Plazma Burst 1.5

Singleplayer Maps here.

Plazma Burst 1.5

Postby TerminatorRex » 25 February 2018, 16:58

Plazma Burst 1.5 brings the whole campaign of PB:FttP into PB2
This is my own port of Forward to the Past and the first serious mapping project I've spent my past week on. While not everything will be exactly the same as in the first game, it still features similar gun and enemy mechanics of FttP while keeping to the style of PB2, meaning stuff such as the regeneration module, mobility, swords, crates, health etc.

Play it here

Level redesign
The original 16 levels of FttP will be merged into 8. Sometimes, seamless transition between levels is not possible so a few small, new areas have been added as a result. Level design is significantly different in some parts, you may find levels feeling more open or spacious. This is done to allow for easier movement.

You will encounter some new challenges or easter eggs too as, once again, I don't want it to be exactly like the first game. The original level 11 will be redesigned entirely, adding some new areas. You will be challenged not only by drones but by various new enemies and natural hazards too before reaching the Falkok base.

Upgrades and between-time shop
As of now, there exists no between-time shop, but in the future after I am 100% done with everything else, I intend to implement something like the monetary and shop system from max teabag-mmo_arena.

Throughout the campaign, enemies will obviously get tougher and better equipped as you descend into the lower levels of the base. So instead of a shop, you will randomly, at the start of some levels, acquire exosuit and weapon upgrades which will increase health and stuff.

Tips
    Take your time, this is not meant to be easy or played too fast. Just like old times.
    When low on health, use time warp and swords to deflect incoming rounds

Map ID: terminatorrex-fttp1
Map Page Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=termi ... &id=867852
Map Demo Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=terminatorrex-fttp1

artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Plazma Burst 1.5

Postby Tempus » 25 February 2018, 22:14

Well done. Very very nice, reminds me of the old game a bit ;)

#bringbackthetazer
Tempus
Advisor

Postby TerminatorRex » 27 February 2018, 17:44

Tempus wrote:#bringbackthetazer

Not sure how to do this as there isn't an easy way to modify bullet life for only one specific weapon. The closest thing to a taser would be the defib, but I don't want to resort to using it for now at least. Thanks for the feedback :D
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby saw- » 27 February 2018, 19:27

i swear the proxy from first evel behind the door has infinite hp, cant get past her.

saw-
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby mrblake213 » 4 November 2019, 06:36

Very nice map
Definitely brings nostalgia from the first game.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Build » 4 November 2019, 11:26

mrblake213 wrote:Very nice map
Definitely brings nostalgia from the first game.

You're like 1 year late to this thread but ok
its a pretty good map
Build
Falkok [250]

Return to Singleplayer Maps