[Approval Request] LoneWolf56-Monochrome

[Approval Request] LoneWolf56-Monochrome

Postby LoneWolf56 » 9 July 2018, 14:43

[A]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Monochrome
- Map ID: LoneWolf56-Monochrome
- Link to Map Page: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=l ... &id=895301
- Link to Map Demo: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=lo ... monochrome

[C]

- Give a brief description of the map: Two teams of robots, mostly fighting with explosive weapons. It's a symmetric map. See map page for description.
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved: It's visually pleasing and different from any of the approved maps I've seen.
- Any other comments: I don't think the modifications hinder or complicate gameplay much, if at all.
Last edited by LoneWolf56 on 9 July 2018, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: [Approval Request] LoneWolf56-Monochrome

Postby phsc » 9 July 2018, 16:32

it sucks
first of all u dont have any nades so its pretty sad when someone decides to camp on one spot like
http://prntscr.com/k4czzp
considerign the fact that theres shield nades just makes that worse
the worst part is the guns tho, the alien shotguns do little dmg for 180 hp enemies, u should either buff their dmg or buff their speed back
then i talked with u about u wanting ppl to use pistols
its 5 shoots in the head to kill
the alien is 3
nobody is using the pistols still cuz they suck
the railguns go in dying state, not rly a prob, snipers 1 shot, so snipers>railguns in coop its ok idk for dm tho
now this is me not rly understanding the map, so u said there were shield grenades as separate items right? cuz u said i spawned with 1 and then i had 3 cuz i picked them up? u cant pick up nades thats one of the ranked rules
but who cares about what i say right? this is prob getting approved anyway
anyway, you can keep wasting your time with thigns like this
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby LoneWolf56 » 10 July 2018, 01:31

I've redone the map a little.
@silverteen11, I decided against recoloring the androids for COOP. COOP isn't a very popular gamemode to begin with, and for me the variance between the two skins seems enough to differentiate between the two teams.
@phsc, I'm sorry you had a bad experience on the map, but I got rid of the loose shieldnades. Players no longer have shieldnades, actually. I'm still not sure I understand your objection to the slowed Alien Shotgun. It seems like an adequate weapon, even with the RoF decrease. If I left it at its normal speed it would be just a spamfest. If a player really wants to have a "fast" weapon, they can use the pistol, but they don't have to.
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby BLAST3R » 10 July 2018, 08:14

LoneWolf56 wrote:I've redone the map a little.
@silverteen11, I decided against recoloring the androids for COOP. COOP isn't a very popular gamemode to begin with, and for me the variance between the two skins seems enough to differentiate between the two teams.
@phsc, I'm sorry you had a bad experience on the map, but I got rid of the loose shieldnades. Players no longer have shieldnades, actually. I'm still not sure I understand your objection to the slowed Alien Shotgun. It seems like an adequate weapon, even with the RoF decrease. If I left it at its normal speed it would be just a spamfest. If a player really wants to have a "fast" weapon, they can use the pistol, but they don't have to.

I'm out of point but I appreciate your maturity lonewolf.

I like your map, original and good design.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby phsc » 10 July 2018, 15:07

so let me explain it to you
the alien shotgun is a 2 hit headshot kill, the pistol is a 4 headshot kill, the sniper is a 1 headshot kill and the railgun is a 1 shot dying state, if u made the hp id say 160, the railgun will 1 headshot kill, the sniper will be the same, the pistol probably can go to 3 headshot kill meaning its not useless, and the alien shotgun stays the same
ive had this problem with your hexwar map too, i feel like your hp values are too high, i mean, did u actually ever play ranked maps? most of the approved ones rn have kinda low hp, where a lite railgun will easily one shot with a headshot, while in this map one can just quickly defib, now i dont feel like its a bad design like before tho and i dont see any obvious op camping spots, wp
or you can also increase the rate of fire of the shotguns, making so nobody uses the pistols, railguns will still be in the 1 shot dying state and snipers will 1 shot
also id add one grenade and one tp nade, as lets say, someone gets in the acid pit and theres a fight above that person, that person is probably going to die, a tp nade would make so maybe with luck and maybe skill that person would survive, nades are mostly for when things like two people cant realyl do much because if they do one might die, its pretty hard to explain but its a quite common thing in pb2, ex: http://prntscr.com/k4rsjg , they keep shooting but one cant move because he would probably die
now, did u understand it?
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby LoneWolf56 » 11 July 2018, 00:08

alright I made some more edits to the map.

@phsc, the gunset is different, but I think the 180 HP is fine. Also, players now have 3 nades and 1 portnade.

I've updated the gunset once more, hopefully for the last time.
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 11 July 2018, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Hikarikaze » 11 July 2018, 22:35

This area should have a bit more cover, but not a lot. As it stands, it's easy to spray across from behind cover. Someone moving across out in the open can get easily killed because they don't have much cover to support their advances. Just a really small amount of cover so that there's some protection but not enough for full safety is good enough. 2-3 block wide pieces of cover should work, so that Alien Rifles and sniper rifles can pierce through the cover and the area still remains rather risky but it doesn't have to be that wide. Maybe put the cover around/near the door so the door can be better used as a last resort or escape plan if an advance fails and needs to transition to the lower areas. If you need some suggestions on where cover should go, these spots seem suitable: http://prntscr.com/k5cxxp

It's also possible to spray down that area from this point in the spawn. Alien Rifles have pretty good range and accuracy so they're capable of reaching across the open areas better than some of the other weapons. Railguns might be able to reach that range too and sniper rifles are definitely useful for this tactic. The cover already there might help but that point in the spawn has a height advantage so it's easier to attack that cover point and land headshots as well. This is also why I'm suggesting to add slightly more cover to reinforce that open area. It's always good to reduce the chances of successfully attacking across long distances across the map right from the spawn

These issues might not exist in practice but people not doing these issues don't dismiss the existence of those potential problems, contrary to the unfortunate belief of some people here. It'd improve the map if the hypothetical issues were mitigated since there's always a chance that someone might do what I listed as a problem
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby LoneWolf56 » 12 July 2018, 01:00

Changed the map again. Players have 165 HP and 2 portnades instead of 1.

@hikarikaze, I've made changes to the areas you mentioned. There should be enough cover to advance somewhat safely to the other side, without making the upper middle too safe so as to turn it into a camping ground.
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 12 July 2018, 20:26

It's a good idea, but a dark and dreary map in practice, if I was you I'd up the lighting a fair bit. The map is also quite tight in places, meaning movement around the map feels clunky and frustrating. Look into spacing things out a little more so the map is enjoyable just to move about in.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby LoneWolf56 » 14 July 2018, 14:49

@Doomwrath, I agree, it's not the same as other approved maps which are probably more colorful. I think that's fine. I like the gray-toned colors. PB2 isn't about colorful anyway. But, where are the places that movement feels frustrating?

Map approved, topic locked.
Thanks guys!
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 15 July 2018, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post.
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Approval Request Archive