Password Trigger System (and other useful stuff)

Tutorials and guides for Plazma Burst and community features.

Re: Password Systems (and other useful stuff)

Postby Oriental » 7 March 2019, 12:35

Jason Eden wrote:
Oriental wrote:Do you know how to make the rainbow sky?

+ I find this map the most useful and alot of effort than some helpful maps I found, it's really great how u keep updating actively this is how the maps should be nowadays.

Thanks man. What do you mean by "rainbow sky"? Please be more specific.

The trigger that changes the hex color of the sky.
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Password Trigger System (and other useful stuff)

Postby Jason Eden » 7 March 2019, 13:08

Oriental wrote:The trigger that changes the hex color of the sky.

Yes, I get it. But how exactly the "rainbow sky" trigger system should work?

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:Yes, thats what i meant, its actually pretty cool

Glad I could help you. Let me know if you need anything else.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Oriental » 7 March 2019, 16:44

Jason Eden wrote:
Oriental wrote:The trigger that changes the hex color of the sky.

Yes, I get it. But how exactly the "rainbow sky" trigger system should work?

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:Yes, thats what i meant, its actually pretty cool

Glad I could help you. Let me know if you need anything else.

I meant something like
Example :
The sky color becomes red then it's slowly becoming blue then it's changing again my grammar do suck but just asking for a suggestion.
Oriental

Postby Jason Eden » 7 March 2019, 16:54

Oriental wrote:I meant something like
Example :
The sky color becomes red then it's slowly becoming blue then it's changing again my grammar do suck but just asking for a suggestion.

That's a quite impractical thing. If I add a day/night cycle instead, would it be okay for you?
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Oriental » 7 March 2019, 17:06

Jason Eden wrote:
Oriental wrote:I meant something like
Example :

That's a quite impractical thing. If I add a day/night cycle instead, would it be okay for you?

Oh yes the day/night cycle one I'm looking for that for so long please make that I even made a topic about that thing tbh I can't make it because I'm not really that good at using variables.
Oriental

Postby phsc » 7 March 2019, 22:52

May I ask, what is this tutorial for? what is it tutoring in? showing off your creations? wouldn't this be the wrong area to post?

Most of this stuff is not being teached yet just shown off, this is not what a tutorial does, and even then, the content which you use are already mentioned in many tutorial posts, such as Max Teabag's introduction to variables, and many other simple things.

Still, pretty nice, nothing that is impressive from my eyes, all relatively simple triggering with variables and all, and other stuff are mostly stolen or taken from other places, such as the turrets from Eric's map, the sign from Mrnat's map, etc, but I guess great.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Jason Eden » 8 March 2019, 15:38

Update 08-03-2019:
21) Added day/night cycle.

Oriental wrote:Oh yes the day/night cycle one I'm looking for that for so long please make that I even made a topic about that thing tbh I can't make it because I'm not really that good at using variables.

Okay, added it. But just like I said in your topic it does not look natural/realistic because PB2 engine is not meant for something like this. I also have a feeling that it makes the map more laggy. Anyway, if you want to test it out, you can change the frequency of these two timers (for example - "10" for first timer, "90" for second timer).
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Spartan 138 » 9 March 2019, 08:56

Great ideas added with the second map OS2. I see a lot of these uses in singleplayer however. The mounted minigun feature is a great addon, and I think I find a small issue with the minigun feature is that when holding the minigun in hand and leaving the area the psi blades get deactivated.

BoZ Clan
PB2 Account
YouTube Account
Spartan 138
Recruit

Postby Jason Eden » 9 March 2019, 09:18

Spartan 138 wrote:Great ideas added with the second map OS2. I see a lot of these uses in singleplayer however. The mounted minigun feature is a great addon, and I think I find a small issue with the minigun feature is that when holding the minigun in hand and leaving the area the psi blades get deactivated.

Thanks Spartan. I could try to fix that issue with the minigun, but it would make the trigger system overcomplicated and I aim to make my trigger systems as simple as they can be to make them easy to be understood/modified by other users. Plus, you can just use a mouse wheel or a num key to switch back to swords/other weapons when you leave the mounted minigun area. So is this a really serious issue and a good reason to overcomplicate the simplest trigger system? I don't think so.

