Why Ping warn???

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Why Ping warn???

Postby lobo branco » 25 August 2019, 03:59

Hello everyone it's my third post and i never have cried so hard before, but yeah... I'm UPSET and i need say some stuff that makes me feel better. Well Why we have this ping warning stuff? No serios WHY?!! WHY?!! WHY??!!.

Ahem this thing makes me die even more than my self in a saw map. Everytime i swords i die because of this server... Yeah i know i know It's so spensive to you keep a good server but i think the game could be better if Eric Removes this "PING Warning/Bad connection Warning". I'm from Brasil(I write with "s" because we write with "s" on portuguese), and giving that i am to far from Washington and i play this game since 2013-2014 i started with 12-13 and now well i have 20, and after years quiet supporting this MY PATIENCE IS OVER. I don't care remove this stuff from our screens please this make my screen lag, even more and when it back, well... i'm killed by the ghosts of the players in my vision or even fly i the Rp maps.... I know how difficult and hard is to make a game i am studying Analysis and systems development. I' tired of players saying that "You is a lagger/you are poor/get a better connection....". I play EVE online and i never have lagged... Of course i am comparing a Big company game with a SOLO indie game dev but pufff i'm tired ok? I have much more skills and knowlodge of how the game mechanics works in PB2 and i still need to Hear:That i have the fault of have lag and even had learned how to play with 300-1000 of ping HAHAHAHAHAHA. If one of these guys were in my place they prob would give up, or cry BUT I HAD THE PERSEVERANCE to keep trying every day... Because i am one of the most Active players that keep playing and showing up every time that i can!! PB2 have potencial and i saw this potencial since i saw it on some sites and started play. This was the first or second 2d web game that put shadow and light graphics enviroment on that age And it was made in c language that is a pain in the *** but he did it and i keep loving this game. But is time to change and fix your errors.(sorry for my bad english and grammal i'm to lazy to put virls and points on this)
Last edited by lobo branco on 26 August 2019, 02:49, edited 2 times in total.
lobo branco
Recruit

Re: Why Ping warn???

Postby meliante » 25 August 2019, 12:52

I'm agree with you.
I think you letting the game die.. we dont want a 2.5 update or 3.0. We want play the GAME without any difficulties and you don't do anything. its sad, but is the true.
meliante
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Eric Gurt » 25 August 2019, 17:14

I don't feel like asking young players for monthly server charges in order to keep old server. PB2 isn't a profitable project at this point, but it will continue to exist in one form or another.

meliante, if you believe protesting server change is the way - it is definitely up to you. Unfortunately I can't say the same about my connection to server. Though server changes can have effect of worse connection for some of far players.

In experimental version (where we test fan art submissions) I've moved notification from center of the screen, but I'm not sure if there anything more can be done to PB2 servers.

I could probably also suggest to try (and check if it works any better) the wired connection (compared to wireless wi-fi connection). And one more option - perhaps EU server will work better for you?

I believe there can be a difference in amounts of data per second between these games. Though I never played another one.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby tehswordninja » 25 August 2019, 18:13

I moved this to the correct forum section. Please don't post topics in the wrong sections again.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby lobo branco » 26 August 2019, 02:02

Eric Gurt wrote:I don't feel like asking young players for monthly server charges in order to keep old server. PB2 isn't a profitable project at this point, but it will continue to exist in one form or another.

meliante, if you believe protesting server change is the way - it is definitely up to you. Unfortunately I can't say the same about my connection to server. Though server changes can have effect of worse connection for some of far players.

In experimental version (where we test fan art submissions) I've moved notification from center of the screen, but I'm not sure if there anything more can be done to PB2 servers.

I could probably also suggest to try (and check if it works any better) the wired connection (compared to wireless wi-fi connection). And one more option - perhaps EU server will work better for you?

I believe there can be a difference in amounts of data per second between these games. Though I never played another one.

Thank you for read and give me and meliante a answer.

Ok i tried several times chage the server to EU but it just make the things even worst for me. Now about the wireless conection, i also tried and nope...

Welp i don't expect much more for PB2 server due what you said here and twitter and having the knowledge that you can't do much more about it. (But still is the server fault lol).

I know you not get any money for it so yeah we can't ask much ik is a free game we had the same problem with a space game browser that closed because they paid so much to keep the server running.

Well hope one day we could find a way to keep server free without have to pay lots of money and have ways to connect the players of world with no lag.

I have some ideias of game and also wanna try make a Total free game multplayer but that will be hard...

Well good lucky and i will still waiting to play pb2.5 if you plan let it free.

Good lucky in your games Eric so much success that pb2.5/3 be much more popular than the pb2. Thank you and have a great day/night!

OBS: i will keep playing not gived up yet. I still love this Game :). But the community of players are kinda not respectful yet so this much more the problem of the game right ow the server is supportable for me but the PLAYERS... They that make feel angry here not the server i just wrote that to say something and feel better but forgot of mention the Toxic players problem.

tehsworninja wrote:I moved this to the correct forum section. Please don't post topics in the wrong sections again.

Sorry for post in the wrong place i was to confused and put it here. My fault -.-'
lobo branco
Recruit

Postby Eric Gurt » 27 August 2019, 00:21

I've updated California server code slightly. Would be good to know your opinion on how connection works in comparison now. I think it probably didn't benefit much but it looks like it could.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby meliante » 27 August 2019, 01:38

Yes.. sorry for the said before Er.
The server is more faster and lag-out problem happens very rarely
https://prnt.sc/ox8tpk
F the game. F
meliante
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Eric Gurt » 27 August 2019, 13:22

I'm still tweaking it. One more new version is live now.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Return to Website / PB2 Game