Ban System From Maps.

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Ban System From Maps.

Postby Niglet » 12 October 2018, 21:28

Hi guys! I know i have much time without make post but i have a idea for the next update from PB 2, The advanced ideas i have it only for PB 2.5 but i like much this idea for PB 2.

Ban System from the maps: I would like very much the system ban on the maps because almost all of us have a criticizer of our maps or / and of us for no reason. So I would like that eric gurt in the next update of PB 2 put that, Here I have an example how I would like Eric Gurt to create the Ban System: Enter the level editor to use this trigger action that I would like it to be necessary for activate the ban: '' Put User (A) Name Or Link To Ban '' and that appears in the bottom of the action trigger. Banned User Time

When that is ready, the player can not enter the map and the map page and can not vote either. And when the player tries to enter the map in which he is banned, this error will appear: '' Sorry you are not allowed to enter this map (You are banned on this map) '' And if you try to enter the page let this come to you instead of the detail of the map on your page. '' The content you are trying to see from this map is not allowed for you (when you are already banned on a map you can not see the map page or vote for the map) And if the user banned on the map is trying to enter the ID of the map at least that is open in Level Editor that you get this error: '' You are banned on this map you can not see your source open '' And the last thing is that when the user is already chosen the player is going to ban that has the amount of days or months so that the last day this ban expires the ban of the user and the user can re-enter the map or your page. For example: 1 day, 5 days, 20 days, 31 days, 1 month, 5 months, 12 months, 1 year, Forever.

Ban System from maps is not a rude or offensive idea. I would like Eric Gurt to create it in the next PB 2 update. :D ^_^

Spoiler: Show More
Eric Gurt if you are looking at this post please use this idea in the following PB 2 update. :D
WTF IS c2f.exe

-Niglet
Niglet
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Ban System From Maps.

Postby Resi » 12 October 2018, 21:41

Ban system for criticism? What are you, a dictator?

If somebody is giving you destructive criticism report it since it's harassment, if somebody gives you constructive criticism don't get offended and take it to improve your maps.

Constructive criticism is the best kind of thing somebody can give you, as they're the most kind of honest thoughts somebody can give you for your maps.

Instead of wanting people to blindly agree with you all the time, expect them to disagree with you every so often so you they can tell you your flaws allowing you to make higher quality maps.

But then again you flame and kick users for rating 1 so eh...
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Civil-Lite » 12 October 2018, 21:48

Honestly, and I am not going to lie, I dont really see the point of having to ban people from your maps when you can either kick them out yourself as you are the Game Master or have a bunch of people kick out a single person at once. Either way I dont think that would stop them from rating the map if all of a sudden you dont like their own opinion / feedback they give you about the map.
"Sup forever alone. Do you want to do something alive or are you just gonna sit down on your a** all day like a loser? It's simple, so just go on by and play Plazma Burst 2. Well easy!"

"Ah... Son of a..."
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby Niglet » 12 October 2018, 22:12

Resi wrote:Ban system for criticism? What are you, a dictator?

If somebody is giving you destructive criticism report it since it's harassment, if somebody gives you constructive criticism don't get offended and take it to improve your maps.

Constructive criticism is the best kind of thing somebody can give you, as they're the most kind of honest thoughts somebody can give you for your maps.

Instead of wanting people to blindly agree with you all the time, expect them to disagree with you every so often so you they can tell you your flaws allowing you to make higher quality maps.

But then again you flame and kick users for rating 1 so eh...

I have no report of constructive criticism only destructive ones. and I'm not a dictator, it's just an idea

- - - - - -

Civil-Lite wrote:Honestly, and I am not going to lie, I dont really see the point of having to ban people from your maps when you can either kick them out yourself as you are the Game Master or have a bunch of people kick out a single person at once. Either way I dont think that would stop them from rating the map if all of a sudden you dont like their own opinion / feedback they give you about the map.

I never worked on that Game Master and I do not know how it is if you know how it is, tell me how I can do it. If I've seen that Game Master but I never knew how it can be done. :(
Last edited by Protonoid on 19 October 2018, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Posts
WTF IS c2f.exe

-Niglet
Niglet
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Resi » 12 October 2018, 22:14

Niglet wrote:I have no report of constructive criticism only destructive ones. and I'm not a dictator, it's just an idea

Yeah and it's "just a reply", you know.

If this idea is to battle destructive criticism only then it's a redundant thread since harassment, hate and etc already against the rules, so you're suggesting to add something that's already in.
Resi

Postby Niglet » 12 October 2018, 22:16

Resi wrote:
Niglet wrote:I have no report of constructive criticism only destructive ones. and I'm not a dictator, it's just an idea

If this idea is to battle destructive criticism only then it's a redundant thread since harassment, hate and etc already against the rules, so you're suggesting to add something that's already in.

I put this idea because I know many users who have violated PB 2 rules. :/
WTF IS c2f.exe

-Niglet
Niglet
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Resi » 12 October 2018, 22:24

Niglet wrote:
Resi wrote:

I put this idea because I know many users who have violated PB 2 rules. :/

Then report them to the staff so they get warned/banned. Ideas are meant to change something existing or add something. And they mostly go towards Eric Gurt than anybody else.
Resi

Postby Niglet » 12 October 2018, 22:30

Then report them to the staff so they get warned/banned. Ideas are meant to change something existing or add something. And they mostly go towards Eric Gurt than anybody else.

Ok. :thank:
WTF IS c2f.exe

-Niglet
Niglet
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 13 October 2018, 15:14

Just to reiterate what they have said,

If you have people giving you criticism either good or bad, you just have to acknowledge / understand what they have to say but if they are insulting you, feel free to report it to the staff.
mrblake213
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby maxim12 » 30 October 2018, 21:27

No offense, but I've lost braincells from reading the OP's suggestions.

maxim12
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Resi » 30 October 2018, 22:58

maxim12 wrote:No offense, but I've lost braincells from reading the OP's suggestions.

No offense, but it's weird that the one who's saying this phrase is you, Maxim12.
Resi

Postby Hikarikaze » 31 October 2018, 00:58

If you don't like criticism, don't follow it. It's that simple. An idea like this is bound to be abused heavily

Rule violations can always be reported though if it's on the site, site reports are incredibly unreliable on their own due to lack of visibility

Causal oversimplification and ergo decedo: read about it, staff. No need to keep pretending to be virtuous.
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]

Return to Other Ideas