By the way people, I still accept ideas for OS2. If you have one, post it here and I'll see if I can add it.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby AssaultScout » 9 March 2019, 12:14

If i copy your whole map and make it as a Hotel Map, Would you mind?

AssaultScout
Recruit

Postby Jason Eden » 9 March 2019, 13:53

AssaultScout wrote:If i copy your whole map and make it as a Hotel Map, Would you mind?

Do whatever you want with my maps. I don't mind.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 9 March 2019, 18:25

I will assume you did not read my other comment and not comment about the fact that you cannot refute a single argument made by me on this forum to this day.

Anyway, now I am going to give credits to the original creators of all these concepts.

1) Skin changer - extremely simple, there are way better ones made by other plays, ditzy-custom comes to mind but I think Civil Lite has a similar thing as most mapmakers do but this is really simple compared to these.
2, 3) Message/zoom to specific player - Mrnat, even has a forum tutorial on it, unsure if he was the first to do that but it is also quite intuitive viewtopic.php?f=126&t=20592
4) Teleport gun - this is so old I have no idea of who did it, in the secret areas of my phsc-base2 there is one, very likely made in like late 2014 if the trigger actions were already in the game or somewhere in 2015, one of the first things I did when they came out, also really simple.
5) Boost gun - literally a single trigger action
6) Nuclear missile - Literally silent phoenix-missile but it is made in 2018 instead of... 2014? 15? I don't know when he made it.
7) Door - You don't give argumetns for why they should be used in approved maps, they are not synced so if one player joins right after another opened it the door is closed for the new joined player etc, and it is also extremely common but I think it was first used in some map by Eric or something.
8 ) Controllate turret - Literally eric gurt-turrets but it is slighty changed so the turrents are on do nothing and they use a region that moves to your cursor as target and then fire in specific scenarios.
9) Explosive turret - Literally eric gurt-turrents but it explodes when they die! yikes!
11, 12, 13) Elevators - How many times has this been done before.
14) PM thing - I think Max Teabag has a video or a tutorial on this but I think he was the first to use it too, anyway I might be wrong then this is in theory original as in the form of a tutorial yet not as a concept, also quite simple.
15) Revive thing - yikes! a single trigger using the concept used above to detect the chat!
16) HP check - Really simple and should be more common, I did not look on how you made it but there are many methods all simple, can be done via checking HP(then I think stryde gets the name for being the first at it because I remember a long time ago he made some SP map that I did some weird things with related to HP and then he added a anti-cheat system that verifies the players HP) and if it is slot no idea but like for sure earlier than idk 2012 or something.
17) Password system - This has been done before, with and without vars for sure, maybe names do not come to my mind, but as a visual thing that is quite fancy, while it is different, the number submitting on giraray-riddle1 and further maps, which not only are more complex and in my opinion cooler, but are also in theory do the same thing but I do not remember if he uses vars, very likely does, still the visuals are kinda creative even though it is clear that it was based out of real-life panels and I get a calculator vibe from it.
18) Explosion on player - I think that one of these 300 tutorials that kill players who say something do it, but it is also really simple and uses same concepts.

19) Sign - Mrnat made it, at least you credited him, not sure if he made it open source at some point but even then it is not really complex like many of his other trigger systems.
20) Mounted minigun - Eric made it on eric gurt-spider_traps, Mrnat has also used it twice in his maps the WW1 one and the fancy as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce sky one I forgot the name of.
21) Day/night cycle - I was almost sure Darkstar made one public as a test map, or Mrnat or someone like them, but I do not remember, it can be in Darkstar's google drive or something, but even then it was also done many times.

So well, all comments on creativity are in my opinion invalid, also most of these are forum tutorials or open sourced maps, I do not see much use in this other than the possible ones I mentioned in my previous comment which I do not think should make it a tutorial yet a single player map, but I guess you can keep talking to your friends and making so they comment here so you get publicity that gets rates and then create more "tutorial" maps instead of putting it all into a big thing for easy LDR, receiving some kind of pseudo-praise to feed your gigantic narcissistic ego in a flash game, but not a problem I guess, the day you can make something that is actually complex, useful and new is the day I will respect you as a map maker.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Jason Eden » 9 March 2019, 19:19

Update 09-03-2019:
22) Added an airstrike gun.

