How were the years for you in community?

Any Offtopic community discussions not related to Plazma Burst

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Tortoise » 12 September 2018, 20:49

2012 - deliciously exquisite pizza sauce around in base maps like a common 12 year old

2013 to 2015 - ???

2016 - Made some really bad maps

2017 - "PB2 is dead guysz"
Literally cut a man's arm off for a CORNETTO
User avatar
Tortoise
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 124
Joined: 13 October 2015, 19:57
Location: I am the real Jeremy Corbyn

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby maxim12 » 15 September 2018, 20:56

Nothing special. Just enjoyed playing PB2, usualy played Saw/Traps maps and liked to create my own maps and experiment in them. When Eric implented new updates, some of the good maps died (Speciality the Cahir-Traps map series), the community started to die and therefore the game started to become less, less and less enjoyable for me.

Left the community 2 times, the first time when I was used to be an all cringy attention-whore myself (Yes, I admit it, sorry.) and had to leave because of the negative attention it gotten to me. The second time I left the community (Somewhere in fall of 2017) because of people harassing me over my avatar and other really stupid stuff that should not bother others, like really. And now I post here again after 1 year of being away from the forums, I've entered now just to see the progress of Plazma Burst 2.5 and to see how it is going here in the forums.

And, honestly, looking at the forums right now, nothing has changed, which is dissapointing. Used to be an toxic wasteland, still remains that way.

maxim12
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 420
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:56
Location: Israel, Haifa.

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Resi » 16 September 2018, 14:07

maxim12 wrote:And, honestly, looking at the forums right now, nothing has changed, which is dissapointing. Used to be an toxic wasteland, still remains that way.


Dude you attack people because of their different opinions or in my case because you can't remember who were the people that messed with you out of your nationality so you picked a random user like me to blame out of that just because I've been around for long.

You're part of this problem no matter how many times you say otherwise, and you always act like you're the victim.

(I'm SilverTeen11)
User avatar
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 140
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 19 September 2018, 04:56

Joined the game in early 2011,started getting serious in 2012,joining clans,making friends and enemies and such,around the same time and starting with 2013 I got myself a name,played the game untill I felt burnt out and decided to leave in December 2014,around Christmas.I've been going on and off the forums ever since.

maxim12 wrote:And, honestly, looking at the forums right now, nothing has changed, which is dissapointing. Used to be an toxic wasteland, still remains that way.


And honestly, you just felt like adding to that "toxic wasteland" because not attracting negativity is really hard,I know it is, speaking from personal experience.
Always remember that a lie has speed but truth has endurance.
User avatar
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 103
Joined: 9 September 2016, 18:26

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby maxim12 » 19 September 2018, 20:27

Ahh, can't make a comeback without bunch of special snowflakes already starting to sit in your tail, attacking you and painting you as the baddest person in the entire universe. I mean that was a really good reason why I left this deliciously pizza sauce community back then.

"10/10 Classic!" - IGN

maxim12
Civil Security Ghost [400]
 
Posts: 420
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:56
Location: Israel, Haifa.

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby phsc » 19 September 2018, 21:24

maxim12 wrote:Ahh, can't make a comeback without bunch of special snowflakes already starting to sit in your tail, attacking you and painting you as the baddest person in the entire universe. I mean that was a really good reason why I left this deliciously pizza sauce community back then.

"10/10 Classic!" - IGN


Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
Dude you attack people because of their different opinions
INTJ 5w6 3w4 8w7
If you want to join Ditzys my gulag discord server PM me.
User avatar
phsc
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 359
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58
Location: the next fascist government!

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Incompetence » 19 September 2018, 23:23

i've just been mainly meming/"""trolling""" around ever since i joined in 2015. never had an interest in the game aside from checking it out once to see what it was. now i just go on and off here since there's not much to meme here anymore

maxim12 wrote:Used to be an toxic wasteland, still remains that way.

maxim12 wrote:bunch of special snowflakes

???

this is unironically funny
User avatar
Incompetence
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 212
Joined: 3 February 2016, 03:55
Location: Definitely not behind you

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 28 September 2018, 23:41

maxim12 wrote:Ahh, can't make a comeback without bunch of special snowflakes already starting to sit in your tail, attacking you and painting you as the baddest person in the entire universe. I mean that was a really good reason why I left this deliciously pizza sauce community back then.

"10/10 Classic!" - IGN

Just stop.
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
User avatar
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 25 June 2016, 21:39

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby superfrank1004 » 29 September 2018, 02:11

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
maxim12 wrote:Ahh, can't make a comeback without bunch of special snowflakes already starting to sit in your tail, attacking you and painting you as the baddest person in the entire universe. I mean that was a really good reason why I left this deliciously pizza sauce community back then.

