[Removal Request] X Death-RealWar

Re: [Removal Request] X Death-RealWar

Postby wreak » 18 February 2018, 16:07

Love how pretty much everyone is agreeing here but none of the mods/admin have said anything.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Dandamage » 18 February 2018, 19:21

This map is just not suited for serious competitive matches in my opinion. The chances of spawning in the middle of a crossfire are very high if you are in DM or TDM, it clearly disconsiders some of the requirements in the map approval list (such as way too open areas or allowing you to kill camping enemies). It is actually possible to kill camping enemies, however it is way too difficult because either the grenades won't reach, or there are no alternative routes that allow you to move without getting shot. You mostly rely on the luck that you will not get shot by a random bullet or selfboosting/lag.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Dandamage » 18 February 2018, 19:31

silverteen11 wrote:
Dandamage wrote:This map is just not suited for serious competitive matches in my opinion. The chances of spawning in the middle of a crossfire are very high if you are in DM or TDM, it clearly disconsiders some of the requirements in the map approval list (such as way too open areas or allowing you to kill camping enemies). It is actually possible to kill camping enemies, however it is way too difficult because either the grenades won't reach, or there are no alternative routes that allow you to move without getting shot. You mostly rely on the luck that you will not get shot by a random bullet or selfboosting/lag.

Yeah completely agreed, although we said and knew that already.

Yeye. Just showing that I agree with what was said earlier. Plus not everyone reads back all the posts, just the last ones, so I'm sparing them a little.

I just wanted to clarify that we do not really control what is unapproved or approved. In the end it is all Eric's choice, so there isn't really a need for the rest of the staff team to reply.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby IcYeGodZ » 19 February 2018, 02:13

Why not replace the combat rifle guns with the needles?

IcYeGodZ
Recruit

Postby lostmydollar » 24 February 2018, 00:49

I dont feel like disapproving this map right now is a good idea. Sure it sucks and shit but its very popular. Killing multiplayer is something none of you want so. Gotta get used to it. Things may change in 2.5
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby lostmydollar » 24 February 2018, 01:05

silverteen11 wrote:
lostmydollar wrote:I dont feel like disapproving this map right now is a good idea. Sure it sucks and shit but its very popular. Killing multiplayer is something none of you want so. Gotta get used to it. Things may change in 2.5

People are not gonna quit pb2 because of it's disapproval, they're just gonna move to another map.

It's popular because it's exploitable, it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Are you sure about it? I mean wash is dead. Eu is dead. Cali runs realwar everyday and usually being filled with guests and other users that seem to be new to this game. Dont feel like they are pb2 addicts like us. I think they might leave if they dont find a good replacement. Do you have a good replacement?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby lpzimm » 24 February 2018, 08:01

lostmydollar wrote:
silverteen11 wrote:
lostmydollar wrote:I dont feel like disapproving this map right now is a good idea. Sure it sucks and shit but its very popular. Killing multiplayer is something none of you want so. Gotta get used to it. Things may change in 2.5

People are not gonna quit pb2 because of it's disapproval, they're just gonna move to another map.

It's popular because it's exploitable, it's a problem that needs to be fixed.

Are you sure about it? I mean wash is dead. Eu is dead. Cali runs realwar everyday and usually being filled with guests and other users that seem to be new to this game. Dont feel like they are pb2 addicts like us. I think they might leave if they dont find a good replacement. Do you have a good replacement?

agree agree agree. Shit map; should NOT go away. It doesn't affect any good players, I don't know anybody who could control the entire map and farm randos, and some people find it fun.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby jeff the hacker » 22 April 2018, 14:22

there's some kind of exploit in the map.

when you spam the teleporter while spraying with a CS assault rifle ( the last time i played it, it still has AR CS-RCs )
your projectiles will turn invisible and go through walls, "silently" killing players
im an alien inside

jeff the hacker
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby AI Robot » 23 April 2018, 00:58

jeff the hacker wrote:there's some kind of exploit in the map.

when you spam the teleporter while spraying with a CS assault rifle ( the last time i played it, it still has AR CS-RCs )
your projectiles will turn invisible and go through walls, "silently" killing players

Theres no longer teleporters, eric replaced it with acid. http://prntscr.com/j8rnd0
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby wreak » 1 May 2018, 23:33

People are not going to leave because eric decided to disapprove one single map when there are thousands upon thousands of maps there is in the game.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby IcYeGodZ » 1 May 2018, 23:41

wreak wrote:People are not going to leave because eric decided to disapprove one single map when there are thousands upon thousands of maps there is in the game.

Even though it's the only map that grabs the most player of 16. And grabs new players the most like it's a simple tutorial map. what other map can get 16 players every day or every week?

IcYeGodZ
Recruit

Postby DoomWrath » 4 June 2018, 17:32

It's a very popular map, with 2300+ matches started since last year, the opinions of those players trump the opinions of 10 people on the forums. So I ask, objectively, what is wrong with this map? Is one side at an advantage? Is there a very glitchy part of the map?

So far I can see the only real problems being:
- Spawning into crossfire.
- Inability to find weapons since weapons are stuck in crossfire.

