Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Do you think we need a new Staff team in PB3?

Postby Wasted Time » 14 April 2019, 01:38

I figure I should throw in some input in this post. For the most part, I will just be adding onto certain pieces you have all stated or giving feedback or reasoning towards others.

Jason Eden wrote:You all might have noticed that staff members can no longer perform their duties the way they did before...

Most of the current staff who are currently on the team have been on the team for five or more years, (albeit with a break or two in between) but with those years we have also progressed on with our lives in the real world and have pursued new things in life such as education, work, or just basically adulting. Not everyone has the same situation but they all have their own one, not all of us are trying to put in our hours into this game constantly, that would be unhealthy but I do agree that activity has dwindled.

Jason Eden wrote:Sometimes they are acting superior to regular users and sometimes they discuss prohibited topics in the chat (p*rn/dr*gs/etc. conversations).

If you feel that you are being mistreated by a staff member in some way or someone else is please report it to an administrator or Eric Gurt himself, same goes for the prohibited content in chat. Note: If you seriously take offence to be called a jerk, you need to evaluate yourself and see if you really deserve access to the internet because it only gets worse from there...

Jason Eden wrote:We, as a community, should be authorized to decide if we want them in the Staff team of PB3 or not.

This in itself does seem nice but is completely untrue, you should not be authorized to decide if you want people in the staff team or not, you could be asked to include your input, but you will never have the final say, that will always be reserved to Eric Gurt and the staff team.

Jason Eden wrote:Staff job is super easy. Anyone can learn all the necessary information regarding moderation in less than 1 hour. Don't use this "argument" in your defense... You had a lot of applicants. Just because your team did not accept anyone doesn't mean that it was a failed recruitment. You scuppered it...

Everything that @Phsc said for this I would agree with completely, do not assert yourself in the situation that we have to go through when you have not once dealt with it, not every situation is simply one repetitive procedure. We are not robots when it comes to this, we put in our judgment and continue without bias on the situations at hand and make sure everything is set out in a nice fluid way and that we get the situation resolved as best as we can, this will continue into the next part.

Jason Eden wrote:Your job is to make us follow the rules and this topic does not break any.

That is not our only job, you make it seem like we are only here to punish others if they break any rules, we are also here to regulate and make sure that people are having the best possible time they can on the site. This includes people who also breach the Code of Conduct in the event that they make an appeal.

Jason Eden wrote:But no wonder, Doomwrath is the same as you, Tempus visits PB2 like once in a month and Kiriakos just doesn't care.

As I have stated above some of us have our own lives to attend to, and you saying Kiriakos just doesn't care just shows how much you actually know about the situations... He is currently in the military for his country and does not have the time to apply time and this is not by choice, but the spare time he does have he devotes it to being on here if anything I would wholeheartedly say he is currently the best admin in my opinion at the moment.

I hate to say it but you are truly ignorant towards everything you're talking about in this situation even though I can tell you're trying to bring awareness to something and attempt to help the community which I do appreciate but you clearly lack the knowledge to even discuss it without coming off as misinforming those who read your replies. Yes, there is inactivity that much is known throughout the community, but everything you are trying to recommend and argue is just uneducated.
=============

When it comes to the Code of Conduct, I see that a few of you are saying that some of the rules, such as free posting and one word posting should be changed to make it more generalized and I agree it is kind of silly for people to be punished for this and so I think that we should enact some leniency when it comes to situations like that. We will be looking into amending the current Code of Conduct in the future. Note: Thanks to @ZapruderFilm and @Hikarikzae for pushing the idea more.

If you have any questions regarding the Code of Conduct or feel as if you have any ideas to help amend it please message a staff member such as myself.

If you have any feedback for any staff member (good or bad) you can send it to them directly or send it to an administrator, I will see about getting an anonymous messaging service back up in case people feel as if they want to give feedback but do not want to expose themselves.

