[APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

[APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby yizhe » 21 September 2020, 03:24

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name: Ravage
- Map ID: Yizhe-Ravage
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=996503
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=yizhe-ravage

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: Map takes place in a destroyed premise, where the CS and Usurpation Forces are having a skirmish.

Each player gets:
1 Pistol CS-Pro
1 Defibrillator
1 Shotgun NXS-25

Each team gets:
3 Energy Rifle

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: Fast paced, decently sized map with a very balanced gameplay.

- Any other comments: The usurpation forces raided a CS base for weaponry, and in their attempt to escape with the loot, they got shot down and crashed at an abandoned town called "Ravage". With the CS securing the perimeters and sending a squad in to eliminate any alien survivors, the usurpations would have to fend off the attackers with their looted weaponry. The skirmish wage on!

Ravage: Destruction

Meep!
User avatar
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 5 February 2014, 09:26
Location: Advance level editor

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby Stryde » 21 September 2020, 23:41

yizhe-ravange (1st playtest)
- Grass within building path https://prnt.sc/ul3upb
- Cant reach this area with guns equipped https://prnt.sc/ul3vxg
- This door in middle does not provide cover if someone decides to hold it open on the map by pressing E on it https://prnt.sc/ul3whu
- This does not excuse movables not being synchronized on this map, either
- Easy to get stuck in pushers on map https://prnt.sc/ulf0e3 https://prnt.sc/ulf2da
- You have excess objects off in the left side in the editor that need to be deleted
- You have map preview triggers still present in the editor that need to be deleted
- You need to optimize your map where you can - you have many triggers that do the same thing but only have one action causing your mapcount to be higher. It's best to reduce map count whenever possible for gameplay reasons to reduce chances of players lagging on the map
- Lower background design is too pixelated compared to rest of background design in map https://prnt.sc/ulf0th
- Weird lighting in map https://prnt.sc/ulf380
- If you are going to keep wall styles like this, overlap all of them with a pusher to prevent possible spawning https://prnt.sc/ulf2ya
- Swap out mud inside base building design for a better wall choice - mud looks out of place here within the base design https://prnt.sc/ulf3bu
- Another bug to fix because players can hold on in this area and glitch https://prnt.sc/ulf41t
- Weird sky glow - fix this by making one wall extend past map height https://prnt.sc/ulf4r7

Stryde
Moderator
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 9 November 2015, 02:17

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 22 September 2020, 14:07

> Grass within building path
I agree, would be better to make concrete inside building

> Cant reach this area with guns equipped
Imagine reaching top part of stryde-sniper with guns equipped. As you said in discord "You can shoot the gun under you at least in [stryde-]sniper [to reach the top part] . . ." (http://prntscr.com/uls5ci), in that way of logic this point isn't proved enough by you. Also not every part of map must be reachable with only gun equipped, since you can go around to another spot and reach that place if you don't want to switch to swords to jump higher. I notice that there not too long way to reach at the top of this wall. (If we were to zoom out of that picture you have taken, you will realize that you can access it through another route to go to that spot with a gun in hand, few steps away) http://prntscr.com/ulrsdw

> This door in middle does not provide cover if someone decides to hold it open on the map by pressing E on it
So is it straight LOS in your opinion, isn't it? Just because someone can keep it open, it doesn't mean that this is a LOS. First, the weapons for long range is not extremely high powered and extremely accurate, like the sniper yipiekay with laser detecting. Energy rifle isn't very accurate when it's spammed too, unlike the sniper yipiekay. Second, the door automatically closes and buttons have CD by 1 or 2 second, it doesn't keep open all time while you standing and spamming E button without cover to you so risk to die is way more, not really.

> This does not excuse movables not being synchronized on this map, either
Since mechanisms automatically returns to its own position, it doesn't need to be synced. You don't have to load the map with additional commands for the sake of the automatic door, which closes 3 seconds after opening it with the button. That's argue about optimization, which you want to see in this map.
Also here's Nyove's opinion from public chat about syncing such objects - http://prntscr.com/ult668

> Easy to get stuck in pushers on map
Agree, Yizhe should fix all the pushers

> You have excess objects off in the left side in the editor that need to be deleted
Can't see map's source...

> You have map preview triggers still present in the editor that need to be deleted
Same

> You need to optimize your map where you can - you have many triggers that do the same thing but only have one action causing your mapcount to be higher. It's best to reduce map count whenever possible for gameplay reasons to reduce chances of players lagging on the map
So you want to see less excess actions on the map, but at the same time you want to see useless syncronization for 2 doors (You need at least 10 triggers and timers or so to do sync for 2 doors). That's oxymoron, Stryde.

