The Subscribe Button

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

The Subscribe Button

Postby Minilion » 18 July 2018, 10:33

This button will help alot for some players. An example, when i find a good and nice level developer and i want to play all his new maps but i alaways should check his profile to see is an map published and i get idea for subscribe button.

It will works like when someone press it and subscribe to profile, he will get notification in inbox when user publish a new map. This could make Plazma Burst become a like "social" game and website. I think this should work :)

Minilion
Recruit

Re: The Subscribe Button

Postby GiraRay » 2 December 2018, 20:19

This might actually be a pretty good idea to encourage map making.
I believe that implementing a subscription feature to the PB2 website would make players compete for subscribers and attention. This would add competition to the PB2 mapping community and people would thrive to make better and better maps. I think it might even increase the player activity in PB2, singleplayer and multiplayer.
The only thing I'm afraid of is that this *might* increase the toxicity of the PB2 community, although I'm not sure.

With all of this said, I recommend there to be ABSOLUTELY NO SUBSCRIPTION-BASED TRIGGER ACTIONS. You should not be able to offer exclusive advantages to subscribers within your map.

As an addition, I think you should have the ability to manually notify your subscribers with map updates and releases, recommendations or other, instead of it happening manually (for example, you wouldn't to notify people about a tiny hotfix in your map.)
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=giraray-riddle1&id=826345
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby eru_ » 4 December 2018, 11:46

I agree , it can be a cool idea
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Mr jaks nes » 14 July 2019, 01:18

One of the best idea i have ever ever seen

As a map maker, i would love to not to dm everyone about my map and tell them that i made a new map, a subscribe button will be nice, especially if you can notify your subscribers about something like "i'm gonna make a new map, any ideas" and ask them something like this, i really recommend that for the next pb2.5 or at least this pb2.
Mr jaks nes
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ctxranger » 14 July 2019, 02:14

Agreed, this is a very simple and basic idea that should've been there from the start
Last edited by ctxranger on 14 July 2019, 13:59, edited 1 time in total.
ctxranger
Recruit

Postby Build » 14 July 2019, 04:09

Yeah also map demonetization should be added that it won't affect your ldr when people rate your map.

Also copy strike maps when someone copies a map.

then ends up becoming youtube
No, for real it sounds like a good idea to me tho.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby nightmar » 30 August 2019, 01:26

I was thinking about it too. Since I am a fan of Defensive but I can't know when he publishes a new map, I find this idea great.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Website / PB2 Game