Slot-based triggers.

Ask any questions you may have here.

Slot-based triggers.

Postby Red Railgun » 13 October 2018, 08:00

Hey. I was in the middle of making a map for a place I am on in Discord, and I wanted to make a specific trigger, but I spotted the fact that I had no clue how to bind a weapon to a trigger (Such as making a region go to a specific point upon attacking), and also trying to change the model of said weapon to Hands in order to make it easier to replicate what I'm attempting to do (I was actually planning to utilize Push fields to create a sort of, force choke effect)

Red Railgun
Recruit

Re: Slot-based triggers.

Postby Resi » 13 October 2018, 20:04

You can't move pushers btw.
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Red Railgun » 13 October 2018, 20:33

What could I do? Regions? I'm currently trying to figure that out at the moment.

Red Railgun
Recruit

Postby darkstar 1 » 13 October 2018, 22:21

Resi wrote:You can't move pushers btw.

You can however put a pusher over the whole map, move a region ,activated by a player, to the spot you want, and whenever a player enters the region it executes a trigger that changes the gravitation in that pusher, player specific.
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=darkstar%201-pixels
darkstar 1
Lite Marine [800]

Postby Resi » 13 October 2018, 23:52

darkstar 1 wrote:

You can however put a pusher over the whole map, move a region ,activated by a player, to the spot you want, and whenever a player enters the region it executes a trigger that changes the gravitation in that pusher, player specific.

I mean if OP doesn't mind being shoved in any part of the map, sure.
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Red Railgun » 15 October 2018, 01:44

Is there possibly a way to make a region do something? For example, throw a person into the air? I'm trying to do things to actors as to allow me to do something. Is it possible to make recoil act in a specific way, like throw something in the air? That's another thing I could possibly achieve and want to.

darkstar 1 wrote:

My actual point was not making something like this. I mean something similar to a movable region that affects things. For example, damages stability and sends things flying. I'm trying to achieve that. I guess something akin to the kinetic module that the Marine from the campaign has.
Last edited by Protonoid on 19 October 2018, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Posts

Red Railgun
Recruit

Postby Protonoid » 16 October 2018, 09:08

Push fields can be made by putting a pusher wholeover the map as darkstar said.
If you want a choke effect or something like that, you can use a region, move at cursor and deal damage with negative heal effect.

YOUR ASS BELONGS TO ME. WELCOME TO SHAWSHANK.
Protonoid

Postby Red Railgun » 16 October 2018, 17:18

Any possible way of making someone hover in the air as well? I wanted to do something that allowed me to hold something in the air for a few seconds. Somethings similar to that.

Red Railgun
Recruit

Return to Questions