trackable guests

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

trackable guests

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 27 May 2018, 12:00

This has to be added, since many get away with hacks/insulting/ban evading.
If this gets added.
This means no bad guests = more nice guests.
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Re: trackable guests

Postby GZ55 » 27 May 2018, 18:54

There is no way to track a Guest beyond their IP address (Internet Protocol), which is often restricted to a single internet access point, e.g. one router. I believe all bans are IP based, so if you get banned on one account, you can no longer use any of your other accounts and you can't even enter as a Guest. Beyond that, I think the staff are already doing all they can to prevent the issues you just named.

Just ignore the flamers and quit the matches in which there are hackers, simple.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 28 May 2018, 02:01

GZ55 wrote:There is no way to track a Guest beyond their IP address (Internet Protocol), which is often restricted to a single internet access point, e.g. one router. I believe all bans are IP based, so if you get banned on one account, you can no longer use any of your other accounts and you can't even enter as a Guest. Beyond that, I think the staff are already doing all they can to prevent the issues you just named.

Just ignore the flamers and quit the matches in which there are hackers, simple.

Site bans can be IP based but they don't have to be. They're usually IP bans just for convenience. The problem with what you're saying though (not the suggestion/last part) is that there's no way to link a user that actually can be IP banned with a guest account being used so finding/banning people gets tricky. Tracking guests' IPs at least allows for guest IDs to be matched with user accounts the same way alts are matched. Right now guests are entirely hidden from tracking and ban systems which is a concern; staff can't do anything as a result when it comes to guests unless they magically find the accounts of users misusing the guest rank, if they even registered or logged on with the same IP at all
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby GZ55 » 8 June 2018, 03:19

Trickier than I thought it would be... I guess IP's aren't the silver bullet to the issue. It would be nice if a proper implementation of Guest tracking was put into place, but I wouldn't know how that would work. I am so computer-illiterate. *shrugs*

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Player_PB2 » 30 June 2018, 10:15

Isn't this what hackers do to spy all your activities?
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby DoomWrath » 2 July 2018, 23:41

More simple than tracking guests would be to simply limit their abilities. The purpose of the guest feature after all is to allow new players to sample multiplayer before making their account.

- Remove ability for guests to talk in chat.
- Remove ability for guests to initiate and vote on ping limits.
- Remove ability for guests to initiate and vote on player kicking.
- Remove ability for guests to create matches with names other than "Game by Guest-25325".
- Add message that appears to guests when they try to do these things telling them to make an account to unlock these things.

This would almost entirely prevent guest abuse and make the difficult task of tracking them far easier.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Player_PB2 » 3 July 2018, 09:15

DoomWrath wrote:- Remove ability for guests to talk in chat.

most of the time, guests can't talk in games, while some do let them talk
if guests can't talk in PB2, they'll probably gonna get cyber bullied
while here, PB2, it's almost equal between guests and users
so, if you can track guests, you'll probably gonna spam insults back to that guest
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Website / PB2 Game