What on Earth happened to this game?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What on Earth happened to this game?

Postby shaddicnadur » 31 October 2018, 02:56

I remember playing it loads back in 2013, (not on this account, lost original), and there's no one on at all.
It's kinda sad, this game was the bomb diggity.

shaddicnadur

Re: What on Earth happened to this game?

Postby taktisch » 31 October 2018, 11:47

People moved to better and more optimized games. It's pretty obvious what happened, you can probably know everything by looking at the playercount. People just moved on.
Yo.
taktisch
Recruit

Postby Tortoise » 31 October 2018, 12:19

To be fair, this game is pretty old. Like, there are AAA titles that are as old as this game and have less people playing them. Nothing really happened to the community, most people have just moved on.
https://youtu.be/0c1u5zspRzA
Tortoise
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby clown killer » 1 November 2018, 14:18

yeh this game has been around for 7 years and ppl thought they could get an update namely pb2.5 in 2016. What happened after they are still waiting now in 2018, we're almost in 2019 so they just move on to other games.
clown killer
Recruit

Postby phsc » 1 November 2018, 17:01

its pretty simple, just ask this question

why how and when would who play pb2

why: its a game its supposed to be fun, it isnt the most fun game ever, it is kinda repetivive, the level editor is amazing but it takes a lot of time, so the time/result scale isnt good, if you want to play thing by others, the community isnt that big so less good people making good things

how: its a flash game, flash is dead, its a browser game, not mobile or steam or etc, its doesnt have a big...

who: public? kids, kids will do what you tell them to do most of the time, what you show them, they wont think oh this looks bad i want another thing because they dont know what is good and what is bad most of the time, they havent experienced enought to have a good concept of what they like and what they dont like, so if they see fortnite, yikes, fortnite, in a general way really active and flashy game that is entertaining for kids, and then we have pb2, a game where you cant just dance or just build, the level editor is kinda complex some times, kids dont like complex stuff
so its a game for mostly either kids that for some reason arent playing fortnite: mostly caused by bad computers, parents who dont want them to do mainstream stuff yet still use the internet, yeah not a big public, or old people that found this when flash games were a thing, when they were kids

when: 2018, game was releaced in 2011, 7 years, in 7 years of playing the same game it kinda goes really boring, unless its a constnat change thing, like MOBAs, it will die, or a game made mostly by the community such as minecraft, with many possibilities, even tho we do have the level editor which is why the game lasted for more than one year

theres also another factor: pb2.5, its a new game using the same things as pb2.5, what i think will happen is: it gets released, old people go in, not that much new people go in(depends on how eric is spreading it, if he adds it to steam or smth it might be really popular), and then after not a long time the old people stop playing it because they dont get as entertrained from it

so yeah i think i explained it pretty well
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 7 November 2018, 06:07

dead compared to what it was EE
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby lostmydollar » 9 November 2018, 23:55

After playing this game for 7 years i still enjoy it. Level editor is still awesome and community is mostly friendly.

No idea why there is so much salt from people who yell "pb2 is dead" yet keep playing it everyday
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 10 November 2018, 02:09

lostmydollar wrote:After playing this game for 7 years i still enjoy it. Level editor is still awesome and community is mostly friendly.

No idea why there is so much salt from people who yell "pb2 is dead" yet keep playing it everyday

calling people salty because you're avoiding the truth
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Roxxar » 10 November 2018, 09:25

lostmydollar wrote:After playing this game for 7 years i still enjoy it. Level editor is still awesome and community is mostly friendly.

your entertainment and the ingenuity of the public level editor system does not equate to this game being active beyond the scope of those who frequent it
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby exiler » 10 November 2018, 23:39

Roxxar wrote:

your entertainment and the ingenuity of the public level editor system does not equate to this game being active beyond the scope of those who frequent it

Kostadin 8 wrote:calling people salty because you're avoiding the truth

What a defense against hope. Maybe you should try to abandon your overarching pessimism and appreciate the game for what it currently is instead of what it used to be. Yes, it had a more popular following in the past, but the fact that its player-base diminished doesn't mean the entire game went down the tubes.

exiler
Recruit

Postby Roxxar » 11 November 2018, 22:46

im not pessimistic about this game; i literally praised its level editor in that one relatively-cynical sentence alone

in fact, im not even arguing against the present and current state of the game as it is now. im simply stating that this game is beyond its peak activity levels as it was 6 years ago, and people still playing it does not mean its going to/should be active again. you yourself even mention it, in that this game USED to be popular and no longer is. i'm fine with that; its an old game on an old engine with fairly old mechanics. thats not to say it's bad, it's just old.

again, not a bad game nor am i even saying it is; it's just old and people move on.
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby jakanddaxter » 7 January 2019, 10:53

I know old thread. but I played this game when It pretty much launched back in the day with about 3,000 active users US. No guest option at the time, your user name and in game name didn't event have to match. The games population has died down because of age. Its just what happens. Plus now with mobile being such a big thing, most will just play a money grab mobile. If they could make a mobile version of the multiplayer it would probably do great again. The game has changed a lot of the years and yet very little has actually changed. Personally I'm still weighting on a follow up for that cliff hanger ending but it is what it is.

jakanddaxter

Return to General Discussion