servers to support different regions would be nice.

We already discussed the possibility of more options for character skins, like more characters having team deathmatch versions of them.

But above all, problems with connections and lag should be addressed
User avatar
Deadsparta
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 7 January 2019, 09:27

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby yi en » 7 January 2019, 13:21

1. Plazma League.
Honestly, even I am from 2013 player, I still can't really get it about the Plazma League, and even the season 2 thingy.
Plazma League, as JDC55, Former owner of PWL, stated some good points for the Plazma League nowadays.
Map recruitment, balances, clear and satisfy rules, advertisements, server, etc.. we still have a lot of things to change.
so, let us state all of them, shall we?


a. Map recruitment.
so, how do the team define a "map" that is used for a "competition?"
specific guns/slots only? realwar? arena?
we can't really sure.Plazma burst 2 unlikely Rainbow siege, which only have some maps to choose from, and they can pratice on these maps.
But sadly, I think the PL team doesn't figure it the standard of the map design, or even "approved only" maps deals a lot of problems.
weapon unbalanced, few map that will show advantages and disadvantages for players (rocket only, sniper only, sword only, etc).
In my opinion, I prefer classes mode, as this will give players their favour to fight each other, and it is easier to check the balances.

b. Balances.
I would mainly focus on player's skill balances. For some reason, it is good to dig some players who has good skill here, but as the a. section, it would make a lot of restriction to player choosing if we still indeed to choose mono-wep map only.
Thus, what will happen if a team of players who is at top 100 is going to rekt all the other team? It makes no exciting, and we would already guessed it who will won, and player will just surrender without even try to fight.

c. Rules.
I prefer point form of the rules rather than paragraph form. That is because people who is unfamiliar with English often dizzied by long passage of rules.
And the rules, borders of the competition method remains unclear for me, and inattractive for people to join in.

d. Server.
Current PB2 server can't even grant a full-option of spectator/admin mode unless you can use your free cam thus you are in private match.
And 7 vs 7 players as the most, sometimes it makes reporting the event more difficult as they would kill each other at at least 3 places, and we would only have 2 Observers.

e. Advertisement.
pls, stream the whole PL event to either youtube, twitch, or etc. Don't just try to lock yourselves or only let players who played PB2 participate the match.
alternative, Timezone problem is another huge sickness for me :(


2. Map ranking system.
If I were one of the staff team who is in charge of the approval map system, I would already remove all the approved map and reapprove again.
I love the features which user can send or recommend the maps to approved, but as my opinion, we should test the map and use "youtube walkthrough" well.
Maybe staff could make some time to play the map w/ recording, so players who want to watch the walkthrough would at least know tips and tricks in these maps so they can learn from it.
Orwise some players would just find some exploits to "farm" some kills. (personally I even found few approved maps has massive camp spot to "farm" kills.)

Thus, don't approve mono-wep map pls.
I am srly begging for that thing because it would make the player pp useless.
think about this event: a player who is pro at sniper and get 2.5 pp but a player who is pro at everything only gets 1.3 pp.
who seems stronger? of course you would choose the guy who is pro at any wep.
but the sniper one making more kills using sniper only, so it may not fully shown how good does a player in any maps.

3. PPP system.
Guess why ppp system doesn't even get welcomed by warmth?
the answer is simple -- servers and pings.
Europe and America server already forced Asian players to get away from getting ppp as they will lagged out in 0.5 sec.
to introduce the ppp system, at least make the server look alike CS-go or rainbow siege version pls...
or even better: asian server in China?
furthermore, I would lovely introduce the ppp system for each corresponding weapons.
take an example: we can prove how this player is well played with, like if this player uses the AKM good, or sniper good, or even rockets...
each weapon considered a specific kdr or ppp.
then we would calculate the overall ppp based on each-weapon-usage kdr.
it is a little bit complex, so I won't post the formula here to hurt your brains :3 If you still interested I can make the formula as simply as possibur.


4. Official events.
Yes, where's our beloved monthly map making contest? or even fanarts competition to get a chance to add into PB2 game?
we can hire some organizators to organize these series as official events, so everyone would get attracted to join, and pls follow the 1c. guide XD


5. SP series/maps.
nowadays i felt that the SP series won't get attendted by the community. Eventually we should have a system or even a competition like speedrunning the series, showcases, walkthroughs and etc.
Makes legend and epic SP series as seperate games. It will encourage the true arties focus on the SP maps.


6. variables in map developing.
Still, vars things still needed to get improved.
I tried almost a year to try to get over them, but still I can't understand how they works.
I think the var series should have a special tools to set the things up, for me I guess.
maybe act as a new tool? a new logic gate icon?
trigger UI improvements I guess?


7. server map filtering system.
Still, I don't think the current game filter system is good enough.
I think we should add some game speed, join at mid, no regen etc... I think they are essential.
If I had some time I would have arrange a full list for the game filther system, and specify the map mode by map developers :)


8. Map page.
Yeah. As far as I know, map page requires a huge remake.
Maybe make the map page edible for map developers to insert own format to describe the map well, and adding pictures in it.
and the map preview still being an headache thingy to me.
"map with current specification can't have preview?" wtf is this...
and a subscribe button to let user check the map updates? It may work too w/ alert.


9. Social supports.
as far as I know, we have twitter which is still active and FB page which is halfly dying.
and as far as I researched, I got that most foreigners won't use FB anymore and twitter still unknown for me.
I think we can interprete the PB2 into player.me, mastodon or so on?
just cuz I know a lot of people there, and they will always reply me lol.
and both server grants the authorization protection, so no worries :)


10. Clans.
In my opinion, PL is the best way to start with clan.
since you are participating with groups, how about letting the clan members to join the match to make like official clan war?
actually we don't even needed clan system, as PL would help us sort out everything.


11. Conclusion, tldr users:
make PL and server better, use clan system inside the PL to make official clan war, clearer rules during an event, more event besides PvP.


7037 words. yay :)
Thinking about signature in this kind of striction is hard.
User avatar
yi en
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 214
Joined: 20 August 2013, 09:10

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Elitech » 7 January 2019, 13:52

What yi en said is 99% correct.

My opinion on Plazma League team systems is... god look at them, they're awful. Sparken seriously needs to work on the idea of Plazma League player recruitment and how it's team management and recruiting will work.
I was part of a PL team and actually made it into top 10 once (probably) but then I quit because I saw how broken and rotted the idea was.

Only the most ghetto rails/snipes players were accepted into the official teams (hats off to the exceptions) and if you didn't swear in every other message, you were ''trash''.

Here is what I am trying to say - Try reworking the Team Management program on PL.
I like the season start idea with the whole elimination type branches and all that.

Anyway, off of that topic, an in-game clan system would be VERY useful (Eric said that comes with PB3)
Such a system would probably save the game from dying, implying it already isn't dead.

Rework the PP system. ENTIRELY. Such an idea has been flawed and will be flawed for ages to come.
Try something similar to CSGO's system.

Edit reserved, I'll write more.
aye whats up mate
User avatar
Elitech
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 26 July 2016, 17:57

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Jusiah » 7 January 2019, 16:55

1. The new update skins and guns back in February 2018 that didn't win, please add them all.
2. For all deathmatch skins that don't have the TDM skins (Red/Blue), please allow all the skins to have the TDM skins
3. Make a new PB event or bring back PL
4. Recruit new people to become PB2 Moderators
5. Decrease bullying & Toxic Behaviors

That will be all. Happy New Year! :D




-MegaWulf

Jusiah
Recruit
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 July 2014, 17:33
Location: USA New York City

FALKOK ACTION: A Treatise on Plazma Burst 2

Postby phsc » 7 January 2019, 17:10

not sure how many people will understand the title
1. MAP APPROVAL SYSTEM
Rework it into something that is more about what the community thinks and not something as elitist and it is right now, if staff likes a map great, if the people on the forums likes a map, good, if a bunch of random noobs like a map but the dude who made it can't post it on the forums because maybe he doesn't even know about it or something? meh

My idea is pretty simple, we have the the current "Recommend for Ranked mode" button, the idea is that that one would be renamed to "Recommend for Approval" and then add another button called "Recommend for Unapproval"
Staff's only job would be to look at these maps and look for big quality flaws, not following our current map approval rules, mostly the ones such as having unfair advantages.

What happens is that now for a map to be approved, there's a few things:
1 - It needs to have more than 4 stars in it's total rating.
2 - Let's say, add a method based on numbers for how we should verify if a map should or should not be approved.
Really popular maps, such as stryde-sniper, have 4611 rates, if we do something like 'if 10% of the people who rated the map want it approved, it shall be' is terrible because if a map has 20 rates, 2 people can decide it's faith, while in stryde sniper's case its deliciously exquisite pizza sauce 461 people, so, my first idea was that it could be based on how many people rated the map in the last 6 months, with a value of, let's say, 20%, but then it doesn't affect already approved maps AND if a map has that much people wanting it unnaproved, it shall be, same for having a rating lower than 4 stars (1 star is 20%!).
And for approval of new maps, I kinda came up with a formula that I wanted it to work for something as big as stryde-sniper and then use it for everything but I didn't get any real great ideas.

((rates*5)/average stars)-rates
EXAMPLES:
obs: I will round the average rating based on sight because I won't go make the average of all the 4611 rates stryde-sniper has
stryde-sniper : 4611 rates -> ((4611*5)/4.15)-4611 = 944, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average, would need 944 approval requests for it to be approved!
phsc-sniper2 : 61 rates -> ((61*5)/4.6)-61 = 5, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average, would need 5 approval requests for it to be approved!
ijer-sector : 567 -> ((567*5)/4.05)-567 = 133, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average would need 133 approval requests for it to be approved!
mlg cool dominik-sniper : 10 -> ((10*5)/3.15)-10 = 6, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average would need 6 approval requests for it to be approved!
(everything is being rounded, and x.5 is rounded to x, not x+1)

So you see there's a problem there, yeah, it's pretty ridiculous, here's my idea: if a map has less than 50 rates, we should double it as the first rate amount, keep in mind all values I'm using here can change.
Maybe something if a map has more than 500 rates, maybe use 5/6 of the total rate amount, etc...
This would need way more tweaking and maybe another specific formula, but you get the idea.

mlg cool dominik-sniper
mlg cool dominik-sniper : 10 -> ((20*5)/3.15)-10 = 22, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average would need 22 approval requests for it to be approved!
stryde-sniper : 4611 rates -> ((3458*5)/4.15)-4611 = 18, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average, would need 18 approval requests for it to be approved!
(3568 = (4611*5)/6)
ijer-sector : 567 -> ((567*5)/4.05)-567 = 15, the map, considering it's current rate amount and average would need 15 approval requests for it to be approved!

So it's pretty impossible for mlg cool dominik-sniper to be approved using this.
But these old maps, if they are unnaproved, they won't be approved again, it's pretty obvious, when they were new they didn't have that many ratings, my sniper map

And this will make so maps that are actually played in multiplayer, such as marksman emulation by mrnat, would be easily approved!

For unnaproval, if 20% of the people who rated a map in, I will give it 6 months, could reset every time the map is updated in the level editor too, and need at least 10 people, then the map would appear in a list which every player can see, and staff should look at it, verify the map, and then make a post on the forums and then players can critize the map and even tell the map maker about changes that could make it better, if the map keeps a >20% value for a long period of time, staff should unnaprove it.

Every time a map is going to be approved by staff, a forum post should also be made, where players point out it's flaws and argue about what should be done, and that post should also be linked in the maps page.


This system is completely open to suggestions and if you think it's terrible, tell me why exactly, I can either fix it, make a new one or just give up I guess, but that's how things should work.
(but in a general way it's just to give off the idea of the system not the full working system)

2. COMPETITIVE SIDE OF PB2
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=22414

Anyway, people are talking about how the "best" PB2 players are toxic, I can use jungian analytical psychology and kinda explains that... oh nvm it's pseudoscience so that invalidates everything about it because when you find patterns in human behaviour and HOLY CRAP IF YOU APPLY THEM RIGHT YOU CAN KINDA UNDERSTAND OTHER PEOPLE it's really pseudoscience because I am clearly biased and I didn't test all the cognitive functions in all possible slots in multiple people and it actually fits and you can use that to make your social interactions better with different people!

