[APPROVAL REQUEST]eow-sniper

[APPROVAL REQUEST]eow-sniper

Postby EOw » 15 September 2020, 15:32

-To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
-The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
-The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
-I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
-I have read and fully understand the Map Approval Rules: YES

-Map Name: A normal sniper map
-Map ID: eow-sniper
-Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/index.php? ... &id=972707
-Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/index.php? ... eow-sniper

-Give a brief description of the map: Multiplayer Deathmatch and Cooperative

This map contains 10 players, the guns are Sniper Rifle CS-YippeekiYay and Defibrillator.

-Why you think the map deserves to be approved: I do believe that this sniper map has been updated as much as it can.
-Any other comments: Na

EOw
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST]eow-sniper

Postby the red death » 15 September 2020, 16:50

I don't think that you read the requirement list carefully enough.
Why do I think so?
Well you seem to have ignored...

1. Map must be well-designed in appearence:
-Make sure your background walls are covered by regular walls so that the glowing edge effect is avoided.
-Start weapons must be placed inside players (do not place these weapons above players).

2. Keep the gameplay for approved maps natural and realistic for Plazma Burst 2:
-Allowed hitpoints for players are: 130 hp and 150 hp. Any other values are not allowed (ex. 145 hp is not allowed).
-Do not make rooms that are to large (to avoid spraying).
- Make sure everyone can move around key parts of your map (such as places where better weapons are located, enemy team location, camp spots), including players who play on a high physics setting and have no idea on how to sword jump, self boost and hold the X key (unless map is small enough for new players to see how older players are doing this). To test it, pick up defibrillator and try to reach every part of your map without pressing X and without trapping yourself in dead end zones (unless these are made as obvious death traps).

3. All maps also must meet some type of technical notes requirement before it can be approved:
-Validate wall placement. Bodies, grenades and weapons must not stuck between walls due to small overlap (recommended to test on "low physics" with "low FPS" settings).

4. Make sure your map is original and does not look like anything approved before (the way it is being played and design/atmosphere-wise).

So now the question...
Why do I think so?
So let's go throught the points step by step...

1. -The glowing edge effect can be seen pretty much anywhere on your map (spawn,corridor etc.)
1.1 -When spawning in, it can be clearly seen that the weapons are placed above the characters.

2. -The hitpoint values aren't allowed and with 500 hp pretty overkill...
2.1 -This map literally consists out of 3 large, very empty rooms stacked on eachother. Just spamming your gun here will bring you a lot of kills without even really trying it ---> this in return means, that you are going to be killed very often (mostly right at the regular spawn).
2.2 -You can't get up to the highest floor without at least knowing sword jumping.

3. -Pretty much none of your walls are overlapped , besides that the cover for the acid pool is too thin, glitching throught it by accident is way too easy.

4. -The map is blunt, boring and simply isn't visually appealing. It has no personality or uniqe trades, and the atmosphere is ... non-existant.

Here are some screenshots supporting my statements...

to 1.

to 1.1

to 3.

Points 2.1 and 4. are supported by the map preview already, no need to post it in here.

Read the requirement list again, and this time everything , repeat it if you didn't understand something or simply ask other mapmakers.
the red death
Recruit

Postby EOw » 15 September 2020, 16:53

I updated the map. I added:

-Shadows

-Decreased the health

-Removed the roof

-Removed the acid pool

EOw
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby the red death » 15 September 2020, 16:59

I updated the map. I added:

-Shadows

-Decreased the health

-Removed the roof

-Removed the acid pool

I looked into it again [17:59 CET] and the only change is the removal of the acid pool.
Everything else remains exactly how I described it.
the red death
Recruit

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 15 September 2020, 17:09

After i playtested the map i noticed the map has many flaws
Here are some of them below.
-Map does not work in coop
-You can reach out of the map
-End of the map is visible
-Lack of covers
-Walls are not overlaped
-Guns are on the air.

Before you request any map for approval make sure that you have read the requirements.
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24538

Map request not accepted.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Return to Approval Request Archive