[APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Map Approval Requests

[APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 23 January 2018, 14:02

- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understood fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understood fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

- Map Name: Sniper
- Map ID: phsc-sniper
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=phsc-sniper&id=334622
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=phsc-sniper

- Give a brief description of the map: There's a few camping spots, that can be easily countered, there's a lot of different spawns, and it plays different than most sniper maps, you have a laser in the middle unlike most sniper maps, so you got to stay with the sides, giving it a railwars feel while being a sniper map, self boosting and killing people mid air is way harder than in most sniper maps, but it is still possible in some situations, making so players with high physics or noobs have more fun while playing it, I created some random game and playied it with some random people, mostly new players, they were saying it was nice and one dude said it should be approved.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It fits all criteria, it's a pretty old map that I used to play with some friends, they all think it was great, it can be playied in DM, TDM and COOP, and when I play it it doesnt feel like its a sniper map.
- Any other comments: If you think something should be changed, I'm open to suggestions, also it is open source too.
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby Green Eyed Demon » 23 January 2018, 15:13

You should either raise these platforms
or lower these since in Co-Op first shot gets first kill which is not fair,you can literally kill the person on the other side right at the start,either do what I said or add something else in between them,maybe above the laser so spawnkilling isn't possible.
mid-ground is just a blind-shot spamfest waiting to happen,add a few obstacles.You're on the right track on not making a stryde-sniper copy,I like that,however correct the flaws I said above,obstacles at the lower parts of the map is just personal preference however I think many people will agree with me on that one
Another sleepless night, time stands still, minutes seem like hours, hours like days
User avatar
Green Eyed Demon
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 101
Joined: 9 September 2016, 18:26

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 23 January 2018, 15:38

Green Eyed Demon wrote:You should either raise these platforms or lower these since in Co-Op first shot gets first kill which is not fair,you can literally kill the person on the other side right at the start,either do what I said or add something else in between them,maybe above the laser so spawnkilling isn't possible.

i fixed this by adding this

the first player now has to back to self boost and snipe someone, and the second player has to either do a really good self boost of hes going to fall in the laser pit or get in a pretty bad position overall

Green Eyed Demon wrote:mid-ground is just a blind-shot spamfest waiting to happen,add a few obstacles.You're on the right track on not making a stryde-sniper copy,I like that,however correct the flaws I said above,obstacles at the lower parts of the map is just personal preference however I think many people will agree with me on that one

well i changed it a little bit making it more skill based

if someone is camping on the cover someone far back can do bounce shots and kill the person idk if this is good or bad


i also removed one of the lasers and made the other one in the middle of the hole

EDIT: also forgot to mention i moved the players a little bit, the first one starts really close to the wall and the second one is in a position where its really hard to snipe him but hes now able to self boost to the top
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby lostmydollar » 9 March 2018, 15:52

better than stryde-sniper. just fix glowing edges: http://prntscr.com/ioxc8c
John Sidney McCain III
(August 29, 1936 – August 25, 2018)
You will always be remembered
User avatar
lostmydollar
Civil Security Heavy [300]
 
Posts: 313
Joined: 11 April 2017, 17:36

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 1 July 2018, 21:02

I REMADE MOST OF THE MAP
so combat wise it was pretty great, everything well made using multiple features, i showed it to doom and he liked it, but its appearance was old and trash, so i remade the appearance while making minimal combat changes to make it a little bit better

i tried changing the walls from black into many other kinds, using combinations and none look that great, the best was sand and black but after all all black was better
i also tried to give it a few more destroyed details using the ground background and it also didnt look great, i dont think there are many ways to make this better, any ideas, just tell me
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby Hikarikaze » 1 July 2018, 23:53

Make sure you set the zoom back to normal. It's still zoomed out

Also the players on the lower lane are at a slightly unfavorable position right now. You can easily kill people across the map by jumping/pre-firing over the cover. Everyone else has the luxury of having disrupted sightlines at the start but the two on the bottom of the map don't have as much time to live by default unless one of them goes upwards

