remove my guns

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 1 November 2018, 15:44

i'd pm Eric directly but he doesn't always read/respond, so i'll just leave this here.

i'd like my guns (qccv, av, needle, rpg, rmk) to not be included in pb2.5 because they don't look good and because some of them aren't futuristic at all. thanks
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: remove my guns

Postby phsc » 1 November 2018, 16:51

considering ur opinion is prob the most valid considering youre the artist that made them but i dont think youre right

they do look good, they really fit pb2s style and even tho they arent futuristic, why do they have to be?

yeah youve prob heard the argument that the cs guns are based on real life ones and etc, but it is a valid argument
they have a unique style that could even become a faction in pb2.5 that could have futuristic weapons for other slots or maybe not who cares maybe theyre like a terrorist group using outdated weapons, i have no idea about most of the pb2 lore as like, almost nothig is said ingame, but i know that your guns are good
If I decide to be an idiot, then Ill be an idiot on my own accord - Johann Sebastian Bach
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 349
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: the next fascist government!

Re: remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 1 November 2018, 17:44

phsc wrote:considering ur opinion is prob the most valid considering youre the artist that made them but i dont think youre right

they do look good, they really fit pb2s style and even tho they arent futuristic, why do they have to be?

yeah youve prob heard the argument that the cs guns are based on real life ones and etc, but it is a valid argument
they have a unique style that could even become a faction in pb2.5 that could have futuristic weapons for other slots or maybe not who cares maybe theyre like a terrorist group using outdated weapons, i have no idea about most of the pb2 lore as like, almost nothig is said ingame, but i know that your guns are good

thanks for kind words, but i won't change my mind no matter what you or anyone else would say. as a perfectionist i don't want imperfect things to exist. and these guns are clearly not perfect, so they should disappear.

av, rpg and rmk have dim colors, bad proportions. they simply look bad in the game. i don't expect you to understand and i cannot explain it properly, sorry. i believe technology of 20th century (av/ak, rpg, needle/vintorez) don't belong to the world of future with energy weapons, giant robots and other high-tech things. i remember Doom said something about qccv being a gun with two stocks and now i understand it and just can't unsee that. rmk is something really weird and even i cannot understand how would it work irl. it's not ergonomic and it doesn't look any similar to bng in order to be allowed to shoot smaller versions of its projectile.

i pm-ed Eric just to make sure he will not add them to pb3. however im not really sure who owns the copyrights - me or him. if he decides to keep the guns its okay. they just need a redesign
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: remove my guns

Postby phsc » 1 November 2018, 18:10

well, theres a few things i dont like about your guns and yeah they arent perfect
the lmg and the av are really large, they dont really fit the pb2s character sizes that well, mostly on lenght

the qccv also has a few things i dont like such as that small bar that goes into what is supposed to be the magazine? but i have no problem with two stocks in guns? i mean realism isnt a thing in pb2 so in theory any argument like this shouldnt be considered, just look at the raygun

i do like the needle tho, and i think the concept of old ussr weapons adapted to fit a futuristic game are really good, i might try to make what owuld be a futuristic ussrish weapon later, my biggest problem with it is how some of the parts of the gun have lines that go over others, i dont like that general concept

the rpg is very cool but what i dont like about it is the colours, i think the concept is great and its the kind of gun that is going to be used forever, just a gun that fires a rocket, simple as that, even tho it isnt really futuristic in pb2 other than maybe the body part

the rmk is a really good concept, but how it ends up in the game isnt, its quite long but its not the biggest problem, i think that the fact it shoots bng bullets and kinda sucks in pb2 combat, it should be reworked into something like this
http://prntscr.com/ld7m4n keep in mind i made this edit in like 3 minutes and it sucks
and then be like a shotgun/slow firing rifle or maybe even a slot 4 or 9 as it would be a slow reloading high dmg gun


i think you shouldnt remove them, just edit them at least
If I decide to be an idiot, then Ill be an idiot on my own accord - Johann Sebastian Bach
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 349
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: the next fascist government!