And lastly when it comes to the staff team recruitment, maybe we can see about having some of the applicants be viewed by the public and have their feedback whether it is anonymous or not, I personally don't see a problem with it, I will bring it up whenever we decide we need to in the future. But remember that the final say will only be given to the staff team and Eric Gurt.
Wasted Time
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Incompetence » 14 April 2019, 08:13

ZapruderFilm wrote:
Incompetence wrote:
eru_ wrote:If zap will be removed from staff then there will be no siegmayer or life forum

you know those two things are mutually exclusive, right? you can have those things even if zap isn't in the staff

Considering I coded both the live forum feed and Siegmeyer, I mean, theoretically, however good luck finding someone else willing to pay for the servers that run these services.

you say that as if the existence of the feed and siegmeyer is tied to the event that you are or aren't a staff which isn't how it works; that's just a correlation with no bearing on uptime. it can be paid for, independent of the position of the person paying for it, staff or not. you even indirectly say the same
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Jason Eden » 14 April 2019, 09:34

Wasted Time wrote:Most of the current staff who are currently on the team have been on the team for five or more years, (albeit with a break or two in between) but with those years we have also progressed on with our lives in the real world and have pursued new things in life such as education, work, or just basically adulting. Not everyone has the same situation but they all have their own one, not all of us are trying to put in our hours into this game constantly, that would be unhealthy but I do agree that activity has dwindled.

If you cannot devote time, then you're not needed here. Hire new members and leave the team.

Wasted Time wrote:If you feel that you are being mistreated by a staff member in some way or someone else is please report it to an administrator or Eric Gurt himself, same goes for the prohibited content in chat. Note: If you seriously take offence to be called a jerk, you need to evaluate yourself and see if you really deserve access to the internet because it only gets worse from there...

Wow, you're going to teach me, cool, thank you. This is exactly what I needed right now - to be taught by Wasted Time. Thanks man. Thank you so much. On a serious note, I'm okay with people being offensive to me, they are children afterall, they don't know what they are doing. What I'm not okay with is that the member of a staff team does it, when in the rules it clearly says that users should not say offensive things towards each other. Rules don't apply to the staff team members? So if you're in staff you can not follow the rules, alright, cool.

Wasted Time wrote:This in itself does seem nice but is completely untrue, you should not be authorized to decide if you want people in the staff team or not, you could be asked to include your input, but you will never have the final say, that will always be reserved to Eric Gurt and the staff team.

If you read my OP again, you would notice that I said: "Eric will listen to us if we all come to the same or similar conclusion". Read carefully next time.

Wasted Time wrote:Everything that @Phsc said for this I would agree with completely, do not assert yourself in the situation that we have to go through when you have not once dealt with it, not every situation is simply one repetitive procedure. We are not robots when it comes to this, we put in our judgment and continue without bias on the situations at hand and make sure everything is set out in a nice fluid way and that we get the situation resolved as best as we can, this will continue into the next part.

I was in the team. I know what I'm talking about.

Wasted Time wrote:That is not our only job, you make it seem like we are only here to punish others if they break any rules, we are also here to regulate and make sure that people are having the best possible time they can on the site. This includes people who also breach the Code of Conduct in the event that they make an appeal.

Your team breaches the Code of Conduct. I'm not having a good time. Can you help me with that?

Wasted Time wrote:As I have stated above some of us have our own lives to attend to, and you saying Kiriakos just doesn't care just shows how much you actually know about the situations... He is currently in the military for his country and does not have the time to apply time and this is not by choice, but the spare time he does have he devotes it to being on here if anything I would wholeheartedly say he is currently the best admin in my opinion at the moment.

As I have stated above: leave the team if you cannot find time to do the staff job.

Wasted Time wrote:I hate to say it but you are truly ignorant towards everything you're talking about in this situation even though I can tell you're trying to bring awareness to something and attempt to help the community which I do appreciate but you clearly lack the knowledge to even discuss it without coming off as misinforming those who read your replies. Yes, there is inactivity that much is known throughout the community, but everything you are trying to recommend and argue is just uneducated.

I hate to say it but you're the one who is ignorant. I do not need you appreciation. I need you to get the hell out of the team.

Wasted Time wrote:When it comes to the Code of Conduct, I see that a few of you are saying that some of the rules, such as free posting and one word posting should be changed to make it more generalized and I agree it is kind of silly for people to be punished for this and so I think that we should enact some leniency when it comes to situations like that. We will be looking into amending the current Code of Conduct in the future. Note: Thanks to @ZapruderFilm and @Hikarikzae for pushing the idea more.

Yeah, let's just fill the forum with useless one word posts and freeposts. Eric would be proud. Keep up the good work, team.