The players on the bottom should have more time before they enter their first engagement to make it more consistent with everyone else. They're the only ones that can get into their first gunfight right when a co-op round starts while everyone else has to wait a while due to navigating out of their spawn points to enter an engagement
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 756
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 2 July 2018, 00:32

Hikarikaze wrote:Make sure you set the zoom back to normal. It's still zoomed out

Also the players on the lower lane are at a slightly unfavorable position right now. You can easily kill people across the map by jumping/pre-firing over the cover. Everyone else has the luxury of having disrupted sightlines at the start but the two on the bottom of the map don't have as much time to live by default unless one of them goes upwards

The players on the bottom should have more time before they enter their first engagement to make it more consistent with everyone else. They're the only ones that can get into their first gunfight right when a co-op round starts while everyone else has to wait a while due to navigating out of their spawn points to enter an engagement


so i decided id put the spawns more close to each other while making so one cant just go and self boost, original map had the top walls a little bit more near the middle, so they would block the and i forgot about moving the enemies, now it takes more time to get into a fight from top and i moved the guys from teh bottom up too, and ofc i remove the zoom, and also, thanks
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 July 2018, 01:09

phsc wrote:so i decided id put the spawns more close to each other while making so one cant just go and self boost, original map had the top walls a little bit more near the middle, so they would block the and i forgot about moving the enemies, now it takes more time to get into a fight from top and i moved the guys from teh bottom up too, and ofc i remove the zoom, and also, thanks

It's better now. The map's in a really good spot right now imo
User avatar
Hikarikaze
Proxy [700]
 
Posts: 756
Joined: 24 January 2014, 02:05
Location: Somewhere, just not here

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby Resi » 2 July 2018, 16:27

This map is a good reason to make a sniper map, it has a different layout from the generic style and has outstanding visuals, it also has a vertical playstyle which is not something you'd find in PB2 nowadays.

I wouldn't mind this being approved, 5 stars by the way.
User avatar
Resi
Cyber Grub [25]
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 16 July 2013, 00:47
Location: Venezuela

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby DoomWrath » 2 July 2018, 17:14

Have you changed the layout/dimensions of any walls since we played it? The map feels different now, and I can't tell if it's just the low contrast backgrounds giving it that vibe, or if you've changed the map at all.

All in all I prefer the version we played, the 'uglier' simple backgrounds were less pretty, but were far more functional.
User avatar
DoomWrath
Administrator
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:27
Location: PzKpfw. VI/B

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 2 July 2018, 17:23

DoomWrath wrote:Have you changed the layout/dimensions of any walls since we played it? The map feels different now, and I can't tell if it's just the low contrast backgrounds giving it that vibe, or if you've changed the map at all.

All in all I prefer the version we played, the 'uglier' simple backgrounds were less pretty, but were far more functional.


i didnt change any walls, just one decoration that i moved, one of the lasers, 2px up so i could place the yellow and black bgs without it looking weird
anyway i played the map and there was no difference for me at least, maybe because we were not really serious when u saw the map, so it had a even lighter atmosphere to it? idk
but most people seem to like it this way, so id say keep it as it is rn
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby DoomWrath » 2 July 2018, 22:14

phsc wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:Have you changed the layout/dimensions of any walls since we played it? The map feels different now, and I can't tell if it's just the low contrast backgrounds giving it that vibe, or if you've changed the map at all.

All in all I prefer the version we played, the 'uglier' simple backgrounds were less pretty, but were far more functional.


i didnt change any walls, just one decoration that i moved, one of the lasers, 2px up so i could place the yellow and black bgs without it looking weird
anyway i played the map and there was no difference for me at least, maybe because we were not really serious when u saw the map, so it had a even lighter atmosphere to it? idk
but most people seem to like it this way, so id say keep it as it is rn


In that case it's probably just a contrast thing then, with complex and darker backgrounds making it now harder to see platforms and plan out movement paths or see other players subconsciously.
User avatar
DoomWrath
Administrator
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:27
Location: PzKpfw. VI/B

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 3 July 2018, 15:35

DoomWrath wrote:
phsc wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:Have you changed the layout/dimensions of any walls since we played it? The map feels different now, and I can't tell if it's just the low contrast backgrounds giving it that vibe, or if you've changed the map at all.