And these problems aren't unique to this approved map.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Incompetence » 4 June 2018, 20:57

DoomWrath wrote:[...]

the map's popular mainly because of the problems you've listed. the problems may not be unique to this map but this map does a good job hosting and reinforcing these problems. it's a meta spray and pray map. cutting down these issues might have some sort of negative effect on the amount of people playing this map but nothing extreme like everyone suddenly dropping this game. the map can still be popular and fun without the glaring problems after all

also 2300+ matches don't "trump" anyone's opinion here, that's argumentum ad populum 100%. for all you know, it could be less than 10 ppl starting 2300+ matches. numbers aren't everything and metrics don't show the whole picture. maybe ask those people what's objectively good/right about the map as well?
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby lostmydollar » 4 June 2018, 21:08

Doom dont listen to anyone who is trying to make popular maps lose their approval flags. Eric trusted you the tool. Dont kill his game
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby Incompetence » 4 June 2018, 21:16

lostmydollar wrote:Doom dont listen to anyone who is trying to make popular maps lose their approval flags. Eric trusted you the tool. Dont kill his game

because popularity alone is such a solid argument/s
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby lostmydollar » 4 June 2018, 21:31

Incompetence wrote:because popularity alone is such a solid argument

people like you cant see past the end of the nose
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby thetoppestkek » 4 June 2018, 21:47

Since I was bribed to write this:

For years I hated this map. Bullets flying everywhere - people campfesting spawns or the buildings - and too many people cursing in the game chat to the point where it would kill any overly religious Christian. That's besides the point, however. My primarily issue was with how it was approved.

Only by it's Ълядь popularity. Nothing else. I'm pretty sure literally the only reason it was approved was because of gopniks spamming matches titled "APPROVE X DEATH REALWAR PLS". Every single one of its issue was either completely ignored or overlooked until now, where as a saving grace the OICW was included. That still doesn't magically fix all of its structural and gameplay flaws.

Countless times I've seen people teleporting right into crossfires, firing blindly into the other side and other misguided players charging in only to be pummeled with a hailstorm of bullets. Not even the bloody grenades - the solution to all camping - are enough to send campers flying. Everytime I flush one out - another one just comes by and takes his place. It's simply just ridiculous.

But now to reply to some people supporting this map:

IcYeGodZ wrote:
wreak wrote:People are not going to leave because eric decided to disapprove one single map when there are thousands upon thousands of maps there is in the game.

Even though it's the only map that grabs the most player of 16. And grabs new players the most like it's a simple tutorial map. what other map can get 16 players every day or every week?

Supporting the theory that a game is going to completely fall apart because one map is going to be removed is pure, utter nonsense. Have you seen games tweak/edit/delete maps and then have the entire game fall apart? Has a game died because some modifications have been made to a map or if it has been deleted? I'd love to see what you find on this, so ring me up if you find one such case.

lostmydollar wrote:Doom dont listen to anyone who is trying to make popular maps lose their approval flags. Eric trusted you the tool. Dont kill his game

Oh, how powerful of an argument popularity is. Snap into reality. The map's only popular because it's exploitable and easy to farm. It's also definitely plausible to believe a game will completely die just because one map gets unapproved. (See above.)

------------

But - in general, despite all of its flaws, it should not go away. I'd rather like to see some modifications or tweaks made to it rather than it being completely unapproved. Maybe that would fix its flaws instead of half-assing it by adding a 3-round burst gun which is still relatively spammable. The entrenching-based camping-rewarding gameplay is just plain awful. I'd love to see it converted to a map where campers are easily punished - and people can just rush in the field without collapsing to the ground by a spray of 500 bullets.
thetoppestkek
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby lostmydollar » 4 June 2018, 22:17

thetoppestkek wrote:Oh, how powerful of an argument popularity is. Snap into reality. The map's only popular because it's exploitable and easy to farm. It's also definitely plausible to believe a game will completely die just because one map gets unapproved. (See above.)

I can close my eyes on map flaws if community really likes it. You're free to tell everyone that this map is shitty. Hell even i think its shitty. We should let everybody know that this map is shitty. Change their opinion about this map. That'd be great. But snapping community with map bans strategy wont serve you or anyone any good. Its not how it works with community/society moderation

"just because one map gets unapproved" yea you will say the same shit next time someone decides to disapprove a map. Step by step you will approach the end and people who actually liked this game will thank you real good for your words you've said here today
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 4 June 2018, 22:21

lostmydollar wrote:
thetoppestkek wrote:Oh, how powerful of an argument popularity is. Snap into reality. The map's only popular because it's exploitable and easy to farm. It's also definitely plausible to believe a game will completely die just because one map gets unapproved. (See above.)

I can close my eyes on map flaws if community really likes it. You're free to tell everyone that this map is shitty. Hell even i think its shitty. We should let everybody know that this map is shitty. Change their opinion about this map. That'd be great. But snapping community with map bans strategy wont serve you or anyone any good. Its not how it works with community/society moderation

"just because one map gets unapproved" yea you will say the same shit next time someone decides to disapprove a map. Step by step you will approach the end and people who actually liked this game will thank you real good for your words you've said here today

Finally, someone understands.
PB2's playerbase will no longer be growing -- That much is clear. The remaining players have stayed mostly through dedication/lack of better options, and I'd say many would be on the verge of quitting if an update came they heavily disagreed with.
Betraying the remaining players by taking the maps that they've been playing for years would not only be selfish, but flat out unfair. (Not to mention whittling away the shrinking community)

To all the mapmakers who want popular maps removed in order to force players to play different maps, please take a step back, PB2 is not compiled of purely mapmakers, and not everyone is interested in playing your map or a"better" map.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 4 June 2018, 22:25

Eric said hes getting sick and tired of updating this map. he passively agreed that the map would slow down the death of PB2 via PM. new players sees the easiest map, they love it, and play it. I still see veterans play the map only if you see carefully.

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

PreviousNext

Return to Removal Requests Archive