Wasted Time wrote:If you have any questions regarding the Code of Conduct or feel as if you have any ideas to help amend it please message a staff member such as myself.

Yeah, I have an idea. How about you start following the rules written in Code of Conduct instead of cancelling the the ones you don't like to follow?

Wasted Time wrote:If you have any feedback for any staff member (good or bad) you can send it to them directly or send it to an administrator, I will see about getting an anonymous messaging service back up in case people feel as if they want to give feedback but do not want to expose themselves.

Really? Man, I didn't know that. Thank you for telling me. Seriously, I already tried. They don't care because they are as incompetent as you are.

Wasted Time wrote:And lastly when it comes to the staff team recruitment, maybe we can see about having some of the applicants be viewed by the public and have their feedback whether it is anonymous or not, I personally don't see a problem with it, I will bring it up whenever we decide we need to in the future. But remember that the final say will only be given to the staff team and Eric Gurt.

Yeah, that's the problem. You're not a good staff team but at the same time only you decide whoever will join it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, so to sum things up about the staff team reponses:
1) You admit that you're being quite inactive, but instead of hiring new memebers and demoting inactive ones you sing the most popular in staff team song called "We are not robots".
2) You one word post and freepost filling the forum with useless information. Instead of warning those who do it, you cancel the rules you've broken. Okay, then why did we even have those rules for 8 years? That's the question.
3) I blamed ZapruderFilm of saying offensive words he was not allowed to say as it is stated in Code of Conduct. His reply was "I am allowed to call people jerks". Alright. By the way he deleted his replies, so check the logs if you don't believe me or ask him. I don't think he is going to lie to you. So the question is: is Staff team allowed to call PB2 users jerks? Here it states they are not:

4) You talk about prohibited subjects such as p*rn and dr*gs. As we can see here, it says it is not allowed:

What will you do about that? Oh right, cancel all the rules you don't follow. If you cancel so many rules, then maybe we should cancel the entire Code of Conduct? No, really, let's do that. People don't seem to need it much as they say it in this topic. Let's cancel it and see how it turns out.

P.S. I also noticed the raise of overall staff activity recently. So I suppose you're just waiting until someone starts complaining about you and only then you start demonstrating the proper level of activity. Can't you just be active all the time? Without waiting until I make topics like this? it's not hard to keep such level of activity, don't you see that?

Don't take my words as insults. I'm just trying to return good old times with competent active staff members who never break the Code of Conduct. With staffs who were reading posts carefully before making judgemenet. With staff who were taking their duties more seriously. Good old times. Don't you understand that things won't change in PB3 unless if you all make correct conclusions right now? You will keep breaking the rules and be inactive in PB3 if you don't change yourselves today.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby mrblake213 » 14 April 2019, 11:57

Ahm well this has been a nice topic.
You're talking about rule breaches in the PB2 Code of Conduct as if you're talking about real life laws and courts.

imo, I currently have no problems with how the staffs behave in Discord.
I'm pretty sure these rules were strictly enforced in the game, website, and site chat before the discord was online.
Overtime, the rules in Discord were pretty much relaxed and flexible.

Other than that, I think that the admins could find the time to hire new staff team members and not replace every single one of the current staff. I do understand that they have their own lives and couldn't dedicate 100% of their time of effort to the game anymore but we shouldn't just brush off what they did and offer in the past few years on where PB2's activity was off the charts.

Players can't see their activity back-end. They are still putting their own efforts and what they can in the game.
I personally think that you shouldn't judge people just because you see their mistakes, you don't know what they're doing behind the game.

“If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you've made, if they don't realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” - Steve Maraboli
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby generaltahsin » 14 April 2019, 12:28

ZapruderFilm has recently retired.
F

Edit: Uh, why are you guys debating with people who you haven't even seen their face before? Does that really make sense to write essays about people on the Internet? Well if you didn't know, no one cares who says what to anyone here because it is Internet. Stop wasting your time writing paragraphs that will not change anything. F Zapruder and his forum feed bot.
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Jason Eden » 14 April 2019, 13:03

generaltahsin wrote:ZapruderFilm has recently retired.
F

Very good. He did not belong to the team. It would be better without him.

generaltahsin wrote:Edit: Uh, why are you guys debating with people who you haven't even seen their face before? Does that really make sense to write essays about people on the Internet? Well if you didn't know, no one cares who says what to anyone here because it is Internet.

