What are the Game modification settings?

Ask any questions you may have here.

What are the Game modification settings?

Postby sean l » 10 July 2018, 06:05

I have seen the Game Modification setting present in literally every case where I created a new match or server. for the longest time I passed it off as merely a gimmik, but now there is a problem due to an overabundance of approved warfare theme maps (many gun slots used, unlike maps such as stryde-sniper) and a lack of approved, say, shotgun and raygun maps. what are the specifics to gameplay modifications. I'm well aware that "No Weapons" is an option, but that's about the only one i know of.
Spoiler: Show More
CSE Head Architect, maker of Into the Forge

Think Original

Play Defensive

Eric Gurt, More commands Please...
sean l
Recruit

Re: What are the Game modification settings?

Postby phsc » 10 July 2018, 15:09

the only time MLG COOL DOMINIK said something useful, he gets ignored
http://prntscr.com/k4rtf5
please, search in the forum next time u have a question
If I decide to be an idiot, then Ill be an idiot on my own accord - Johann Sebastian Bach
phsc
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby GZ55 » 20 July 2018, 13:47

Here is an actual answer to a relevant question which isn't asked enough around here...

The Gameplay Modifications entry field doesn't work. It's a feature which is intended to be officially added when Multiplayer mode passes the Beta stage, or in Plazma Burst 3. There is no known list of commands which can be put in that entry field; I have seen no one create a match which makes use of a Gameplay Modification. Please post a screenshot of an Approved match with the "No Weapons" mod, if such mod exists.

If the feature was likely to work, then yes, it would be possible to swap all weapons of a certain type, such as the Sniper, with another type, say, the Alien Rifle. However, some mods would unbalance the gameplay (ex. 10x HP) to an extent that an Approved match would automatically turn into a Custom one.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby sean l » 24 July 2018, 07:36

ironically, i did look through the game forum for this guy's work, however i wasnt able to find anything when i checked. thanks for letting me know, ill check it out
CSE Head Architect, maker of Into the Forge

Think Original

Play Defensive

Eric Gurt, More commands Please...
sean l
Recruit

Return to Questions