So, the "best" people at sports, and that includes esports and PB2, are people who have the cognitive function Se, in a general way, mostly when they also have Ni together, that makes in theory the best type for any competitive thing ESTP, ISTP, ENTJ, INTJ, ISFP, ESFP and also probably INFJ and ESTJ in specific cases, when it's purely mechanically oriented ESTP and ISTP take the prize most of the time.
So, I've met quite a ton of people in my time in PB2, and I was in clans like BoZ which had "PB2 legends" or something, and it's pretty obvious the amount of ESTPs and ISTPs who are "legends" is pretty high, ISTPs are kinda fine most of the time even tho if they're mentally unhealthy for multiple reasons they can be even worse but ESTPs tend to be overly cocky and I won't really go that deep and explain how the subconscious affects the ego and etc...
but anyway, since PB2 is a game mostly for young people, young ESTPs are overly cocky, even older ESTPs, and there's not much we can do about that, I mean if we make rules they in theory just want to break them or something.
So I think people should understand a pretty simple thing, it's not the message that has power, it's the response.
It's pretty simple, a extroverted function needs the response of a introverted function for it to work, if a Se user doesn't have a Si user it doesn't work, that's why ignoring bullies is the best method to make them stop, they don't get what they want using their Ni that moves their Se, even tho there's some people who are overly affected by that shit and etc and we can't do much but these "toxic players" really make some people butthurt and we can do nothing about it because in theory if we go into the part where I think it's actual pseudoscience its like they want these people to go from being sigma males to alpha males or something like that... and that is the part I disagree with like post-jungian people but ok.

Anyway, my take on the top rankings is that we create a top 100 for almost everything, top 100 most rated maps, top 100 most played maps, top 100 players with most kills, top 100 players who had most kills at a point(because of that 60 day thing), top 100 players with most PP, etc...

About PL I never played it so I guess I'll let people decide about it

3. JASON EDEN/LOSTMYDOLLAR

Jason Eden wrote:Reset the whole approved maps list. Start anew. Approve high quality maps only (ex. Reject's, Terabrion's, X Mechanic's). No more stryde-sniper kind of maps should ever appear in this list. Players should get used to maps that can actually be called "art", so they would finally learn the difference between good and bad, and maybe get inspired to get into map making that was and is the core part of this game (and also competitive part).

Yes, because what you consider a high quality map HAS TO BE WHAT EVERYONE CONSIDERS A QUALITY MAP, because clearly it isn't subjective! you can use arguments and try to change peoples views but well, some people just don't care, like you with EVERY SINGLE THING YOU SAY, when someone says you're wrong you ignore them, you're alienated and biased as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce.
Jungian psychology explains this as lostmydollar being a ISTJ who has high Si so he thinks what he thinks is great is greater than what everyone else thinks is great, and he thinks hes the smartest human on earth because heh as Ti critic that when it doesn't get rekted a lot people start getting overly cocky about it even tho they're actually stupid and I say that as a Ti critic user myself!
buT iTs PsEUdoSciEncE!11!! lIKe AsTrOLogY!!1!11

To this day I'm waiting for a valid argument why stryde-sniper is bad, it's like saying gay people should die because I want them to die because I don't like them and I think what I like is right and what you like is wrong because I am a unhealthy and unmature Si hero!
or you're just trolling, I expect the second option, please...

Jason Eden wrote:I remember times when players were thinking Reject is a god. And what do we have now? I enter a stryde-sniper match to ask why do they play this trash 24/7? Do you know what did they tell me? They told me "shut up, this map is perfect and historical". Perfect... Historical... I really want to swear right now to express my feelings, but I promised myself that I will stop using filthy language. These people are wrong. They are blind.

Did you ever consider that you are the one blind? probably not.
And who cares if people think Reject was a god or something? it doesn't matter, that's Ethos and won't lie, the only thing that matters is Logos, OH WAIT, you're a Te user! and Te is like... Ethos! and... Ti is Logos! and well... great!
*even tho Te has a few other factors to it but meh*
Jason Eden wrote:Community degraded a lot, and you staffs are the ones to blame for causing this. You legalized low quality maps and now they are everywhere.

And that is also subjective, stryde-sniper is a masterwork of PB2, it is effective, that's what matters, it probably is the map with the biggest skill fun/skill factor to it, it's easy to have fun on it and it's quite easy to get skilled at it, and what is the problem? you keep blaming staff yet I'm sure if you unnaproved stryde-sniper the game will just die quickier, this is literally you imposing your will, your right and your wrong, your good and your bad, and well, that's what all authoritarian governments did, WE NEED TO KILL JEWS BECAUSE I WANT TO KILL THEM! WE NEED TO KILL GAY PEOPLE BECAUSE I WANT TO KILL THEM! it's the same logic, which sucks.