"10/10 Classic!" - IGN

Just stop.


true what maxim said tho, 2bad tho, ur 2new to understand

superfrank1004
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 6 December 2014, 18:28

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby taktisch » 29 September 2018, 10:58

2011?: Was still young, was still a guest. Community was really fun.

2012-2013: Still the same. I stopped playing because of more important stuff.

2016: Returned, but still didn't play much. This year was the weirdest. I don't talk about it.

2017: PB2 community was beginning to slowly erode. Joined several "clans" during late months, all of which now are dead. Also got some friends and witnessed shady stuff at this point. I made this account during this period.

2018: I left during the early months, and after I got bored playing old relics I started to log in again, and still was bored. But it's the only worldwide multiplayer game I can go to, so what's my choice?
User avatar
taktisch
Recruit
 
Posts: 10
Joined: 9 November 2017, 11:59
Location: Kapustin Yar

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 29 September 2018, 21:39

superfrank1004 wrote:
MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
maxim12 wrote:Ahh, can't make a comeback without bunch of special snowflakes already starting to sit in your tail, attacking you and painting you as the baddest person in the entire universe. I mean that was a really good reason why I left this deliciously pizza sauce community back then.

"10/10 Classic!" - IGN

Just stop.


true what maxim said tho, 2bad tho, ur 2new to understand

Have you seen what he said in the past, he can't handle opinions.
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
User avatar
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 220
Joined: 25 June 2016, 21:39

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby 49er » 29 September 2018, 22:22

I played this game a lot as a teen and put more energy than I'm willing to admit into making content for just a little browser game. I played heavily and consistently through my formative years so a clear "puberty" of style of mine is accessible through the archives, mostly in the form of greater sophistication in map design.

If you mean by the community the purely "social" aspect of this game, I was involved in one notable way as the main admin on the old unofficial wiki (the one that got "usurped" pun intended by the site staff's replacement project). I mostly avoided drama and clans out of disinterest, so the story really ends right there.

Also if you're talking about "toxicity" and the "toxic wasteland" of the community, it almost invariably means you are a contributor to such toxicity.
User avatar
49er
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 67
Joined: 31 July 2015, 01:13

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby ECC9 » 30 September 2018, 17:38

It was ok til you came in the game.
Discord: ECC9#6057
User avatar
ECC9
Usurpation Destroyer [350]
 
Posts: 379
Joined: 9 April 2015, 17:30
Location: Europe

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby guest-electric fish » 3 October 2018, 12:24

2013: Started playing plazma burst 2 as guest,saw the old version of pb2 (v1.16 which contained 3 game modes to play the story{easy,normal and hard} and the old level editor) and the new version of pb2 (v1.20 which contained an new game mode to play the story{impossible},new skins such as falkok and phoenix falkok,new level editor and brand new guns such as rayrifle) and met people who were either friendly with me either hostile with me

2014: Registered here with an help of an valuable friend,understood the pb2 life and the rules,met friends and enemies,done crazy things and mostly enjoyed playing maps as back then the servers were booming,there were enough people who you could either chat either do roleplay and there were many maps where you could have unlimited fun either on your own either with your friends

2015: Witnessed the data lost,fought in a huge chaotic situation which contained anger and risk,refound (almost) successfully my old friends and at the same time i met new friends,entered the pb2 chat and began doing roleplay here but sadly i couldn't enjoy the servers anymore as the activity started to collapsing and as my old friends were either retiring forever either forgetting easily

2016-2018: Developed maps,faced many troubles around,met again new people but also at the same time i lost enough due their inactivity or tensions,kept doing roleplay in pb2 chat and tried to enjoy pb2 like the old days but with the lack of players,the absence of many good old maps and with the site and server crashing this phenomenom became sadly the tragic reality for many people
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
User avatar
guest-electric fish
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 6 April 2015, 17:10
Location: Pluto.the cold never bother me anyway

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Resi » 9 October 2018, 21:17

To answer the question by myself:

I made an account with another name because I was 11 years old and paranoid about the internet, which didn't make sense. After like a week I made the account SilverTeen11, I had a terrible understanding of the english language and was a spoiled kid.

During 2012, I started learning how to make my maps, my first map started as a test to see how everything back in the OLE days worked. I surprisingly understood the guide but had to look up a video to see how the parameter tool worked, my map started with a CS Base and Usurpers at the top, I added some unfair secrets, the heroes and the androids later.