Re: remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 1 November 2018, 18:19

phsc wrote:well, theres a few things i dont like about your guns and yeah they arent perfect
the lmg and the av are really large, they dont really fit the pb2s character sizes that well, mostly on lenght

the qccv also has a few things i dont like such as that small bar that goes into what is supposed to be the magazine? but i have no problem with two stocks in guns? i mean realism isnt a thing in pb2 so in theory any argument like this shouldnt be considered, just look at the raygun

i do like the needle tho, and i think the concept of old ussr weapons adapted to fit a futuristic game are really good, i might try to make what owuld be a futuristic ussrish weapon later, my biggest problem with it is how some of the parts of the gun have lines that go over others, i dont like that general concept

the rpg is very cool but what i dont like about it is the colours, i think the concept is great and its the kind of gun that is going to be used forever, just a gun that fires a rocket, simple as that, even tho it isnt really futuristic in pb2 other than maybe the body part

the rmk is a really good concept, but how it ends up in the game isnt, its quite long but its not the biggest problem, i think that the fact it shoots bng bullets and kinda sucks in pb2 combat, it should be reworked into something like this
http://prntscr.com/ld7m4n keep in mind i made this edit in like 3 minutes and it sucks
and then be like a shotgun/slow firing rifle or maybe even a slot 4 or 9 as it would be a slow reloading high dmg gun


i think you shouldnt remove them, just edit them at least

hey see, you can explain it even better than me! editing is something i don't have time for rn. if you look at any of my guns they look like they have been drawned in 5 minutes each. but in fact i spend like a whole day to draw one. yea, i do things really slow.
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: remove my guns

Postby phsc » 1 November 2018, 18:32

lostmydollar wrote:
phsc wrote:well, theres a few things i dont like about your guns and yeah they arent perfect
the lmg and the av are really large, they dont really fit the pb2s character sizes that well, mostly on lenght

the qccv also has a few things i dont like such as that small bar that goes into what is supposed to be the magazine? but i have no problem with two stocks in guns? i mean realism isnt a thing in pb2 so in theory any argument like this shouldnt be considered, just look at the raygun

i do like the needle tho, and i think the concept of old ussr weapons adapted to fit a futuristic game are really good, i might try to make what owuld be a futuristic ussrish weapon later, my biggest problem with it is how some of the parts of the gun have lines that go over others, i dont like that general concept

the rpg is very cool but what i dont like about it is the colours, i think the concept is great and its the kind of gun that is going to be used forever, just a gun that fires a rocket, simple as that, even tho it isnt really futuristic in pb2 other than maybe the body part

the rmk is a really good concept, but how it ends up in the game isnt, its quite long but its not the biggest problem, i think that the fact it shoots bng bullets and kinda sucks in pb2 combat, it should be reworked into something like this
http://prntscr.com/ld7m4n keep in mind i made this edit in like 3 minutes and it sucks
and then be like a shotgun/slow firing rifle or maybe even a slot 4 or 9 as it would be a slow reloading high dmg gun


i think you shouldnt remove them, just edit them at least

hey see, you can explain it even better than me! editing is something i don't have time for rn. if you look at any of my guns they look like they have been drawned in 5 minutes each. but in fact i spend like a whole day to draw one. yea, i do things really slow.

i also forgot to mention that, but your guns might not be perfect, but compared to most pb2 guns they are great
but what if, theyre perfect for what a kid wants in a game, isnt that pb2s public? shoudlnt them be more important?

your guns are really good compared to what people like lazyrain made, this is only my opinion and if he wants feedback i can give it to him, and i do think they fit in, theyre not as good as the original pb2 guns which were the foundations of id say all the fanart taht got into the game, but theyre some of the closest we get to it
so what about until u make something better, u let the best uve made yet stay there?
they will just make it more impressive that you made something that youd consider perfect as a pb2 weapon

i like to think of this with music:
we have beethovens symphonies, theres the 1st which is kinda meh, the 2nd, better but still me, the 3rd that revolutionized and probably was the first romantic piece, then we have the 4th that is also ok mostly cuz of how great the 3rd is, and then we have the 5th, that is also really amazing with many new concepts, then we have the 6th that is also really really great too, the 7th that is also amazing, the 8th that is good but not as good as the 3rd 5th and 6h and 7th, and of course, then we have the 9th which i dont even need to explain

you see, he still has things not as good, but it just makes you think of how amazign and limited these near perfection things are

also theres another thing, considering you have a thing nto as good into the game will make so you want to make something better as u dont want them in

not sure if u got it right


and then theres the argument of: what about the people that have the platonic beauty concept of perfect gun really close to what youve made? i think its kinda selfish of you wanting to make your platonic conception of perfect while theres not really a perfect perfection concept

theres flaws, for some people, these are features

not sure if u got it right

and theres also another factor, pb2.5 is still going to be like pb2 with many aspects such as it will prob be mostly based on multiplayer and custom maps, and i think your guns are really good for filling in a better role at lets say realistic war maps that are a kinda common thing in pb2 and are fun in a general way even tho they dont fit the main lore of the game, or the lmg being great for those dday maps, and etc

so yeah i think thats all
If I decide to be an idiot, then Ill be an idiot on my own accord - Johann Sebastian Bach
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 349
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: the next fascist government!