Jason Eden wrote:Level developers don't see a reason to improve their skills in map making because the level of quality that must be achieved to get into the approved club is set at the bottom of the Marianas Trench. You just take a source of egrw1, add 3 extra walls in the middle, change background to basic and boom, you get it all, 4600+ votes, 3rd place in Best Custom Level Developers, being called a guy who makes "historical" maps. Cool, right? Cool? THIS IS WHY true artists either leave this game or stop devoting their time to making maps.

Well, this is probably the least wrong stuff you said.
Anyway, ever heard of Bach? you probably did, he was pretty much one of the best composers to ever live in my opinion, and guess what, he literally did what Buxtehude did, literally the same, his early works are almost copies, he just improved what was already made and then post that he realized "deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, I'm good at this, but the skillcap is too small" so he literally went in and changed our tuning system to allow for more keys for us to compose in.
In theory isn't that what stryde-sniper does with egrw1? and what is the problem, it's not about how hard one works, it's about how effective it is, if you add 3 extra walls in the middle, change the background AND IT WORKS, that's way more effective, it's not better or worse because it's subjective, but it's more effective, less work more results, and what is the problem with that?
But level developers in this game don't see many reasons to make anything at all, mostly considering the ones who have Te as cognitive functios because we care about how people view or maps, you do it's pretty obvious, I do, I mean, we deleted our maps, I deleted my crypt map and you deleted your crappy realwar map, interesting right?
Anyway, you don't even have an argument, you just keep saying "My good is better than your good!"

4. OTHER THINGS

I think that staff shouldn't be allowed to lock posts because of a discussion getting "toxic" or offensive, in my opinion that is literally killing the little bit of free will we have in PB2.
Also, I think there should be a block feature on the forums too.
And I also think there should be a block feature ingame and that shows if a player is ingame, and a mute button too.

5. EDITS POST TALKING WITH DITZY

Pretty simple, for someone to rate a map, you need to play the map on singleplayer if it is made for singleplayer, and multiplayer with at least more than one person, this would make people who hate on maps and bandwagon hard.
Also most of the points I mentioned on my stryde-sniper unnaproval post, mostly about who should be able to rate a map.
viewtopic.php?f=169&t=20436&start=40
Last edited by phsc on 8 January 2019, 00:06, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
phsc
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: tfw the libertarian movement of your country uses collectivist arguments

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Mr Alexandru » 7 January 2019, 21:06

I have here some lil ideas:

1. Add a ranking system for clans
2. Maybe add a skin editor for the game ?
3. Maybe more game modes like :King of the Hill , CTF or Infection ?


That's all I have. :D
User avatar
Mr Alexandru
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 3 February 2018, 12:42

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby jdc55 » 7 January 2019, 21:20

yi Is correct. A Class system is the best way to go in terms of competitive. Competitive is suppose to be as balanced as possible, without any in-game environmental, weaponry advantages. I remember making a poll in PWL asking if players would like a class system, and majority voted no. And that's the problem, people don't want change. They want to stick to their Rails, Snipers only game mode they know and love. They don't see and understand how competitive is suppose to be. And it doesn't help that so many pro players have egos and believe whatever they want or majority vote is the best decision. If PB2 competitive is going to peak, we need Class mode. This will show off individual skill at its finest. It will show who is truly good at the game and not just one or 2 Game modes. I don't know how Class setups are going to be implemented into the game without Eric's help, but if there's a way, then that's the route we need to take.
User avatar
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 26 March 2015, 02:11

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby solahfaa » 7 January 2019, 22:17

i agree with JDC, it should be a competitive game anymore.
I want pb2.5 or 3 (i don't know what it will be called) to be a game without lag and good running servers. I also want the community to grow like how it used to be when it came out so that there are more ppl to play with.

solahfaa
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 June 2018, 12:34

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Hikarikaze » 8 January 2019, 00:42

Well, time for my 2 cents, I guess

1.) Ranking system

There needs to be an actual ranking system, with proper ranks that actually mean something. A good starting point would be to divide players with PP into tiers. More PP would equate to being in a higher tier/rank. With how matches are currently formed, it's difficult to properly rank players, even if ranks were implemented because there's no way to separate ranks from each other and create more balanced matches among said ranks, therefore in the current way matches are created and maintained, PP gains and losses would have to be adjusted to accommodate for ranks as well. A higher ranked player shouldn't kill a much lower ranked opponent and gain a similar amount as killing an evenly ranked player. Gains should be minimal for major imbalances for the higher ranked player; gains should be larger if the lower ranked player manages to kill the higher ranked player, lessening over time if that player begins to approach the same rank. It'd function similar to an ELO system that most games tend to use, though these systems aren't perfect themselves either.

If there does happen to be an overhaul to matchmaking and ranked doesn't end up following the same "create a match and jump in" process, then placing similar ranked players would be the best way to go for a properly ranked mode, assuming population happens to be high enough. Low population will tend to naturally create imbalanced teams with players of varying skill ranks because then the priority for this type of matchmaking will be to create a match and fill it with any players it can find if it cannot find players with similar skill ratings to fill in spots first. Destiny 2 is a good example of that instance happening.

And then we need to have more servers for sure, so players in other regions like Asia can enter the competitive scene and also be able to take a shot at attempting to climb up the ranks. Right now, they're sidelined because of the current ping limit and can't attempt ranked matches often as much as someone closer to California might be able to. Location shouldn't give an advantage when it comes to being able to even access a ranked mode in the first place.

yi en wrote:at least make the server look alike CS-go or rainbow siege version pls...

We actually do have servers that work similarly to R6S. We just don't have enough servers.

Destruction in R6S is client-sided; doors and what-not in PB2 are client-sided. Kills and such on both games are recorded down on servers. I'd prefer if the game ideally went full server-sided so synchronization isn't such a problem. It plagues R6S as well too, arguably worse because things like rotation end up being difficult to do with client-sided synchronization in place in any capacity.

2.) Map selection

jdc55 wrote:I also don't think it's balanced for a League to randomly pick out maps when it comes to a Match.. In PWL we did Best of 5 to 8. All 5 games consisted of all Competitive game modes. So every single match every player that Specializes in a specific mode get's a better chance to play instead of having to wait until Next week or potentially the week after next week. This doesn't make it favored toward a specific team who just happens to have players who specialize in a random picked out game mode.This affects seeds. No one should be getting first or second seed out of luck, but how they performed in all Core 5 Game modes..

Random map selection is fair. It forces players to step out of their comfort zone and learn areas of the game that they haven't specialized or mastered. If a team that specialized in rails loses in an arena map, whoever comprised that team in the first place is mostly to blame for focusing on that type of team composition.

The only place a specialized team should exist in is in a specialized competition. You can't have a league where maps focus on an array of different skills and strategies and also have teams that only specialize in certain skills rather than being well-rounded. Such a combination can't go smoothly. It's like having a team of all supports or DPS characters in a game like Overwatch. You could technically have that team composition but it'll stand out heavily as incompatible with the areas outside that team's area of expertise. Could such a team have a chance of winning? Sure, they might, but a proper team owner would focus on maximizing his/her team's chances of winning by creating a proper team composition appropriate for the league's map set or rule set.

Jason Eden wrote:I remember times when players were thinking Reject is a god. And what do we have now? I enter a stryde-sniper match to ask why do they play this trash 24/7? Do you know what did they tell me? They told me "shut up, this map is perfect and historical". Perfect... Historical... I really want to swear right now to express my feelings, but I promised myself that I will stop using filthy language. These people are wrong. They are blind. Community degraded a lot, and you staffs are the ones to blame for causing this. You legalized low quality maps and now they are everywhere. Level developers don't see a reason to improve their skills in map making because the level of quality that must be achieved to get into the approved club is set at the bottom of the Marianas Trench. You just take a source of egrw1, add 3 extra walls in the middle, change background to basic and boom, you get it all, 4600+ votes, 3rd place in Best Custom Level Developers, being called a guy who makes "historical" maps. Cool, right? Cool? THIS IS WHY true artists either leave this game or stop devoting their time to making maps.

There could always be a randomly selected approved map that's featured every week or something to gain more attention to it. Just have a special open match on the top of the match selection screen that stays open for an entire week so players can jump in if they want. A competition like PL could also help by selecting those under-represented maps as well in their map pool. Players might actually learn more maps and become more skilled at the game this way, and it also adds variety as well. It's more interesting to see a league pick wildly different maps to really test the skills of the players competing than see a league have predictable picks like stryde-sniper or EGRW, maps that almost everyone is familiar with and knows like the back of their hand.

On the idea of resetting the actual approved maps list, I think we probably do need to start over or at least do a major cleanup to the list. Standards change over time, and a majority of approved maps follow outdated standards. In this case, it's mostly because of the level editor being much more capable of more advanced things now than compared to 2011, so more advanced and unique maps are pretty much normal and standard while 2011-2013 era maps look simple, plain, and bad in comparison.

A major caveat with resetting approved maps is that we're also messing with the things that keep multiplayer somewhat afloat. Personally I'd like if players gave more maps a chance too, but messing with approved maps has a consequence to it as well. It might not be possible to reverse those consequences either; if stryde-sniper gets disapproved, a new map can't just easily take its place and people won't just accept a substitute that easily or quickly. That would have to take time and unfortunately, the game is already so late in its lifetime that this arguably isn't possible anymore.

Going forward, the map approval requirements definitely need an overhaul. They're too flexible and open to interpretation. The same requirements that got maps approved can easily be used to warrant their disapproval as well. The forum saw this happen with EGRW and stryde-sniper especially.

yi en wrote:so, how do the team define a "map" that is used for a "competition?"
specific guns/slots only? realwar? arena?
we can't really sure.Plazma burst 2 unlikely Rainbow siege, which only have some maps to choose from, and they can pratice on these maps.

Selecting which maps to use would depend on what the competition is about. A snipers competition would choose snipers maps exclusively while a regular competition with all-around maps would choose at least one of every kind of map (snipers, rails, arena, etc.) and have a similar amount of each type.

R6S is a weird example to use. Not all of its maps are considered valid for ranked play there. Every map here on the approved maps list technically is considered valid; approved maps are approved to compete in ranked/unranked matches after all. The difference between R6S and PB2 is that you can practice on any approved map in PB2 because any approved map is technically valid for ranked/unranked play and can be played in those modes. You can practice in any map in R6S, but some maps aren't allowed in ranked and thus can't be played on, unlike PB2. If I misunderstood what you wrote in your post, I apologize in advance. I just wrote my opinion down based off what I could understand from it.

---

This is all I wanted to write on, but I'll likely add more if I have anything else to add later. This post is already getting long as is.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby WebbyGiants » 8 January 2019, 15:56

You must add a few official PB events and ranking system for clans. Also include a skin editor along with additional game modes.

WebbyGiants
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 8 January 2019, 15:24
Location: United States

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby obinator3000 » 9 January 2019, 09:37

My only main thing now a days is the smoothness of the game.. i play on a chromebook which i understand isnt the best for games but i used to run pb2 just fine on it but recently the game seems unplayable. I play on High physics and 60 FPS but it feels like 20 FPS. Fixing this would improve the game greatly. Also as many have suggested above the need to revive the competitive side of pb2.. PCL should be brought back with maybe more management then there was before? But i dont think any additions to the game will help the growth of pb2 unless the lag and rigid feel of gameplay is fixed

obinator3000
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 9 September 2017, 03:37

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Jason Eden » 9 January 2019, 18:07

Hikarikaze wrote:A major caveat with resetting approved maps is that we're also messing with the things that keep multiplayer somewhat afloat. Personally I'd like if players gave more maps a chance too, but messing with approved maps has a consequence to it as well. It might not be possible to reverse those consequences either; if stryde-sniper gets disapproved, a new map can't just easily take its place and people won't just accept a substitute that easily or quickly. That would have to take time and unfortunately, the game is already so late in its lifetime that this arguably isn't possible anymore.

You're right. This is not the best time to disapprove popular maps, even if they are really bad. I will be trying to get rid of them later, in PB3. People are blind, but taking away their favorite toys won't cure them. At least we should not take the risk right now especially when average amount of players online on california server is around 100.
User avatar
Jason Eden
Recruit
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 8 December 2018, 14:30

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby jdc55 » 10 January 2019, 20:12

Hikarikaze wrote:
jdc55 wrote:I also don't think it's balanced for a League to randomly pick out maps when it comes to a Match.. In PWL we did Best of 5 to 8. All 5 games consisted of all Competitive game modes. So every single match every player that Specializes in a specific mode get's a better chance to play instead of having to wait until Next week or potentially the week after next week. This doesn't make it favored toward a specific team who just happens to have players who specialize in a random picked out game mode.This affects seeds. No one should be getting first or second seed out of luck, but how they performed in all Core 5 Game modes..

Random map selection is fair. It forces players to step out of their comfort zone and learn areas of the game that they haven't specialized or mastered. If a team that specialized in rails loses in an arena map, whoever comprised that team in the first place is mostly to blame for focusing on that type of team composition.

The only place a specialized team should exist in is in a specialized competition. You can't have a league where maps focus on an array of different skills and strategies and also have teams that only specialize in certain skills rather than being well-rounded. Such a combination can't go smoothly. It's like having a team of all supports or DPS characters in a game like Overwatch. You could technically have that team composition but it'll stand out heavily as incompatible with the areas outside that team's area of expertise. Could such a team have a chance of winning? Sure, they might, but a proper team owner would focus on maximizing his/her team's chances of winning by creating a proper team composition appropriate for the league's map set or rule set.


My idea for map selection is as fair as it gets.

EXAMPLE


MATCH
Best of 5

Game 1: Snipers

Game 2: Arena

Game 3: Rails

Game 4: Warfare

Game 5: Rays


Every game has a specific game type with multiple maps within them. This makes every single match balanced all around the Core 5 map types Competitive players play. This gives a chance for everyone on the team to show their skills in every match and not have to miss out on it because random map types were chosen. This format helps those who are actually good or consistent at all or most map types to have great seeds and not just on a random lucky map draw. It also causes for wide map variety in the league. So teams will be stepping out their comfort zones. Every Game type will have atleast 3 or 4 maps proving the variety of maps this format will have.

This format worked with late PWL. We had a succesful 2k Tournament with 8 Teams partcipating in the qualifier and 4 making it to the final draw. Same with xGames. 8 participated to qualify, 4 made it. And this was with a dying community and with PCL and PL with most of the Competitive players. And 5 Games may seem long. But not when game point is at a low number, or specifically 8 rounds. This is as fair and balanced as it gets. Competitive seedings should be off of most of the game itself. Not part of it. So assigning specific random maps each and every match is way too inconcistent for players. And again, it also makes it to where certain players each and every time have to wait for an oppertunity to play. All players on a team should have the oppertunity to play in each and every match.
User avatar
jdc55
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 66
Joined: 26 March 2015, 02:11

Re: Plazma Burst 2 and 3

Postby Hikarikaze » 10 January 2019, 22:37

jdc55 wrote:My idea for map selection is as fair as it gets.

And what dictates the order of this map selection? A sniper-oriented team would be at an advantage if games 1 and 2 happened to be snipers and rails maps for example, and vice versa if a different map type was selected. You can try to create the most fair map selection process in the world, but it's a fact that true randomization tends to be the most fair method.

jdc55 wrote:This gives a chance for everyone on the team to show their skills in every match and not have to miss out on it because random map types were chosen. This format helps those who are actually good or consistent at all or most map types to have great seeds and not just on a random lucky map draw. It also causes for wide map variety in the league. So teams will be stepping out their comfort zones. Every Game type will have atleast 3 or 4 maps proving the variety of maps this format will have.

Randomization prevents the selection of predictable and popular map picks. This already makes teams step out of their comfort zones and already ensures a wider map variety without any bias in the map selection process.

Proper leagues also follow some sort of randomization in their map selection instead of fully selecting maps manually. OWL randomly draws maps for competitors to play on and those players practice in advance. The only exception I can think of to this is R6S because game modes in R6S aren't as night and day compared to Overwatch or PB2, and some maps aren't considered suitable enough for competitive play, unlike in PB2 where every approved map by technicality is considered suitable enough for ranked/competitive play. Instead, a game like R6S only follows a certain map pool to utilize for their tournaments.

jdc55 wrote:So assigning specific random maps each and every match is way too inconcistent for players. And again, it also makes it to where certain players each and every time have to wait for an oppertunity to play. All players on a team should have the oppertunity to play in each and every match.

How is it inconsistent? If maps are randomly selected and players are given a window of time to practice on those maps, then that'll mean that players did have an opportunity to play on those maps and at least learn them, giving them more of a chance to compete properly.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Lite Marine [800]
 
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Next

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users