> Lower background design is too pixelated compared to rest of background design in map
So you want the darker ground to be as square at the junction with the lighter ground as the basic panels junctions with ground? Don't you find it pretty bad in looking? So far it looks realistic that ground junctions look pixelated BECAUSE IT'S A GROUND, not a square formed panel. And as far as I know by map's Lore it's exploded ground crater + it looks decent as for me

> Weird lighting in map
Agree

> If you are going to keep wall styles like this, overlap all of them with a pusher to prevent possible spawning
You can't spawn on vertical axis. You spawn only on X axis. That's the basic mechanics. Or do you wanna say Eric made vertical walls as spawnable areas by Y axis? There's no wall below = you can't spawn in air... It's a fallacy. If there was an area 10x 20y (or maybe 20x20 pixels), you can spawn there. If there's 10x 10y area - you can't, at least need 20 pix above X axis wall's surface to spawn there. Sure, Yizhe can add pushf there for the sake of adding, but what's the point to load the map by excess objects?

> Swap out mud inside base building design for a better wall choice - mud looks out of place here within the base design
I'd agree with that, concrete could look better.

> Another bug to fix because players can hold on in this area and glitch
+1 ...

> Weird sky glow - fix this by making one wall extend past map height
I think there's need in 1 ambient light above, no need to extending the walls.

Almost the half of your feedback about the map looks very biased (ad hominem?)
What about me, I think this map is really nice in all ways (after some fixes, for sure)
User avatar
CreeperHunter55
Trial Staff
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 20 January 2017, 14:52

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby yizhe » 22 September 2020, 15:20

CreeperHunter55 wrote:> [> You have excess objects off in the left side in the editor that need to be deleted
Can't see map's source...



What Stryde was refering to is this: https://imgur.com/gallery/v6AV9TG
This was still present during an older version of the map:


However, the final updated version that was prior to the playtest which did not include the excess objects, was not reviewed by Stryde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn7aMCyqZzc

Note that the date and time reflected are in accordance to Singapore timezone.
PB2 forum time stamp follows GMT, and Singapore timezone is GMT +8.
The timing is therefore translated to:
-Final update by me before playtest was saved on the 21/09/2020, 15:32:08
-The version used by Stryde was saved on the 21/09/2020, 01:16:52
-Stryde posted the review on the 21/09/2020, 22:41:00

I do not know why Stryde used the older version of the map source, instead of the finalised one. Unless Stryde was so diligent to study the same map source since 01:16 all the way till he posted the review, I do not see why he would review an older version of my map source, when the updated one had overwritten the older one 14h after the old one was published, and 7h prior to his review. Furthermore, it was not easy for me to dig out the old saved map source myself, so I do not know why he would take the time to look for it and review that flaw. That aside, this issue has long been corrected prior to the playtest.

Meanwhile, the other issues pointed out are undergoing ammendments.
Meep!
User avatar
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 5 February 2014, 09:26
Location: Advance level editor

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby Stryde » 22 September 2020, 20:18

Yizhe, I opened up map blueprints right before playtesting the map, so I'm not sure what your whole last post is really getting at to begin with. Just comment when you have changes made to map again.

Creeperhunter, you of all people should know this is not MY FEEDBACK alone, this is feedback from Kiri (and specifically, you). Thank you for calling me out for being biased just because I post all feedback into one post, when this is feedback from Kiri and you as well. If you respond to this post, it will be deleted because it will be offtopic. Stop bringing up or mentioning Stryde-sniper in every regards and stay on topic to this map and this map only, or don't post on this topic anymore.

Stryde
Moderator
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 9 November 2015, 02:17

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 23 September 2020, 09:06

Stryde wrote:Yizhe, I opened up map blueprints right before playtesting the map, so I'm not sure what your whole last post is really getting at to begin with. Just comment when you have changes made to map again.

That's what he just said in his post. Approval team has to check map's source before posting feedback based on it, obviously.

To top up my previous findings, you stated that “If you are going to keep wall styles like this, overlap all of them with a pusher to prevent possible spawning”. Again, you caused a controversy about needing to be optimal when making maps for approval. Detailed elaborations about this point are in the previous post.
Your claim on LOS for this map is very flawed. You claimed “This door in middle does not provide cover if someone decides to hold it open on the map by pressing E on it. “It is very clear to me that you did not factor in weapon choices and the door cooldown when you thought of LOS. If I wasn’t clear enough on my previous post, the door closes and you cant spam it to keep it open. When the door opens, whoever is there is very exposed, so bear that in mind when you think of someone that would just hold that “E” button down throughout the game. The weapon choice of slot 4, Energy rifle, is very unlike the sniper Yipiekay. It does not have a laser rangefinder to let the player know about the enemy postion, It also differs from the needle from its lower fire rate and greater bullet spray. Just because you see a straight line In Yizhe’s map doesn’t mean you can randomly bomb in an LOS as a feedback.
You stated “> Cant reach this area with guns equipped” and you zoomed into the picture of you not able to reach that spot with a gun.
Last edited by Stryde on 24 September 2020, 14:08, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Deleted the offtopic parts of post, user was warned from me previously to keep ontopic and he chose not to
User avatar
CreeperHunter55
Trial Staff
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 20 January 2017, 14:52

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby nightmar » 23 September 2020, 10:30

CreeperHunter55 wrote:> Grass within building path
I agree, would be better to make concrete inside building