If anybody runs into issues with an airstrike gun, please let me know about it. It is still being tested. It might not work for players with high ping. But I tested it with a guy who had 300 ping and it worked fine, but with a little delay.

Still accepting ideas for further updates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 09-03-2019:

22*remove) Airstrike gun. Removed airstrike gun due to game bugs.
21*fix) Day/night cycle. Now upon each restart in COOP gamemode, the sky hex goes back to default one instantly without delay.

Removed the airstrike gun. It works for 5 guys, but doesn't work for 1 guy. It seems like there is a game bug appearing when you move a region to your cursor, then use "move region relative to its current position along Y" and then send a door to it. The region has a 50/50 chance to detect the door when it reaches it. I'll see if I can add some other way to detect the door. But as for now, the gun is removed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 10-03-2019:

22) Added a new version of airstrike gun.

Again, if anybody runs into issues with the airstrike gun, please let me know.
Last edited by Jason Eden on 10 March 2019, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby kubakuba » 10 March 2019, 17:37

Wow Open Source [2]
A lot of hard work, useful things for map makers.
I Ioved the airstrike gun
We are only human

kubakuba
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 10 March 2019, 18:12

phsc wrote:May I ask, what is this tutorial for? what is it tutoring in? showing off your creations? wouldn't this be the wrong area to post?

Most of this stuff is not being teached yet just shown off, this is not what a tutorial does, and even then, the content which you use are already mentioned in many tutorial posts, such as Max Teabag's introduction to variables, and many other simple things.

Still, pretty nice, nothing that is impressive from my eyes, all relatively simple triggering with variables and all, and other stuff are mostly stolen or taken from other places, such as the turrets from Eric's map, the sign from Mrnat's map, etc, but I guess great.

I think that topic is in the tutorial section because its open source which means other map makers can see how its dont which its very usefull especial for new map maker I dont see why that is bad.

Spoiler: Show More
phsc wrote:I will assume you did not read my other comment and not comment about the fact that you cannot refute a single argument made by me on this forum to this day.

Anyway, now I am going to give credits to the original creators of all these concepts.

1) Skin changer - extremely simple, there are way better ones made by other plays, ditzy-custom comes to mind but I think Civil Lite has a similar thing as most mapmakers do but this is really simple compared to these.
2, 3) Message/zoom to specific player - Mrnat, even has a forum tutorial on it, unsure if he was the first to do that but it is also quite intuitive viewtopic.php?f=126&t=20592
4) Teleport gun - this is so old I have no idea of who did it, in the secret areas of my phsc-base2 there is one, very likely made in like late 2014 if the trigger actions were already in the game or somewhere in 2015, one of the first things I did when they came out, also really simple.
5) Boost gun - literally a single trigger action
6) Nuclear missile - Literally silent phoenix-missile but it is made in 2018 instead of... 2014? 15? I don't know when he made it.
7) Door - You don't give argumetns for why they should be used in approved maps, they are not synced so if one player joins right after another opened it the door is closed for the new joined player etc, and it is also extremely common but I think it was first used in some map by Eric or something.
8 ) Controllate turret - Literally eric gurt-turrets but it is slighty changed so the turrents are on do nothing and they use a region that moves to your cursor as target and then fire in specific scenarios.
9) Explosive turret - Literally eric gurt-turrents but it explodes when they die! yikes!
11, 12, 13) Elevators - How many times has this been done before.
14) PM thing - I think Max Teabag has a video or a tutorial on this but I think he was the first to use it too, anyway I might be wrong then this is in theory original as in the form of a tutorial yet not as a concept, also quite simple.
15) Revive thing - yikes! a single trigger using the concept used above to detect the chat!
16) HP check - Really simple and should be more common, I did not look on how you made it but there are many methods all simple, can be done via checking HP(then I think stryde gets the name for being the first at it because I remember a long time ago he made some SP map that I did some weird things with related to HP and then he added a anti-cheat system that verifies the players HP) and if it is slot no idea but like for sure earlier than idk 2012 or something.
17) Password system - This has been done before, with and without vars for sure, maybe names do not come to my mind, but as a visual thing that is quite fancy, while it is different, the number submitting on giraray-riddle1 and further maps, which not only are more complex and in my opinion cooler, but are also in theory do the same thing but I do not remember if he uses vars, very likely does, still the visuals are kinda creative even though it is clear that it was based out of real-life panels and I get a calculator vibe from it.
18) Explosion on player - I think that one of these 300 tutorials that kill players who say something do it, but it is also really simple and uses same concepts.

