Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: Approved DM/TDM Maps: Grenade Refill

Postby phsc » 30 April 2019, 16:58

Give grenade type A to a player who kills B amount of players

much better
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 30 April 2019, 17:01

I like this idea but i think it would be better the grenade to refill based on how much time you are alive and not based on kills with this way player who dont die will get rewarded.

Like:
1 min 2 HE grenades
2 min 1 Teleport grenade
3 mins 1 Shield grenade
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby phsc » 30 April 2019, 17:20

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:I like this idea but i think it would be better the grenade to refill based on how much time you are alive and not based on kills with this way player who dont die will get rewarded.

Like:
1 min 2 HE grenades
2 min 1 Teleport grenade
3 mins 1 Shield grenade

this is already possible

you can verify if a player is dead, when he is dead you check for when he is alive again and when he is you activate a timer that deactivates when he dies
post that you can clone grenades onto a region for each player, or move them with a limit if you want syncing though i am unsure about how syncing with grenades works, if a player who joins after a player picked up a cloned grenade and stored it in his grenade bar, does these grenades exist for said player? and if they dont, will throwing a grenade throw force some form of syncing? idk
and simple as that

buuuuuuuuuuut lets make things simpler
give grenade type A to a player that survives for time amount B
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Incompetence » 30 April 2019, 21:54

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:I like this idea but i think it would be better the grenade to refill based on how much time you are alive and not based on kills with this way player who dont die will get rewarded.

Like:
1 min 2 HE grenades
2 min 1 Teleport grenade
3 mins 1 Shield grenade

you might get people trying to hide away somewhere to stock up on grenades if it works based on time spent alive, which could slow the game down. passively given rewards always encourage/force people to play passively

personally I think it'd be better to tie this to kill count. it rewards skill this way and good players won't die anyways if they manage to consistently kill other players. but more options is a good thing so why not have both actually? maps can pick neither, either or, or it could have both at once to make a map more chaotic and fun
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Website / PB2 Game