Co-op Map Editing?

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Co-op Map Editing?

Postby LemonPie » 14 March 2020, 21:42

I have actually wanted this for a while and half-expected this to be a feature but I guess I need to address it since it isn't still here. So, is it possible to add a feature in PB2 where you can invite people to edit your maps/editing together with another person? Like google docs, for example, you can invite someone to help you edit. While obviously you are the leader and you can kick them out if you want. That would make map-making better, faster, and really innovative. What do you guys think?
Looking for a single player series that has action? Some cliff hangers to make you interested into my series and want more? Then I recommend you start playing Project Nexus!
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=lemonpie-project_nexus&id=692467
LemonPie
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Co-op Map Editing?

Postby Girl_Power » 14 March 2020, 22:16

I really wish this idea was implemented in the game. As you said, it would really speed up map developing as well as making it more effective and efficient. The only way for co-op map editing to work is to make the map open-sourced but then other people can just copy the map so...
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby LemonPie » 15 March 2020, 03:19

Girl_Power wrote: The only way for co-op map editing to work is to make the map open-sourced but then other people can just copy the map so...

Yeah but if you think about it, what you just said, is like the lazy version of "co-op editing" it's not even co-op editing since YOU are the only one whos going to work on a map.
Looking for a single player series that has action? Some cliff hangers to make you interested into my series and want more? Then I recommend you start playing Project Nexus!
http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=lemonpie-project_nexus&id=692467
LemonPie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Naitor » 15 March 2020, 23:07

Girl_Power wrote:The only way for co-op map editing to work is to make the map open-sourced but then other people can just copy the map so...

No, it's not the way you think it is, it's editing the map at the SAME TIME, not one per one.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over
Naitor
Recruit

Return to Level Editor