Muting a certain player instead of disabling chat

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Muting a certain player instead of disabling chat

Postby TheGhostSniper » 5 January 2016, 09:23

This idea is personally for Multiplayer. The title pretty much explains everything, instead of disabling the chat (muting every single player in-game), muting a certain player. It should be like this: Each player will have a button in their player tag, which when pressed, will mute the selected player. Tell me what you think of this idea or leave your suggestion.
Riot Facts: #001
Spoiler: Show More
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Map Commisions..

Map Commisions are now CLOSED. Open the spoiler for progress.
Apocalypse (theghostsniper-apocalypse), commisioned by yi en. (9.5%)
Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Muting a certain player instead of disabling chat

Postby shadowstorm122 » 5 January 2016, 11:24

Yeah, I think this could work cuz dem ragers gotta be ignored.
by player tag are you reffering to the name above the player or the players name on the scoreboard? :l
Last edited by shadowstorm122 on 5 January 2016, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby ustopable » 5 January 2016, 11:50

Good Idea now we can mute people who are very abusive
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby guest-electric fish » 5 January 2016, 11:53

Smart idea.it will help +3
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby TheGhostSniper » 5 January 2016, 19:53

shadowstorm122 wrote:Yeah, I think this could work cuz dem ragers gotta be ignored.
by player tag are you reffering to the name above the player or the players name on the scoreboard? :l

By player tag I mean the player's name [details all the way]. Originally the title was going to be "Muting a certain player instead of muting all players in-game" but I couldn't fit it in. :(
Last edited by TheGhostSniper on 6 January 2016, 10:57, edited 2 times in total.
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 5 January 2016, 20:51

Seems a lot easier to do so rather than disabling th whole chat.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby tehswordninja » 6 January 2016, 16:20

Adding on to this, maybe have an option for staff members to mute a player for everyone?

Anyways this would be a nice thing to have for sure.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Silent Aurora » 6 January 2016, 16:43

tehswordninja wrote:Adding on to this, maybe have an option for staff members to mute a player for everyone?

No in my opinion because staff members aren't on 24/7 so it should be more opened to all users.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby assasinguy » 11 January 2016, 17:42

Sounds good, I can't see any disadvantages of it, +1 from me.

tehswordninja wrote:Adding on to this, maybe have an option for staff members to mute a player for everyone?

... No, let's not do that. Firstly, what SA said, and secondly, people disagree on whether they want someone muted or not, so there's rarely a situation in which we would be able to use it fairly. As well as this if the initial idea is implemented, "staff members mute a player for everyone" won't be needed at all, because everyone will be able to mute players by themselves. People are capable of clicking a button.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Silent Aurora » 11 January 2016, 17:48

assasinguy wrote:As well as this if the initial idea is implemented, "staff members mute a player for everyone" won't be needed at all, because everyone will be able to mute players by themselves. People are capable of clicking a button.

Yup, Staff don't need to do it for them if it gets implanted. I think this would also prevent people from getting provoked and start rule breaking, a simple mute would keep them calm, continue playing the game, chat with their friends and have the annoying ones muted.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby ivan123bago » 18 January 2016, 07:08

You can just turn off the chat and wait the abusive player to leave. (if hes not leaving dont blame me!)
ivan123bago
Recruit

Postby TheGhostSniper » 18 January 2016, 12:28

ivan123bago wrote:You can just turn off the chat and wait the abusive player to leave. (if hes not leaving dont blame me!)

What if he doesn't leave? And if you turn off the chat and you have a friend with you? Mute button is a good solution for those cases.

TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby ivan123bago » 18 January 2016, 12:43

NO IDEA LOL!! Just tell your friend to ignore her/him or just tell ur friend make a map u can kick the abusive player simple 8)
ivan123bago
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 18 January 2016, 19:56

ivan, the whole point of this idea is to prevent you from having to do any of the things you mentioned, it makes things much easier and more convenient.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby ECC9 » 26 February 2016, 20:29

+1 for me :D
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby xgek » 27 February 2016, 13:49

+All my Plus.. I really want this to happen.
I really wanna chat with the Non-Toxic People without getting Disturbed by those Very Toxic People.
I know i can just turn off the chat. But I really find it Weird if i see no one actually talking.
But this can really help the people who are very much annoyed by the Haters.
xgek
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Website / PB2 Game