> Cant reach this area with guns equipped
Imagine reaching top part of stryde-sniper with guns equipped. As you said in discord "You can shoot the gun under you at least in [stryde-]sniper [to reach the top part] . . ." (http://prntscr.com/uls5ci), in that way of logic this point isn't proved enough by you. Also not every part of map must be reachable with only gun equipped, since you can go around to another spot and reach that place if you don't want to switch to swords to jump higher. I notice that there not too long way to reach at the top of this wall. (If we were to zoom out of that picture you have taken, you will realize that you can access it through another route to go to that spot with a gun in hand, few steps away) http://prntscr.com/ulrsdw

> This door in middle does not provide cover if someone decides to hold it open on the map by pressing E on it
So is it straight LOS in your opinion, isn't it? Just because someone can keep it open, it doesn't mean that this is a LOS. First, the weapons for long range is not extremely high powered and extremely accurate, like the sniper yipiekay with laser detecting. Energy rifle isn't very accurate when it's spammed too, unlike the sniper yipiekay. Second, the door automatically closes and buttons have CD by 1 or 2 second, it doesn't keep open all time while you standing and spamming E button without cover to you so risk to die is way more, not really.

> This does not excuse movables not being synchronized on this map, either
Since mechanisms automatically returns to its own position, it doesn't need to be synced. You don't have to load the map with additional commands for the sake of the automatic door, which closes 3 seconds after opening it with the button. That's argue about optimization, which you want to see in this map.
Also here's Nyove's opinion from public chat about syncing such objects - http://prntscr.com/ult668

> Easy to get stuck in pushers on map
Agree, Yizhe should fix all the pushers

> You have excess objects off in the left side in the editor that need to be deleted
Can't see map's source...

> You have map preview triggers still present in the editor that need to be deleted
Same

> You need to optimize your map where you can - you have many triggers that do the same thing but only have one action causing your mapcount to be higher. It's best to reduce map count whenever possible for gameplay reasons to reduce chances of players lagging on the map
So you want to see less excess actions on the map, but at the same time you want to see useless syncronization for 2 doors (You need at least 10 triggers and timers or so to do sync for 2 doors). That's oxymoron, Stryde.

> Lower background design is too pixelated compared to rest of background design in map
So you want the darker ground to be as square at the junction with the lighter ground as the basic panels junctions with ground? Don't you find it pretty bad in looking? So far it looks realistic that ground junctions look pixelated BECAUSE IT'S A GROUND, not a square formed panel. And as far as I know by map's Lore it's exploded ground crater + it looks decent as for me

> Weird lighting in map
Agree

> If you are going to keep wall styles like this, overlap all of them with a pusher to prevent possible spawning
You can't spawn on vertical axis. You spawn only on X axis. That's the basic mechanics. Or do you wanna say Eric made vertical walls as spawnable areas by Y axis? There's no wall below = you can't spawn in air... It's a fallacy. If there was an area 10x 20y (or maybe 20x20 pixels), you can spawn there. If there's 10x 10y area - you can't, at least need 20 pix above X axis wall's surface to spawn there. Sure, Yizhe can add pushf there for the sake of adding, but what's the point to load the map by excess objects?

> Swap out mud inside base building design for a better wall choice - mud looks out of place here within the base design
I'd agree with that, concrete could look better.

> Another bug to fix because players can hold on in this area and glitch
+1 ...

> Weird sky glow - fix this by making one wall extend past map height
I think there's need in 1 ambient light above, no need to extending the walls.

Almost the half of your feedback about the map looks very biased (ad hominem?)
What about me, I think this map is really nice in all ways (after some fixes, for sure)


This sums up my opinion on the map perfectly. The only thing I disagree with is the mud looking out of place. Since the place has been through hell (kinda looks like an abandoned or bombarded building) it does make kinda sence for there to be mud.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
User avatar
nightmar
Falkok [250]
 
Posts: 285
Joined: 2 September 2017, 19:36
Location: Inside your closet or under your bed

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby yizhe » 25 September 2020, 11:30

Undisputed issues in the map have been fixed and map has been updated
Meep!
User avatar
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 5 February 2014, 09:26
Location: Advance level editor

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby Stryde » 29 September 2020, 17:20

yizhe-ravage (2nd playtest)
- Remove the invisible doors at the top of the map, your bullets don't exactly make it invisible. Block off those areas with pushers to make this better https://prnt.sc/uq16ea
- Remove 10px by 10px background panels that aren't needed https://prnt.sc/uq16n9
- Backgrounds are not symmetrical in map https://prnt.sc/uq13gi https://prnt.sc/uq13nf
- Cover front of ships with invisible doors (to avoid adding a lot of objects and since the ships are outside map boundary, you can make a facade and only cover the front portion of the ship and top portion of the ship with invisible doors) https://prnt.sc/uq18ei

Stryde
Moderator
 
Posts: 322
Joined: 9 November 2015, 02:17

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby yizhe » 30 September 2020, 14:02

The above issues have been fixed. Map has been updated.
Meep!
User avatar
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]
 
Posts: 208
Joined: 5 February 2014, 09:26
Location: Advance level editor

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yizhe-Ravage

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 5 October 2020, 17:55

Map is now approved.
User avatar
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator
 
Posts: 594
Joined: 13 August 2013, 16:52
Location: Greece.


Return to Approval Request Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



cron