The map was giant and made people leave because it was coop and matches would last forever and get boring.

Oddly enough, it has 4.76 stars which it doesn't deserve one bit.

Later on, I'm guessing around 2013 I started making a zombie series which was playable although not decent, I started getting to know some people and leaving my mark in the world and people were starting to recognize me as a "famous" map maker.

Fast forward to 2014, I met some bad apples, and as a kid, I got annoyed with it, they were eventually gone and I had some rough events in life which overlapped together.

I kept making maps, most of which are unpublished or deleted today.

Moving to 2015-2016, I started growing mature and started caring less about the problems the community had, my PC died so I had to go to the cyber cafe with an inflated economy and it wasn't a good thing do, I eventually stopped going and bought a PC with the help of some friends from the outside in 2017.

2017 and now, I started loosing huge interest in the game now that I can play some other games, I stopped caring about map rates, I felt like I was better as a person and Pb2's lack of synchronization was a huge downer for map makers, it just wasn't fun anymore. I made some quick edits and rarely made some maps overtime, giving my best, but at the same time not finding much in it.

I disabled my PMs as all I got was advertising, questions from people who don't accept messages for some reason, and flaming messages.

I met a few great people in the community who I'm still in contact with, as for why I still talk in this forum... To be honest, I don't know. Maybe I'm waiting for Pb2.5, Maybe I like sharing my thoughts, or maybe I'm just really, really bored.
User avatar
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 140
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby goder » 11 October 2018, 05:11

May 2016 -- Joined the game and played as Guest for 1 month. I enjoyed this game and wanted to make maps.

June 2016 - Jan. 2017 -- Created my first account with a stupid name. Created my second account (which is this account) on October 2016. Played x death realwar and 707 school nearly everyday with friends. I was an immature toxic kid with terrible English who desired nothing but fame.

2017 - Quited my first account forever due to inactive friends and that damn stupid name. Leaved this game for a while until Christmas of 2017.

2018 - Started making maps like many Plazma players cause the multiplayer is boring af. Became mature and started improving English.
User avatar
goder
Recruit
 
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 October 2016, 13:40

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 12 October 2018, 22:44

ECC9 wrote:It was ok til you came in the game.


More like it was ok til you made a unoriginal clan called USP - a literal copy of USF Discord channels, website, and Forums.
@Ryder#2772
https://twitter.com/Ryder36833971
User avatar
Lance Ryder Wilson
Usurpation Soldier [50]
 
Posts: 96
Joined: 9 November 2015, 19:19
Location: Why?

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Resi » 30 October 2018, 00:13

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:
ECC9 wrote:It was ok til you came in the game.


More like it was ok til you made a unoriginal clan called USP - a literal copy of USF Discord channels, website, and Forums.


Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:Attitude and behavior is completely changed i am now mature.But people in the community still hate me.They won't forget about the past.And im Famous in the community.Literally the whole staff team hates me.Probably some them will ban me now.I don't know.
User avatar
Resi
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 140
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Oriental » 30 October 2018, 08:24

goder wrote:May 2016 -- Joined the game and played as Guest for 1 month. I enjoyed this game and wanted to make maps.

June 2016 - Jan. 2017 -- Created my first account with a stupid name. Created my second account (which is this account) on October 2016. Played x death realwar and 707 school nearly everyday with friends. I was an immature toxic kid with terrible English who desired nothing but fame.

2017 - Quited my first account forever due to inactive friends and that damn stupid name. Leaved this game for a while until Christmas of 2017.

2018 - Started making maps like many Plazma players cause the multiplayer is boring af. Became mature and started improving English.

Relatable, I quitted at December 2015 because of getting bored and came back at may 2017 dang memories. Saw and Base maps are still around in multiplayer anyway.
User avatar
Oriental
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 49
Joined: 7 September 2018, 19:18

Re: How were the years for you in community?

Postby Halo 3 player » 4 December 2018, 01:17

First played the game on A10.com, then made my account in late 2012. I was :gasp: a nooby guest for a while.
Then I took a year long hiatus after luls-base got deleted in the Great Server Crash of 201-Something. Now I'm into screwing around with all of the dumb crap triggers let me do. :P
Check out my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOo9LwWO8Z-9zHzzh11NMRQ

Beware: I will blow you away (literally) on thepop178-sniper.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
User avatar
Halo 3 player
Recruit
 
Posts: 15
Joined: 20 October 2014, 03:14
Location: A Galaxy Far Far Away

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Campfire

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users