All in all I prefer the version we played, the 'uglier' simple backgrounds were less pretty, but were far more functional.


i didnt change any walls, just one decoration that i moved, one of the lasers, 2px up so i could place the yellow and black bgs without it looking weird
anyway i played the map and there was no difference for me at least, maybe because we were not really serious when u saw the map, so it had a even lighter atmosphere to it? idk
but most people seem to like it this way, so id say keep it as it is rn


In that case it's probably just a contrast thing then, with complex and darker backgrounds making it now harder to see platforms and plan out movement paths or see other players subconsciously.


so i played the map with a few friends and some random people, and it looks like people actually enjoy the map, and for real, the combat didnt change much, mostly around the lateral areas, the only thing that changed but idk if it is a better player avg, but less people die in the laser, mostly ecause of the black and yellow bgs near it that means danger, and in a general way it seems like people are doing more complex plays, which also might be because i played with friends and theyre in a general way better than the avg pb2 players,
then i played again with random pb2 players, and it looks like they liked it, as unlike stryde sniper and other maps, you dont need to know how to self boost and things like that, while if you do, you can do advanced playes in the top area, even tho its still easy to kill u cuz of the walls that can be pierced, and ive not seen a single person camping in the map, which means the map has no design problems atm too
also i added a few more lights cuz maybe that was the problem? darker bgs, with maybe shadows in some areas? everybody i played with had no problems with it tho even before the additional lights
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby DoomWrath » 4 July 2018, 08:19

Don't worry, me preferring the old backgrounds isn't a valid reason to ignore your map :p

If you're happy with the state of the map I'll run it through some more testing soon with some more staff members, and we'll see how it goes. It's nice to play a sniper map that feels fresh.
User avatar
DoomWrath
Administrator
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:27
Location: PzKpfw. VI/B

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby phsc » 9 July 2018, 16:49

I still wish to have this map approved at this time, and I believe it is appropriate for approval.
5 days really? if theres any prob tell me
if someone is reading this DONT ressurect ekat again thanks
User avatar
phsc
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 243
Joined: 27 July 2013, 13:58

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby wreak » 9 July 2018, 19:04

phsc wrote:I still wish to have this map approved at this time, and I believe it is appropriate for approval.
5 days really? if theres any prob tell me


It takes time for him to run tests, he said it takes somewhere in the hours so it's going to be a while. I'm waiting for him to test my map.
wreak
User avatar
wreak
Noir Lime [600]
 
Posts: 642
Joined: 23 January 2015, 02:01

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby Albzter » 10 July 2018, 09:25

Now the map looks nice
good job....
User avatar
Albzter
Recruit
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 23 May 2018, 09:52
Location: Guess?

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby DoomWrath » 12 July 2018, 20:12

Extend the boundary walls by 10-20px and I'll consider it approval worthy. Best map of this type I've played in a long time.
User avatar
DoomWrath
Administrator
 
Posts: 498
Joined: 16 July 2013, 20:27
Location: PzKpfw. VI/B

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby ing32 » 26 August 2018, 13:41

This thread is not active anymore.. but nice map.. Sadly approving it will kill it.. This game is dead.

ing32
Recruit
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 4 August 2018, 17:39

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] phsc-sniper

Postby eru_ » 27 August 2018, 14:43

Sounds quite cool , nice map and it deserves to be approved

eru_
Civil Security Lite [100]
 
Posts: 104
Joined: 18 April 2017, 18:57
Location: Tunisia

Next

Return to Map Approval Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users