Simple change for PB2 Map's Rating System

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Simple change for PB2 Map's Rating System

Postby Assassino Jack Black » 29 June 2020, 04:46

Problemn
Players can't rate or comment maps if they don't have 100 kills in approved matches, even if they are very experienced in the game and simply don't bother playing approved matches, i've seen this happen way too often.

Solution
The answer to this issue is already in the game, the 'new' levelling system could be used instead of the approved match kills to allow players to rate and comment maps, allowing players which are level 50 or above, maybe 100 or above, something like that.
This way players gain this ability just by playing the game however they want to play it but the 'experience' barrier is still there to avoid new players from judging maps without game knowledge.

Assassino Jack Black
Recruit

Re: Simple change for PB2 Map's Rating System

Postby Girl_Power » 29 June 2020, 05:20

I like your idea very much. There has been multiple topics made about this issue but none of them have been taken seriously by the staff. If the level feature doesn't allow us to do anything with it, then what's the point of having the level feature in the first place aside from bragging rights and showing who's addicted to the game?
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mrblake213 » 29 June 2020, 07:53

eh Eric would be the only one who can implement this.

But sure, I've already sent it to him. Just waiting for a response.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Nyove » 29 June 2020, 08:04

I thought you guys mean the LDR system... :(
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove

Postby Silk1 » 29 June 2020, 08:08

Don't you love when you make a new map and suddenly your ldr dropped like 20.
20+ ldr gang
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Girl_Power » 29 June 2020, 08:19

Silk1 wrote:Don't you love when you make a new map and suddenly your ldr dropped like 20.
20+ ldr gang

That's why good map makers don't make maps as often; they don't want their LDr to drop. This sort of discourages map makers to make new maps but I guess it balances out the LDr ratings.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 29 June 2020, 08:32

Why not both? I think the combination of both systems work best, imagine you are a player from 2012 or 2013 who doesn't play much these days but you still want to rate a map, I think it's fair.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 6 July 2020, 01:34

I just don't like how they try to throw (ranked) MP into the system. Lag is horrendous and besides that, there's hardly anyone online in ranked (I play in the US server). It's got nothing to do with rating maps. If you want the right to rate maps, then you had better know how to make one, not just play in one.
If the MP system is meant to make sure only experienced players are rating maps, then there are a lot of better ways to do this. The LDR system is an obvious one (and I know that people with at least 10 ldr can all rate maps). And also the leveling system as well. I mean, it uses something called EXPERIENCE POINTS after all, which you can get only by playing the game.

EDIT: I think this topic should be in the Website/PB2 category. I also made a similar post here if you want to see it: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=24149
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Other Ideas