[Approval Request] incompetence-ac2

Map Approval Requests

[Approval Request] incompetence-ac2

Postby Incompetence » 9 July 2018, 20:09

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Acedia Remake
- Map ID: incompetence-ac2
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=i ... &id=896652
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=incompetence-ac2

[C]
- Give a brief description of the map: Built off an early stage of hikarikaze-ac.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: [insert generic cliche monologue about how this is unique here] + the original never really got a chance for evaluation. it's not a 1:1 remake but it's more """compliant""" with the guidelines
- Any other comments: a somewhat minor problem I personally found was this. ppl can latch onto the edge and climb up despite an invisible wall there. i'd make the walls shorter in length but then the invis wall will get in the way. only reason the wall itself is there is to prevent camping

not to mention this can also happen but this is easily countered and inefficient to do. so far i'll keep it as is because it lets you peek and shoot while climbing up and because this camp spot is super open
Incompetence
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: [Approval Request] incompetence-ac2

Postby Hikarikaze » 10 July 2018, 19:26

Not bad. The center gravitator should have its pushing area extended a bit more upwards so people holding a weapon can get to the top without switching to swords. It was something I didn't bother to mention in our test run because I was too lazy and I've really just now thought about it

I'd say the map is alright in terms of playability based on tests. The fact cross-map firing opportunities exist might be a concern to some but the area that sightline extends to is fairly open anyways so it's a risky spot in the end. The original had crazy sightlines like that too so it's not that big of a deal. This version does a decent job keeping the same hallmarks and playstyle as the original despite obvious differences and the attention to detail in maintaining that while keeping things more fair than the original is noticeable too.

My only "complaint" really is that the map's a bit more forgiving than the original, which I had mentioned before, but I can see people whining about the map being "unfair" or something along those lines if it wasn't as forgiving as it is now. I'd like it better if the map was more like the original in that regard but I understand why it's like this so it's all fine

Causal oversimplification and ergo decedo: read about it, staff. No need to keep pretending to be virtuous.
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]

Return to Map Approval Requests