19) Sign - Mrnat made it, at least you credited him, not sure if he made it open source at some point but even then it is not really complex like many of his other trigger systems.
20) Mounted minigun - Eric made it on eric gurt-spider_traps, Mrnat has also used it twice in his maps the WW1 one and the fancy as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce sky one I forgot the name of.
21) Day/night cycle - I was almost sure Darkstar made one public as a test map, or Mrnat or someone like them, but I do not remember, it can be in Darkstar's google drive or something, but even then it was also done many times.

So well, all comments on creativity are in my opinion invalid, also most of these are forum tutorials or open sourced maps, I do not see much use in this other than the possible ones I mentioned in my previous comment which I do not think should make it a tutorial yet a single player map, but I guess you can keep talking to your friends and making so they comment here so you get publicity that gets rates and then create more "tutorial" maps instead of putting it all into a big thing for easy LDR, receiving some kind of pseudo-praise to feed your gigantic narcissistic ego in a flash game, but not a problem I guess, the day you can make something that is actually complex, useful and new is the day I will respect you as a map maker.

And again its nice to have all theese in one map so other can make them too.

phsc wrote:The moment you know you've won is the moment you get ignored.

Also please dont go offtopic.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby phsc » 10 March 2019, 18:24

Not only he does not give the original creators credits people are also praising Jason for creativity which he has zero of.
I am not going offtopic, Jason Eden has been ignoring my comments and critics for a long time I am just mentioning the fact he cannot refute a single point I make because he is completely narcissistic but it also happens for him to have a low IQ or just be ignorant in general, this is not an ad hominem this is just me stating facts, I'm not trying to offend him.

And even then, the ones that have tutorials are of course better because it focuses on it, but the biggest critic as the praise he is getting for such simple things which he didn't even make.

It is like Edison getting the credit for what Tesla created, etc.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 10 March 2019, 18:59

phsc wrote:Not only he does not give the original creators credits people are also praising Jason for creativity which he has zero of.
I am not going offtopic, Jason Eden has been ignoring my comments and critics for a long time I am just mentioning the fact he cannot refute a single point I make because he is completely narcissistic but it also happens for him to have a low IQ or just be ignorant in general, this is not an ad hominem this is just me stating facts, I'm not trying to offend him.

And even then, the ones that have tutorials are of course better because it focuses on it, but the biggest critic as the praise he is getting for such simple things which he didn't even make.

It is like Edison getting the credit for what Tesla created, etc.

I praised jason because he colected all theese triggers actions and worked on that and the reason is to help others too i dont see where the bad is(yes other map makers have make other trigger systems too but having all of them in 1 map is good).
You can state facts if they are on topic and they dont insult others
If jason wants to ignore you its an option that jason has.
Also if you believe that im wrong here dm me no need to go offtopic here
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Jason Eden » 11 March 2019, 08:44

Update 11-03-2019:
20*fix) Mounted minigun. Fixed issue that was causing repeating gun pick up sound when you stand near the mounted minigun, but not close enough to take it.

Still accepting ideas for further updates, folks.

Update 11-03-2019:

23) Added a C4 gun.

Let me know if you find any issues with C4 gun. It is still being tested.

Update 11-03-2019:

23*fix) C4 gun. Removed 1 unnecessary timer and 1 unnecessary trigger.

Update 12-03-2019:

24) Added a slightly modified synchronized randomizer from map (eric gurt-sync_demo).

Update 14-03-2019:

Topic locked.

Update 18-03-2019:

Topic unlocked.

00) Minor fixes in OS1 and OS2.
25) Added a paralyzing laser that can be disabled and enabled.
26) Added a slightly modified fly gun from map (soldier2 3 3-test73).
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Soldier2 3 3 » 18 March 2019, 13:47

Soldier2 3 3

Postby Jason Eden » 19 March 2019, 13:53

Soldier2 3 3 wrote:Hmmmm......
New designs and that random sky is this?
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=413890

This is map demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=tamap-test2013812

Are you advertising a map or asking a question about how it works? I don't get it.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials