Grenades again

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Grenades again

Postby LazyRain » 6 September 2018, 18:18

Do you remember my grenades arts two years ago? It's here. Well, that's were not all grenades. I did more than that and now I wnat to show what I have. I mean not only new ones. You could already see some grenades earlier. I have marked new grenades in green color just in case.

Plasma
Spoiler: Show More
This grenade In a second after a throw forms a plasma arch around itself and blows up at contact with any object or a surface. More powerfully than the C-00n.

Drag it.

Promoxity Mine
Manufactured by CS. Nothing special.

Shrapnel
Manufactured by CS. The grenade scatters a large number of splinters after explosion.

Cluster
Manufactured by CS. The grenade at explosion scatters 11 tiny spheres which are blowing up at any contact.

Vortex
Manufactured by Usurpators. This grenade forms a strong air vortex, capable to hold and twist in itself enemies or other objects for 5 seconds. Can hang in mid-air just like the shield grenade.

EMP
Manufactured by Humans. The grenade stuns vehicles and androids (or enemies with this type of armor) for couple of seconds and causes them some damage.

Flashbang
Redesigned a little. I guess you do know how it works.

Gravy / Pusher
Instead of standard explosion it pushes everything from itself in a certain radius. 2 variants.

Acid / Poison
The grenade contains strong acid capable to corrode even strong armor. It causes damage during some time and also leaves a poisonous cloud after explosion for 5 seconds. The poison effect can be weaker in water. Most effectively against poorly protected biological characters. Less effectively against big vehicles.

Napalm / Fire
The grenade contains sticky and easily flammable liquid which is lighting up at explosion. Burning temperature is rather high to arrange a bath to owners of heavy armored suits or to melt electronics of small drones. It causes damage during long time and also scatters napalm on walls and surrounding objects. Doesn't work in water but can set fire on its surface. Most effectively against poorly protected biological characters. Less effectively against vehicles.

Freeze / Cryo / Slow
The grenade contains sticky liquid which chemical composition allows to lower temperature of objects to which it contacts. It is too weak to completely freeze a character but strong enough to slow it down. Power of slow effect depends on protection of a character. Explosion in water forms ice crystals which disappear after a while. Most effectively against poorly protected biological characters. Less effectively aginst vehicles. I have 2 variants of it.

Electro / Shock
At explosion it generates the powerful electric discharge capable at the same time to hit several targets in a certain radius. If near one of the target in the radius equal to 75% of the previous, there is one more target (or more), then it (they) will receive the electric blow equal to 75% of the previous amount of damage. Speaking more simply, the charge of electricity can jump on the closest targets, but only twice.

A-Mass
A homing grenade. Recolored. Manufactured by Usurpators. After a throw it flies with small speed to the closest enemy, rotating and bending around obstacles. At contact with the enemy it clings to it, pulls it down and blows up upon termination of lifespan. Grenade's lifespan is 8 seconds.

Falkonian homing grenade
Another homing grenade. After a throw it opens and flies with normal speed to the closest enemy, rotating and bending around obstacles and projeciles. Its lifespan is 6 seconds.

Seeker
Tiny homing drone manufactured by Androids. After a throw it is attached to the nearest surface and ride on it to the nearest target with fast speed. Having reached the target, it jumps on it and blows up. Also it can make short jumps during its way, ride at any angle and swim. These gray parts is rotating when grenade is moving. Lifespan is 5 seconds.

Virus grenade MK2
Unlike the previous variant, this grenade doesn't break up into parts, and behaves as the virus drone. It has more health, does more damage and can jump higher and more often. Also it can cling to walls. Lifespan is a little less than virus drone.

Death
Based on darkstar1's Atom destroyer V6. The topic The grenade works similar to the Shield grenade except two things. First. It has radius equal to one third of the Shield Grenade. Second. It deals damage equal 1000 HP / second. Lifespan is 15 seconds.

Barrier
The device after a throw is attached to a wall and releases the beam identical to bubble of the shield grenade. Lifespan is 40% of the Shield Grenade's lifespan.

