It happened again...

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

It happened again...

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 31 December 2018, 14:35

Another error

Oops :O

450 - Page will not be displayed (until forever)

This page is unavailable for you with following reason:
Suspicious activity was detected from your IP address. If you do not know what could cause blocking, contact this e-mail: [email protected]

You was not supposed to appear here, but if you are here, then seems something gone or made wrong.

[ Try again ]

Access error ID: 176878

the first time it happened, it was a bug or glitch, and now it happened again.
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: It happened again...

Postby Eric Gurt » 31 December 2018, 15:22

It looks like you've been running not a game file that is located on PB2 website (or ever was). What was it and where you got it from?
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 31 December 2018, 16:27

a mod called the PB2 sound and music improvement mod, i got it from eru_'s discord, a person called combine made the mod public, i wanted to see if i could play multiplayer with awesome music, but i got version mismatch instead.

These are all the details i have

Also does this only happen for multiplayer? Or playing the mod is gonna get people banned?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby combine2005 » 31 December 2018, 16:38

nah playing the mod not gonna get people banned
playing multiplayer on the mod gonna get the people banned

combine2005

Postby Eric Gurt » 1 January 2019, 03:18

Yes, I'd advice to not enter multiplayer mode in modified version of the game and for modders - to additionally block possibility of entering it (usually I also tell same whenever modders are asking for permission. Could be that eru_ forgot that or didn't expect anybody would spread his modification).

Game got a plenty of anti-cheat measures since it's initial release. Any game code altering while entering Multiplayer mode will pretty much trigger these.
Work it harder
Make it better
Do it faster
Makes us stronger
More than ever hour
After our work is never over.
Eric Gurt
PB2 Developer

Postby ditzy » 1 January 2019, 08:13

Hey Eric, I have a question while we're on the topic of anti-cheats.

Why are players kicked out of a match if their health is set above the maximum limit using the "Set char A current and max hitpoints to B"? Is it actually the result of one of the anti-cheat measures?
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 13 January 2019, 17:26

ditzy wrote:Hey Eric, I have a question while we're on the topic of anti-cheats.

Why are players kicked out of a match if their health is set above the maximum limit using the "Set char A current and max hitpoints to B"? Is it actually the result of one of the anti-cheat measures?

And nobody answerd
also im not american so i cant spell that good.
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby darkstar 1 » 13 January 2019, 17:37

ditzy wrote:Hey Eric, I have a question while we're on the topic of anti-cheats.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 14 January 2019, 12:40

darkstar 1 wrote:

cheat engine is useless now.
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby phsc » 14 January 2019, 15:13

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
darkstar 1 wrote:

actually it isnt but ok

as if you had the MEGA HACKING SKILLS to change hp value in pb2 cuz its not thaaat simple(it is but getting to the value not that much)

>memories from my dark sad past
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 14 January 2019, 22:58

phsc wrote:
MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
darkstar 1 wrote:

actually it isnt but ok

as if you had the MEGA HACKING SKILLS to change hp value in pb2 cuz its not thaaat simple(it is but getting to the value not that much)

>memories from my dark sad past

since getting kicked for having more hp than max hp is a thing, why not either:
A) Make your guns do insta-kill
B) Set everybody hp to 1 or even 0
C) Practice and git gud.
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby Civil-Lite » 15 January 2019, 00:43

Then your map will be a total waste otherwise, Bravo.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby phsc » 15 January 2019, 01:50

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:since getting kicked for having more hp than max hp is a thing, why not either:
A) Make your guns do insta-kill
B) Set everybody hp to 1 or even 0
C) Practice and git gud.

refuting time

A) this doesnt work, i can make so my guns do an absurd amount of damage, and on my screen the enmies health bar will make so they are dead, but what happens post that is that the game sicnes with the enemy players client, thus taking its hp and putting it back, but the damage each gun does is client oriented too, so if someone kills me and picks up the hacked gun, that person will shoot me, for them the gun will do normal damage but i will still die

B) this doesnt work for the same reason, i can make so everybody is contantly dying or with 0 hp on my client, but it doesnt work for other peoples clients

C) i actually could be called a pb2 legend by a few, i was a pretty high skilled player and was really good, i did probably join the hardest clan to join and i did beat many people on 1v1s, and i have a kd of 8 with 1000 kills that was achieved in honest ways according to pb2s rules

you can still do a lot of stuff with cheat engine, such as lets say, consntatly set you hp to the normal value it has, so if you take a bullet that doesnt one shot you, you will recover that health value and i dont think the game verifies for that, you can also create a method that checks for hp difference and resets it when you take damage, but the big problem with this is when you die your health will reset and that would break the game
someone could also make a way out of that, turning off the constant hp set or even maybe changing way more advanced stuff related to it, and thus still being able to hack the game

so pb2 is still hackable, i wont teach how because i am someone who prioritizes order and the main reason i did that hacking tutorial was so eric would need to fix the hacking system and i talked to him and he did, twice, the ends justify the means and i guess im some form of pb2 terrorist?
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ECC9 » 24 January 2019, 14:16

Can somehow happen that you get banned from this forum lol ?
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to General Discussion