Re: remove my guns

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 November 2018, 20:17

lostmydollar wrote:i remember Doom said something about qccv being a gun with two stocks and now i understand it and just can't unsee that.

I think he needs his eyes checked. Where's the "second stock?" There's only one obvious stock on the QCcV unless I'm missing something

lostmydollar wrote:i pm-ed Eric just to make sure he will not add them to pb3. however im not really sure who owns the copyrights - me or him. if he decides to keep the guns its okay. they just need a redesign

You own the copyrights still as the art creator unless you hand over the copyright permissions to someone else.


Causal oversimplification and ergo decedo: read about it, staff. No need to keep pretending to be virtuous.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 779
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 1 November 2018, 21:22

Hikarikaze wrote:
lostmydollar wrote:i remember Doom said something about qccv being a gun with two stocks and now i understand it and just can't unsee that.

I think he needs his eyes checked. Where's the "second stock?" There's only one obvious stock on the QCcV unless I'm missing something

here is the second one: http://prntscr.com/lda318
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: remove my guns

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 November 2018, 21:40

lostmydollar wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:
lostmydollar wrote:i remember Doom said something about qccv being a gun with two stocks and now i understand it and just can't unsee that.

I think he needs his eyes checked. Where's the "second stock?" There's only one obvious stock on the QCcV unless I'm missing something

here is the second one: http://prntscr.com/lda318

That's not a stock though


Causal oversimplification and ergo decedo: read about it, staff. No need to keep pretending to be virtuous.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 779
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 1 November 2018, 21:45

Hikarikaze wrote:That's not a stock though

it's not, but it looks like one. the foldable type of stock
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: remove my guns

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 November 2018, 22:45

lostmydollar wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:That's not a stock though

it's not, but it looks like one. the foldable type of stock

I see. It's still too short to be a proper stock and arguably too low to be one. I'd say don't worry about that too much and don't overthink on details like that. You'll just end up finding issues in places where there aren't any that way


Causal oversimplification and ergo decedo: read about it, staff. No need to keep pretending to be virtuous.
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 779
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: remove my guns

Postby mrblake213 » 2 November 2018, 12:50

I think Eric would be knowledgeable enough to know what fits in his game and what doesn't.
I also think he redesigns the guns so that it will fit PB2's art style.
User avatar
mrblake213
Civil Security Boss [500]
 
Posts: 591
Joined: 16 July 2013, 10:25
Location: Philippines

Re: remove my guns

Postby Resi » 2 November 2018, 13:58

IIRC the fan art contest said that once they were submitted you agreed to hand over the rights to Plazma Burst, not sure where the thread is now though.
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=15521&p=198627#p198627
User avatar
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 128
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: remove my guns

Postby Eric Gurt » 2 November 2018, 14:33

I see this topic. Might get back to it once will get to adding fan art submissions to PB2.5/3.

If you say you want your arts to be removed from game - I definitely will.

I'm also curious on what is your opinion on:
1. Partial reworks (I'll change them the way I see. With or without keeping you as original artist, based on your wish)
2. Keep weapons to be allowed in Custom Maps only (not in Campaign mode)

If you still want your arts to be completely removed from game - I might just replace them with weapons of similar properties, or even create new ones that shot same projectiles, have similar size, fire rate etc.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
User avatar
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer
 
Posts: 224
Joined: 14 July 2013, 16:46
Location: dn.ua

Re: remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 2 November 2018, 15:50

mrblake213 wrote:I think Eric would be knowledgeable enough to know what fits in his game and what doesn't.
I also think he redesigns the guns so that it will fit PB2's art style.

with all respect i don't think he always knows for sure what is better for the game. i noticed that he was in a rush with all that fan art submissions update. while discussing my submission with him i had to point out obvious mistakes that he either didn't notice or didn't want to notice. even now all the mistakes aren't fixed. you can notice how av is almost as tall as the character himself and how qccv's stock is higher than it should be

Resi wrote:IIRC the fan art contest said that once they were submitted you agreed to hand over the rights to Plazma Burst, not sure where the thread is now though.

yea that is what i was talking about. but if i'm not mistaken it was Doom who said "that", not Eric himself, so this is why i questioned the copyrights thingy. i was not sure if this was an official stipulation or just Doom's assumtion

Eric Gurt wrote:I see this topic. Might get back to it once will get to adding fan art submissions to PB2.5/3.

If you say you want your arts to be removed from game - I definitely will.

I'm also curious on what is your opinion on:
1. Partial reworks (I'll change them the way I see. With or without keeping you as original artist, based on your wish)
2. Keep weapons to be allowed in Custom Maps only (not in Campaign mode)

If you still want your arts to be completely removed from game - I might just replace them with weapons of similar properties, or even create new ones that shot same projectiles, have similar size, fire rate etc.

hey nice to see you here. even though i will accept any your decision i really don't want to see them in the game at their current state. i mean do whatever you think is the best - rework, remove, or just let it be the way it is now. also i don't need any credits for my artwork. i'm just seriously obsessed with the quality of content that gets into the game. i wasn't really thinking about quality of my artwork when i was submitting it. i was led by my greed. just wanted to have extra "popularity points" by becoming an artist who got his guns added to the game. and it was fun at the beginning but now whenever someone mentions my name in the game "oh you are the guy who made that ak-47, dood that's so cool!" all i feel is the shame for that trash i made that some people call "art". it doesn't deserve to be called so
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: remove my guns

Postby eru_ » 2 November 2018, 19:04

Well to be honest Lostmydollars weapons are pretty good and fits pb style but they don't look realistic as what he said
Also if its weapons were in 2.5 it will be tons of weapons

eru_
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 18 April 2017, 18:57
Location: Tunisia

Re: remove my guns

Postby phsc » 2 November 2018, 19:12

eru the point is that they resemble weapons made by the ussr in the last century that dont have a futuristic look to them so they dont really fit in pb2 that well, while theres problem with realistic things such as their size compared to the average pb2 character size
and i dont think too many weapons in pb2.5 will be a problem, its more of a good thing
(i didnt really understand what you tried to say tho)

but yeah they are good, read what i said about platonic beauty and other things etc
If I decide to be an idiot, then Ill be an idiot on my own accord - Johann Sebastian Bach
User avatar
phsc
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 349
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: the next fascist government!

Re: remove my guns

Postby tehswordninja » 2 November 2018, 23:40

I'm aware I don't post here often, but I can't help but ask for a rework of these guns, since I think they fill the "rebel faction" niche that was missing from the game. I completely understand the desire to have these weapons reworked, and I don't disagree. I think the AV-135's barrel and other features are out of proportion, but I don't think that calls for complete removal of the weapon. Some adjustments and tweaks to the weapons, and maybe a few more "futuristic" design additions would make the weapons fit in just fine.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
User avatar
tehswordninja
Moderator
 
Posts: 666
Joined: 10 November 2013, 17:24
Location: Witty tagline

Re: remove my guns

Postby maxim12 » 10 November 2018, 17:20

Dont know why you want to remove the weapons from the game, It's not like you are forced to use them in your maps. Non-futuristic looking weapons allow for creating maps that arent set in the far future, so variety of weapons from different settings allow to create more varied style maps. Besides, you can't use those custom weapons in the official campaign levels anyway (Correct me if I'm wrong on that one), so that makes your reasoning of their removal completely pointless.

The CS pistol, assault rifle and the Shotgun are also non-futuristic looking weapons, yet they are still in the game and no one is begging to remove them because they dont look futuristic enough.

Personaly, I would love to see more non-futuristic weapons to be added to the game, the AK weapons ranging from 47 to the 2015 variant, the M16 and M4 weapons, ranging from A1 to A4 and other epic modern weaponary like the UMP-45 and etc.

Heck, I would even love to see some World War 2 weapons for those who want to create World War 2 maps or even steampunk style maps.

maxim12
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 420
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:56
Location: Israel, Haifa.

Re: remove my guns

Postby lostmydollar » 17 November 2018, 13:56

@Eric Gurt

i think the only weapon that can go without major overhaul is Needle. but it needs a laser pointer and a sensor like YippeeKiYay, because otherwise it isn't a sniper rifle, more like an alien rifle's clone

av-135 needs a new model/texture, see posts above for reasons. also i'd love a name change for it to be less "ussr-ish"

rmk-36 needs a whole new model as currently it's just a giant stick that doesn't make any sense irl nor in the game. also it needs new creative name. rmk is just a bunch of random unconnected letters and 36 is just a random number that doesn't make any sense too

little bastard needs a removal of the stock (see explanation above) and also please add " " to the name of it. it should be QCcV-50 "Little Bastard", not QCcV-50 Little Bastard

RPG needs a retexture to look more pb2-ish and futuristic. plus i'd love a name change too. rename it to something so it wouldn't associate with ussr (same as av)

also i'll repeat - i don't need any credits for any of my guns, so changes you perform would make these guns entirely yours. i'm sorry for wasting your time fixing my own mistakes
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 369
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36


Return to PB2.5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users