If PB2.5 Came Out Today, How Excited Would You Be?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: If PB2.5 Came Out Today, How Excited Would You Be?

Postby Kostadin 8 » 10 April 2019, 02:15

eru_ wrote:Currently , pb2 is the best game ever played , even though it's toxic community and etc , when pb2.5/3 releases , it's like a new dimension will be added , this will be more intresting that any kind of game , i think i'm hyped to see pb2.5/3 more than hl3 or gt7 or any game else

yeah because youve never played hl2 before pb2 came out
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby mingo1 » 10 April 2019, 18:56

I'm pleased with the responses from a variety of people, those who are quite new and those older.

For some, the waiting has gotten to them, and for others, the release of 2.5 would excite them a lot.

Thank you all!

:D
mingo1
Administrator

Postby AnnieFushi » 10 April 2019, 20:16

as well people keep playing sh*t maps, like stryde sniper and paul308 base, it will be the same thing over and over and over... I dont care if pb2.5 never comes out. with this community, it will be the same thing but in 2.5 dimensions and better effects. and less gun spam that could be pretty nice.

AnnieFushi
Recruit

Postby phsc » 10 April 2019, 20:53

i like the community it would be nice if 2.5 came out thats it love yall
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Albzter » 11 April 2019, 22:06

It's not exciting at all but will the community upgrade? It's shit and retarded toxic kids will keep staying and there will be more of them that's what making the game worse most of them are in base maps.
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
Albzter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wreak » 12 April 2019, 00:36

Jason Eden wrote:I will most likely feel upset. I'm afraid new game won't bring any changes to this community.

1) People will just keep playing and making sh*tty maps like jason eden-mb1, jason eden-rvb1 and jason eden-rvb2.

I said something like this a while ago I can't remember the topic. We shouldn't have maps from pb2 converted to pb2.5, I am also a bit worried that maps might just be the same from pb2 which will end pb2.5 faster then it should.

Jason Edon wrote:2) There won't be any changes to the current staff team, which as much as they do their job they are not the best and could have improvements mostly regarding quantity of members and activity levels.

I honestly don't see a huge issue with staff. Only problem is how unresponsive they can be sometimes especially since staff don't look at reports.

Jason Eden wrote:3) Code of Conduct will remain the same. I want it to be as strict as it was in the beggining of PB2 existence, when you couldn't swear, doublepost/freepost, etc. But it will never be like that again.

This could very easily be changed during pb2.5. Doomwrath even said "The Plazma Burst 2 Team reserves the right to amend or update these rules at any time with or without notice." on the code of conduct.

Jason Eden wrote:4) Toxic PROs will keep singing about how cool they are because they are in top 20.

Who cares if someone is bragging; I can just ignore them or in rare cases if I am the mood, challenge them into a friendly 1v1. However they should add a feature to ignore players in game so you can't hear then talk.

Jason Eden wrote:5) BCLD top will be filled with people who make terrible, but popular among retards maps (just like now).

I don't know that abbreviation/word. But as I got older, I recently started to relearn and really understand why people play awful looking maps. It's easy to remember the ID (sometimes), simplistic, and its fun. It doesn't matter how good a map looks or what cool little features it has, if its too complicated for the average pb2 player to understand then it won't get a lot of votes. This doesn't mean don't make complicated maps, but simply maps should be easy to grasp or give a detailed and understandable guide to the player.

Jason Eden wrote:6) Official PB3 chat would most likely be dead because people got too used to 3rd party software like Discord.

You're most likely right, but that's nothing to stress over. Discord simply provides many features that a official chat might not bring. I seriously don't think it would hurt pb2.5 or pb3 anyways.

Jason Eden wrote:7) Eric would probably not pay enough attention to advertising of his game, so the community will remain relatively small, or become big but will die very quickly.

pb2 at one point was very popular flash game. I think if eric advertises it as much as he did pb2, pb2.5 would still get a really good community size. Also eric doesn't have to advertise by himself...