We are debating because there is a problem that has to be taken care of. If you don't care about problems of PB2, if you don't want to make things better in this community, then what are you even doing here? Get the hell out.

generaltahsin wrote:Stop wasting your time writing paragraphs that will not change anything. F Zapruder and his forum feed bot.

1) "Will not change anything"
2) "ZapruderFilm retired".

Yeah, no changes at all. Do you notice any changes? I don't.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby generaltahsin » 14 April 2019, 14:24

I wasn't going to waste my time writing this but your post was too absurd that I couldn't help myself.

We are debating because there is a problem that has to be taken care of. If you don't care about problems of PB2, if you don't want to make things better in this community, then what are you even doing here? Get the hell out.

Oh boy, you started with me trying to stop the argument and came to the conclusion that I don't care about this community. But 2 players can play this game too, buddy.

You started the debate and heated it with accusations which had no proof behind it and now you are saying that I don't care and like this community just because I tried to stop the argument. Zapruder left because of you and no one has asked for this. You are making this community worse.

See? It's just so easy to write like that. I can begin writing with saying you're a human and end it with saying you're a dolphin and it will make sense. Stop deluding yourself and trying to fool others with that writing technique. In this case I'm not trying to fool anyone because it's the truth (maybe not the zapruder part tho not sure)

1) "Will not change anything"
2) "ZapruderFilm retired".

Yeah, no changes at all. Do you notice any changes? I don't.

Well, the paragraphs were all about how wrong you are so that's why I said "paragraphs will not change anything".

This will be my last post in this thread unless someone writes a more absurd post which is almost impossible.
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Jason Eden » 14 April 2019, 15:05

Resi wrote:Btw: The discord server's rules are different and Eric won't do anything about it because it belongs to Doom, not Eric.

But link to the Discord server is on the official PB2 chat page. Official PB2 chat rules are supposed to apply there too, no? Since Eric approved the creation of it for his game, the rules for it should be written somewhere too. Current Code of Conduct only has general chat rules. Also it's quite weird that Eric let Doom create the server and did not do it himself. In case if Doom decides to do something stupid, Eric will not be able to stop him as he can do it on his website.

generaltahsin wrote:dolphins

Very well, thank you for your input. You can go now.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby mrblake213 » 14 April 2019, 15:24

Jason Eden wrote:But link to the Discord server is on the official PB2 chat page. Official PB2 chat rules are supposed to apply there too, no? Since Eric approved the creation of it for his game, the rules for it should be written somewhere too. Current Code of Conduct only has general chat rules. Also it's quite weird that Eric let Doom create the server and did not do it himself. In case if Doom decides to do something stupid, Eric will not be able to stop him as he can do it on his website.

To quote from myself,
"I'm pretty sure these rules were strictly enforced in the game, website, and site chat before the discord was online.
Overtime, the rules in Discord were pretty much relaxed and flexible."

I think the 'site chat' that the CoC refers to is the original website chat that you see and not the Discord chat but then it is listed in #info-rules that the CoC still applies there with more relaxed and flexible moderation.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Jason Eden » 14 April 2019, 15:37

This is where it states that official PB2 rules apply to the Discord server.

And the link leads to official PB2 rules - http://plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&p=194384
And the "relaxed" part does not state that you can break the rules. It only states that instead of giving warnings, Staff can simply ban the rulebreaker.

Official PB2 rules apply to official PB2 Discord server. Question answered.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Tempus » 14 April 2019, 18:00

Hello everyone,

First of all the reason this topic will be locked is due to it targeting the PlazmaBurst team. This topic should be discussed with the admin team or if you want to go higher the First Main Administrator (myself) or higher Eric.

I don’t mind discussion regarding our performance or what you think we can do to better your experience here. I have a problem when things develop into targeting members or yelling at us telling us our jobs is easy. I’m not going to go into detail about what each member does or who is busy with their real life. Take me for example, I am usually online every other day, I have discord on my phone and can be contacted rather easy. My pc however is at my other house until Tuesday when I go down here.

I want everyone to know that on the 17th I will be hosting a staff meeting (this was announced before I read this thread). And the team is going to tackle issues that were brought to my attention. Additionally topics regarding our future as a team etc.

If you want action from the team, contact an admin. Kiri, doom or myself. We are here to help you.

If you think this topic should be reopened please contact me.
Last edited by Tempus on 14 April 2019, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I unlocked the topic, was messaged by a user. Only reason I locked it was to prevent drama etc. But feedback is welcome regarding staff. Thank you
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Kostadin 8 » 15 April 2019, 21:11

Resi wrote:
Jason Eden wrote:Kiriakos just doesn't care.

?

He's super nice, and whenever I PM him stuff, if he gets the chance he answers and looks into it.

Even if he's usually busy he seems to be a pretty cool guy.

yea but he fits more as a mod not an admin
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Hikarikaze » 15 April 2019, 22:05

generaltahsin wrote:Zapruder left because of you and no one has asked for this. You are making this community worse.

Nah, Zap was very kind enough to clarify that Jason wasn't why he left in the joke of a resignation note he left behind

I could list so many ironic things going on with this note but it's better if I don't say it. All I can say is it's right for me to say good riddance
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Hikarikaze » 15 April 2019, 23:17

Resi wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:
generaltahsin wrote:Zapruder left because of you and no one has asked for this. You are making this community worse.

Interesting. I remember a lot of trouble that Tempus caused some... years ago. He really changed as soon as he got the admin status.

Well... a lot of people complained, but now a retired mod is complaining in the present...

I wonder if Eric will do anything about this?

Yeah, there's no doubt there's legitimate issues going on, especially with the whole "staff intending to use the bot I made" thing and Temp being inactive, but that was the reason this topic existed in the first place. But to complain about complaints the size of "novels" and claiming to not have the time to read them just to then write a novel sized complaint itself for others to read is well...ironic and frankly hypocritical. Aside from that it definitely sheds some light on what's been going on behind the scenes lately though.

I was going to try to give some more feedback/suggestions but after that closing comment on Zap's note, I don't see why I should do anything if that's the responding attitude I'll keep getting just for being considerate enough to share my concerns in a friendly way.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby generaltahsin » 16 April 2019, 18:52

m

why is everyone quoting me

I already said I might be wrong about the zap part and I'm fortunately wrong.

m
generaltahsin
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Guide » 17 April 2019, 00:54

I dont think we need a new staff team but the current staff needs to change for the better in a way I can't explain.
Guide
Recruit

Postby Civil_Boss » 17 April 2019, 09:30

I wouldn't necessarily say "create a new staff team" but rather exclude the ones breaking their own 'Code Of Conduct'.

As the release of Plazma Burst 2.5/3 brings a new audience in the current Plazma Burst community, it'll be a good decision to give them a good impression of this community, the current staff team definitely isn't "great" as it comes to their activity rate, and their overall behaviour when it comes to general discussion, as stated by the other users that have mentioned their behaviour in this following post.

After the exclusion of these unworthy staff members, it's advised to accept the users that have applied for your staff recruitment that deserve the role of moderation.

Hey guys, did you miss me?
Why don't YOU edit my signature?
Civil_Boss
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby BLAST3R » 17 April 2019, 19:06

We don't need a new staff team, this game is slowly losing players and staff can't do much about it. The only reason we have topics that are left unanswered is that the game doesn't have enough players. When pb3 comes out it will hopefully bring a lot more players like in the golden days of pb2.
Then we might need more active staff or more staff members, not necessarily a new staff team.

(Yes I missed you Civil Boss.)

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Guide » 17 April 2019, 23:25

So I was doing some thinking about this again and thought maybe there needs to be more guidelines for staff to follow. Some stuff like if a staff member is inactive for a few weeks without reason they'll be punished/demoted or that if that dont meet a certain quota of moderation like responding to 5% of the tickets/reports (I say 5% because of the game's changing activity and the amount of staff members also that i wasnt sure of what percentage). I also think the one that would have to act on this should be Eric and not an Admin. The admins all have their flaws and they themselves have to follow the regulations/guidelines. The problem with Eric doing it tho would be that pb2 isn't his primary focus with his real life being a thing and that I think he gets little to no money from pb2.
Guide
Recruit

Postby Guide » 18 April 2019, 00:38

Well I'm not sure if that should be available to the public. I forgot to add this but another reason for the percentage would be that a staff member may nkt be doing reports and tickets much because of a project theyre workin on to help the whole community as a whole.
Guide
Recruit

Previous

Return to General Discussion