Alien guns

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Alien guns

Postby LazyRain » 13 June 2018, 15:20

Lets begin with laser guns for usurpers.

- Advanced Alien Heater -
Spoiler: Show More
It's just dual Alien Heater. The same as Alien Shotgun is just dual Alien Rifle. Shoots 2 lasers at once. Carried by Major Soldiers, but I have version with Minor color palette anyway. Slot 2 with usual Alien Heater.

- Alien Heater Minigun -
Heavier version with 6 barrels and 3 coolers on each side. Damage of each laser is [4/7/10/12] for different upgrade levels. The gun has two fire modes. The first is usual shooting with fire rate of 12 shots per second and cooldowns every 6 seconds. The second is shooting from all barrels at the same time with fire rate of 4 shots per second and cooldowns every 1.5 second. The battery contains energy enough for [400/600/800/1000] shots for different upgrade levels. Slot 8.

- Alien Auto Heater -
Vehicle version. I don't know parameters. It is also can be carried by two light characters or any character.
Example

- Plasma SMG -

- Usurpers Defibrillators -

- Alien Grenades -
Regular alien grenades. Why only Humans have such things?

- Falkok Defibrillators -

- Firebird -
Falkonian flamethrower. It has two fire modes. The first is usual fire shots able to reach enemies on the side edge of the default screen with accuracy in 10 degrees. The second shoots fire projectiles with small lifespan and accuracy in 90 degrees.

- Gravy Rocket Launcher -
Shoots rockets using gravity power. Small recoil. Rocket's explosions is small but has bigger and more powerful pusher radius. The magazine contains 6 rockets. That blue symbol is Falkonian icon of gravitation. Not sure will it be visible or not.

- Psi Cutter -
Combination of gravitation and plasma sword technologies. The magazine contains 12 triangle cylinder bullets, which covers by plasma after shot. The gun has two fire modes. The first is single shot. The projectile looks like that arrow-like thing. It flies fast and can ricochet from solid surfaces under 45 degrees 3 times. The second collects three bullets on the barrel's end and creates from them a shuriken-like thing and then launch it. The projectile flies slower but it can ricochet at any angle 5 times. Small recoil. Slot 4.

- Impulse Cannon -
Vehicle weapon, but it can be carried by any character alone because of the gravitator. It reduces weight and allows to move quicker. The gun shoots big projectiles which looks like sphere of shivering air. The projectile's speed is a little slower than BNG's and cant be destroyed via bullets, only slowed down or sent to other direction. Can ricochet. And It literally sweeps out everything on it's way. Lifespan is 5 seconds. The gun works in any environment. Small recoil.
Last edited by LazyRain on 14 June 2018, 10:47, edited 2 times in total.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: Alien guns

Postby Supah Flash » 14 June 2018, 02:59

Ayo,
these are my thoughts and opinions when observing each weapon. Overall, it's great but a few touches could be added. Hope you would understand:

Advanced Alien Heater- seems too similar to original alien heaters, but you did create the prototype models; I envision it as a cross-breed between the CS Heavy Railgun and first alien heater models.
Alien Heater Minigun- resembles somewhat similarity of Ray Rifle TcORR
Alien Auto Heater- Creative design concept; I'd recommend the right side for both because the left lacks detail beyond the dot circle. There should be only one handle (near the Biohazard symbol) right-side up.
Alien SMG- The design concept is futuristically accurate; I'm not too sure where the magazine is sent.
Usurpers Defibrillators: The wire lines out front shouldn't be black; I recommend blue/red since it's not man-made. Other than that, great concept.
Alien Grenades- The Falkok shape glow should be a little more jagged; the Usurpers shape should be rather elliptical because their style is rather smooth.
Falkok Defibrillators: Again, I'd only change the black lines with like a blue/white wires. Other than that, it's good.
Firebird: I simply like the design the way it is; excellent work.
Gravy Rocket Launcher: Unique concept. Wouldn't make the muzzle area so wide in length for a projectile this small. I also suggest for there to be, at max, 2 rocket projectiles firing at once.
Psi Cutter: Another innovative weapon; not sure how the bullet projectile would spawn once the gun is fired whether it's positioned behind or in front of the gun. You'll have to discuss that with Eric Gurt.
Impulse Cannon: Too confused where the muzzle of the gun is at; there's too much glowing and I don't understand why there would be lines if the weapon is supposed to be carried by a vehicle; a special design though.
When life tries to slow you down, you must remember to speed up.

Godspeed, heed thy wisdom; don't forget where you're from.
Supah Flash
Recruit

Postby LazyRain » 14 June 2018, 06:33

Supah Flash wrote: ✶ Alien Auto Heater ... I'd recommend the right side for both because the left lacks detail beyond the dot circle. There should be only one handle (near the Biohazard symbol) right-side up.[
Alien SMG- The design concept is futuristically accurate; I'm not too sure where the magazine is sent.
Gravy Rocket Launcher: Unique concept. Wouldn't make the muzzle area so wide in length for a projectile this small. I also suggest for there to be, at max, 2 rocket projectiles firing at once.
Psi Cutter: Another innovative weapon; not sure how the bullet projectile would spawn once the gun is fired whether it's positioned behind or in front of the gun. You'll have to discuss that with Eric Gurt.
Impulse Cannon: Too confused where the muzzle of the gun is at;

Left and right versions are actually the same but reversed. Guns on the right is for vehicle. It turns over when a character equips it. Also, the manual trigger mechanism is in the "box" where there is the right hand of the character. The second handle on the right side is hidden in normal state. The symbol actually means radiation hazard, because the weapon uses infinite nuclear power supply.
Here it is.

It is so wide because of the gravy boosters located there. They are not small actually.
I will make an animation. Maybe. I've made the animation of red firing Cutter.
LazyRain

Postby Rayie » 14 June 2018, 21:50

Some of the most gamestyle fitting guns I’ve seen in a while, the concepts and the designs are pretty neat.
DoomWrath wrote:I have a cat. It's quite a modern model, I think it's the compact version. Got it with the optional 1" paws, sun roof, and cruise control.
Rayie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wreak » 15 June 2018, 01:52

If these were put into the game and someone was holding them in a match, I would instantly try to kill them.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby flora- » 17 June 2018, 08:05

These all look great! Kinda wish all of these weapons were in the game now!
flora-

Postby eru_ » 2 September 2018, 14:53

They 're quite cool and intresting
Keep it up !
eru_

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 5 September 2018, 03:00

Amazing guns you made all of them fit in the pb2 style.
My favourite ones are the Psi Cutter and the Plasma SMG
And of course i would like to see more Defibrillators in the game.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby LazyRain » 8 September 2018, 10:12

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:...And of course i would like to see more Defibrillators in the game.

Do you mean for every fraction? I think it's possible to make 7 more defibrillators, 5 repair/healing guns and 4 healing grenades.
LazyRain

Return to Still Art