Laser
Manufactured by Usurpators. The device after a throw is attached to a wall and releases the laser identical to decorative laser which deals some damage. Lifespan is the same as above.

Smoke
At explosion releases a cloud of smoke hiding behind itself all but walls. Adjustable smoke color.

Paint
The grenade paints walls and objects in the color which it contains. Two variants. Adjustable paint color.

Shuriken
It is based on technology of Psi-swords. Flies faster than usual grenade, but is subject to gravitation influence too. At contact causes some damage and destructs. The color depends on color of swords of the activator.

Spikes
It is based on technology of Psi-swords. The device after a throw is attached to a wall. If something has got on it, then it releases psi-edges and in 5 seconds self-destructs. The color depends on color of swords of the activator.

Bear Trap
It is based on technology of Psi-swords. The device after a throw is attached to a wall. If something has got on it, then it activates spiky edges on each side and slams them, immobilizing the got object. After that self-destructs in 5 seconds. The color depends on color of swords of the activator.

Water
It cleans walls and objects from blood and paint.

Snowball
Deals 0 damage. Just for fun.

Actually I have a few more ideas, but I'll show them next times.
Last edited by LazyRain on 7 September 2018, 20:02, edited 2 times in total.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Grenades again

Postby VIP84 » 6 September 2018, 21:35

I really like these, i love the bear trap the most. ill give them a 11/10
VIP84
Recruit

Postby Albzter » 7 September 2018, 19:17

Oh wow that's a lot of hard work right there.
Goodjob bro.
Was formerly a T-ROBOT, im an Elite Grub now
Albzter
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Mr jaks nes » 13 September 2018, 20:04

I would be surprised if you maked them all because they look aawesome
Mr jaks nes
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby boom5 » 14 September 2018, 02:08

These are some AWESOME concepts for the game.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.” - Patrick Henry
boom5
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Obt » 14 September 2018, 02:28

Falkonian grenade is a fidget spinner ( jk jk ) I really liked these, very creative. Good job dude
Obt

Postby tehswordninja » 14 September 2018, 02:30

Certainly some really unique ideas in this post, and while I doubt many of these would be well suited for gameplay, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more grenades, especially for Falkoks/Usurpations. The bear trap is definitely a really fun idea and honestly, wouldn't mind seeing something like in that in PB2.5 as a hidden item somewhere.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby LazyRain » 14 September 2018, 08:15

tehswordninja wrote:Certainly some really unique ideas in this post, and while I doubt many of these would be well suited for gameplay, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more grenades, especially for Falkoks/Usurpations. The bear trap is definitely a really fun idea and honestly, wouldn't mind seeing something like in that in PB2.5 as a hidden item somewhere.

I'm not sure if Eric will add them all. Some of these grenades are not suitable for a new Campaign, but if some of them get there, then Eric will use his own design. The same way as he made the Lamp Nade and the Turret Nade. Actually I had these two grenades in my mind two years ago and even showed them to him, but his versions looks much better. Just look at my versions:

More grenades? Yes, I have 8 of them.
LazyRain

Postby eru_ » 14 September 2018, 08:44

When you made grenades for uruspers it looked very unique and I d love to see some of them in 2.5
eru_

Postby Civil-Lite » 16 September 2018, 17:52

The idea for a variety of grenades would be very useful in the game for any situation.
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby KARL SERG » 18 September 2018, 20:01

They all look great. Some would classify as traps rather than grenades if they don't explode, but they are just as good.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby darkstar 1 » 18 September 2018, 23:04

I don't really like them except from the vortex grenade, that one looks pretty cool.
Great ideas for grenades tho.
That snowball must be the greatest piece of fan art work ever made!

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby LazyRain » 19 October 2018, 11:54

While making new things I realized that all these nades were with insufficiently thick line because I was mistaken with a scale. So here I will post the picture of all corrected grenades. Nothing special, just thicker lines.
LazyRain

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 20 October 2018, 12:04

i would really like paint grenades and snowballs
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Return to Still Art