EDIT: pb2 really only had crowded servers for its first 2 years. After 2013, pb2 started going on a decline

Jason Eden wrote:8) People will keep creating meaningless clans that have no mission, no strict rules/requirements, no requirements for views of members (what they believe in, who they are). We will most likely never have clans like GSA or EKAT again. Instead of them, we will just have numerous copies of Dark clan.

We don't know what will happen. It may not be like GSA or EKAT but I doubt it will only be a bunch of clans with no website or chat. You also have to realize this game doesn't rely on clans (not saying it shouldn't have clans).

Jason Eden wrote:9) Guest feature would probably not be removed and there won't be a need to use your actual e-mail to register an account, so people would just keep creating alts or play as guests to remain anonymous. Which is bad too.

Don't really care that much if people play anonymous. The most they can do is trash talk.

Jason Eden wrote:10) People will keep creating stupid topics like this one instead of discussing something actually worth a discussion. No, we will just get lots of new forum games and topics like this:

lol, from what I am looking at it. We been scraping the bottom of the barrell for a while. That's why people are creating the most random of topics. I am pretty sure once pb2.5 comes out we will be talking about the actual game and its reviews.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby phsc » 12 April 2019, 17:30

ok mr jason time to refute you completely, again, as i always do with the powers of logic!

Jason Eden wrote:I will most likely feel upset. I'm afraid new game won't bring any changes to this community.

as ben sha(b emooji)iro says, FACTS DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS

Jason Eden wrote:1) People will just keep playing and making sh*tty maps like Stryde-sniper or Paul308-base or Mrnat444-coi, but in 2.5D.

your opinion! mrnat444-coi is amazing and your maps are crap mr jason eden! the invisible hand of PB2 has decided what maps are popular, adapt to it or dont be popular like... all map makers I consider great MRNAT INCLUDED

Jason Eden wrote:2) There won't be any changes to the current staff team, which is, as you already know, terrible at doing their job.

why? youre blindly assuming it, you cannot predict human action my dude

Jason Eden wrote:3) Code of Conduct will remain the same. I want it to be as strict as it was in the beggining of PB2 existence, when you couldn't swear, doublepost/freepost, etc. But it will never be like that again.

yes lets worship pinochet together tiamnamen square 1984 supreme leader stalin! we are all insects and we need the big state!

Jason Eden wrote:4) Toxic PROs will keep singing about how cool they are because they are in top 20.

toxic map makers that suck will keep singing about how cool they are becuase they are narcissists!

Jason Eden wrote:5) BCLD top will be filled with people who make terrible, but popular among retards maps (just like now).

oh noes a ranking based on popularity is IN YOUR OPINION terrible! oh no! PB2 must adapt to the lovely spoiled child!

Jason Eden wrote:6) Official PB3 chat would most likely be dead because people got too used to 3rd party software like Discord.

MAYBE BECAUSE DISCORD JUST MIGHT BE BETTER, maybe the ACTUAL FREE MARKET DECIDED IT IS

Jason Eden wrote:7) Eric would probably not pay enough attention to advertising of his game, so the community will remain relatively small, or become big but will die very quickly.

not a problem, big doesnt mean good, small doesnt mean bad, i like it as it is rn

Jason Eden wrote:8 ) People will keep creating meaningless clans that have no mission, no strict rules/requirements, no requirements for views of members (what they believe in, who they are). We will most likely never have clans like GSA or EKAT again. Instead of them, we will just have numerous copies of Dark clan.

meaning is subjective! a clan doesnt need a mission! GSA was ridiculous back then and anyone could join imo it was the equivalent of DARK CLAN but it had some orders

Jason Eden wrote:9) Guest feature would probably not be removed and there won't be a need to use your actual e-mail to register an account, so people would just keep creating alts or play as guests to remain anonymous. Which is bad too.

guest is a good feature, it allows players to playtest the MP to see if they truly like it, anonymous people are not bad and you even changed your accs so youre a littel bit hypocritical mr eden BUT not only that, a possible argument that can be made is that people can just use guest mode n abuse but eric now saves guest IPs n other info! amazing!

Jason Eden wrote:10) People will keep creating stupid topics like this one instead of discussing something actually worth a discussion. No, we will just get lots of new forum games and topics like this:

Y
O
U
R

O
P
I
N
I
O
N

that topic is nice though imo, and the vast majority also thinks its quite nice so... the game isnt personally made for you mr eden!
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby maxim12 » 12 April 2019, 20:19

Would probably be excited, but not that much like how it would have been 3 years ago.

Honestly, I do seriously think that Eric needs to consider to put Plazma Burst 2.5 in steam, that would make the game increase on It's popularity, and that would somehow bring it up how Plazma Burst 2 has been in It's Prime "Golden" times.

Man the nostalgia is real, back when I joined the community it was tons of fun with all that crazines of ideas that people came up for their maps, not really the same as how it was back then, nowadays everyone is just stuck in that sniper maps phase.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 12 April 2019, 21:28

phsc wrote:YOUR OPINION

opinions can still be wrong
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby phsc » 12 April 2019, 23:57

Kostadin 8 wrote:
phsc wrote:YOUR OPINION

opinions can still be wrong

do you have autism

its HIS OPINION which is wrong, and im being overly ironic on the other comments btw, jason eden is a complete idiot, his brain is pure necrotic tissue, he ignores my arguments because he lacks reason, he literally doesnt accept the fact he abuses logical fallacies n does a lot of other wrong shit

STAFF KEEP IN MIND KOSTADIN IS A FRIEND OF MINE THAT IS JUST IRONIC AS CALLING HIM AUTISTIC ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO OFFEND HIM
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby superfrank1004 » 13 April 2019, 01:18

Meh I wouldn't be as excited like I was when PB2.5 was first announced. But I would still play it if I feel the same nostalgia when I started playing pb2 when it released.

superfrank1004
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby taktisch » 13 April 2019, 13:38

Eh, I guess. I'd play it for a while, then I'd quit due to how boring and unattractive PB2 is compared to what it used to be when I first played it. Atleast I'll feel like a kid again, for a while.
Yo.
taktisch
Recruit

Postby Wasted Time » 14 April 2019, 02:00

@Phsc, Still try to remain respectful towards others even if you do dislike them. If you can't find something nice to say or feel as if it would get you in trouble then don't say it.
Wasted Time
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby phsc » 14 April 2019, 02:37

Wasted Time wrote:@Phsc, Still try to remain respectful towards others even if you do dislike them. If you can't find something nice to say or feel as if it would get you in trouble then don't say it.

please tell me when i was disrespectful? i dont get it? is that what youre trying to say?

it could be about kostadin, he is a friend of mine and autism isnt a bad thing, i mean offense is subjective but ill ignore that concept just to play on your rules, autism isnt an offense and it is not as in to offend someone such as calling someone a "deliciously exquisite pizza sauce" or as jason eden does it a "insect", autism can be something positive even, very likely newton was autistic, very few people would say he was dumb, but its more our society destroying the term, atusim is literally just being slighty different when you think about it, its not positive or negative, that is up to interpretation more than using something common sense thinks is bad, and just because our society corrupted a term into the point of it being used as a negative characteristic of vaccination by those tinfoil hat people, it does not mean it is a negative thing, only that people lack knowledge about it

but i dont think that was what you were trying to say, i think its about jason eden

is he a lunatic? lunatic itself is not a bad word, so stay with me, what even is lunatic?
A person who is mentally ill (not in technical use).
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lunatic

and so, lets talk about jason eden, is he mentally ill? yes, not in technical use, exactly that, so as narcissism is defined on the DSM5, he fits in it almost perfectly, there are free pdfs and i think the free google preview of DSM5 has the part that talks about it, but it is not in a technical sense because these disorders are not technical, and very likely narcissism wont be on the DSM6, and just to let you know, on the DSM3 and earlier being gay was a illness

maybe you are talking about another thing i said i do not remember but i would be curious to what it is

and just going to mention that if jason eden is the problem, he many times called people worse things, with the intent to offend, many times calling others insects which is just to imply jason>you as he is much bigger (makes sense with his narcissistic personality disorder, thats how they tend to offend others many times but it does mean he is it just adds a little bit of sauce on the top of it) and this isnt an argument as it would fall by the tu quoque fallacy

so i didnt understand what you were trying to say

"If you can't find something nice to say or feel as if it would get you in trouble then don't say it."
this makes no sense, why does one need to say something nice? first that is subjective but i will ignore that too, why? lets say someone is really bad at map making and i tell that person "you suck", that isnt nice, i may or may not dislike the person it does not matter, its not like my intent is to offend the person yet express the fact i think that person is bad at map making, is that a offense? just an example of how this could fail

and there is no reason why i shouldnt say it, pb2s rules doesnt mention anything i said as offensive, at most swearing which is removed, and there is a lack of definition for what "offensive" means on the rules which is a major problem as it becomes full arbitrary and depending on the person that is judging and thus its not objective and a not effective rule, and i really think that if its about the disorder thing, as autism can be considered one, its not a offense, but then im not even sure about what youre trying to say

and just to stay on topic, i think this is a problem i would have with 2.5, rules, and well, maybe staff as a negative thing so i kinda agree with jason? but then i dont know what wasted time wanted to say so i considered many possibilities
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Wasted Time » 14 April 2019, 03:05

@Phsc I could care less about your technicalities and you trying to find a way through a warning when you could have simply moved on or DM'd me, you're banned for a week due to previous bans and multiple verbal warnings and your previous official warning will remain.

This will remain here for anyone else who thinks it would be smart to try and come up with something like this, you will get the same exact treatment. Be reminded that you should either DM the staff member who warned you and refrain from going off track by arguing with them on the post you were warned on.
Wasted Time
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby DoomWrath » 15 April 2019, 02:54

Personally I have moved on from 2D games, and video games generally. I'm so out of practice I don't think I'd be able to enjoy PB2.5 as I once could have - so I'd probably give it a go, enjoy as much of it as I could, and move on happy it had finally come out.

I think I'd help with certain community things, get them moved over or set up for PB2.5 if necessary. Then, I'd go back to running the PB Discord and leave it at that. Moderating the rest of PB2.5 can be left for those much more willing to give it a shot, if those people actually exist.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Zemai » 15 April 2019, 06:38

I was kinda agreeing until this point.

Free speech ftw.
Spoiler: Show More
Zemai
Recruit

Postby taktisch » 16 April 2019, 09:22

The hell are you trying to do? Are you trying to censor 90% of the PB2 community?
Yo.
taktisch
Recruit

Postby ToxicGamePL » 18 April 2019, 14:36

In one of Eric Gurt's twitter posts, he said that Plazma Burst 2.5 is "quite" close to being finished. That post was made around three months ago, meaning that PB2.5 is probably very close to being finished, this is the main reason I'm still hyped / excited for 2.5.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/21cdnjl.png[[/img]

generaltahsin wrote:Well uh, Eric said he almost completed PB2.5 a while ago and now he is working on PB3 (probably) so this could be real anytime.

I think you misunderstood the reply here. It means that Eric will work on Plazma Burst 2.5 after it's released, so in the future it will become PB3. I don't know if I'm being right here, but my guess is that PB2.5 is some sort of beta / early access for Plazma Burst 3, or at least it's looking like that.
ToxicGamePL
Recruit

Postby Zemai » 24 April 2019, 12:19

I think what you are all forgetting is that sometimes eric gurt is a living meme.
Zemai
Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion