Do You Like The New Update?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Yes
65%
No
20%
Neutral
15%

Total votes : 40

Postby Sniper J » 13 February 2018, 23:06

The answer is simple: yes/no/neutral.

After playing a little more on the updated physics, I can say that I'm neutral. I would like to see the old physics return but if Eric won't do that, then I'm fine with these new physics. Hitboxes may be fixed but not entirely. The fall damage has been increased, which can be annoying if you're a ranked player, or even an approved player. There are a few more things that I could express my distaste in but they're rather unimportant at the moment.

Do you like it? What about it do you like?

Do you dislike it? What about it don't you like?

Are you neutral towards it? Is there anything that could be improved upon?

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Do You Like The New Update?

Postby lostmydollar » 13 February 2018, 23:46

the only thing i don't like is that Eric decided to keep the SB in the game. i wish it was removed completely to make the gameplay more realistic and fair towards newbie players. removing SB would also force players to come up with new strategies, and maps like egrw1 would become less popular. it would also mean less flying in stryde-sniper and other maps of this kind. in other words - that'd be great. pls don't throw tomatoes at me
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby wreak » 14 February 2018, 01:37

*throws tomatoes at lostmydollar*

I love the update, its actually possible to have new maps or old maps with new updates.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Sniper J » 14 February 2018, 05:44

Sasage wrote:I strongly dislike it. I can only find 1 thing I like about it..the falkok skin. It is literally the only thing that fits into pb2 I feel. http://prntscr.com/ieg5ew http://prntscr.com/ieg6q4

Eric is trying to make this game based off of Halo idea. Just look at it.

Loading page + Marine = Halo
http://prntscr.com/ieg6dc
http://prntscr.com/ieg57g

By new update, I was referring to the change in the physics. It's only high physics now.

Sniper J

Postby lpzimm » 14 February 2018, 06:29

I think, now, the update could work. If attention is put into rebalancing the selfboost, we could see a net improvement in this game's fun and competitive play.

lostmydollar wrote:the only thing i don't like is that Eric decided to keep the SB in the game. i wish it was removed completely to make the gameplay more realistic and fair towards newbie players. removing SB would also force players to come up with new strategies, and maps like egrw1 would become less popular. it would also mean less flying in stryde-sniper and other maps of this kind. in other words - that'd be great. pls don't throw tomatoes at me

Why is it good that a game is more 'fair' towards newbie players? Doesn't that mean the skill ceiling is lowered? I don't see any game with a viable competitive murliplayer letting new players get free wins.

Let's take sports as an example (I hate comparing sports to vidyas, but whatever). I've been doing my sport for years, 15-25 hours (depending on the point in the season) a week. I should be able to, and do, WHOOP anybody who hasn't practiced as much as I have - they don't have the fitness, muscular skill, or technique. An olympian would destroy me for the same reason. Same should go for this game.
Last edited by lpzimm on 14 February 2018, 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby GhostX5 » 14 February 2018, 11:48

lostmydollar wrote:the only thing i don't like is that Eric decided to keep the SB in the game. i wish it was removed completely to make the gameplay more realistic and fair towards newbie players. removing SB would also force players to come up with new strategies, and maps like egrw1 would become less popular. it would also mean less flying in stryde-sniper and other maps of this kind. in other words - that'd be great. pls don't throw tomatoes at me

I wouldn't really appreciate throwing some stuff at someone, because that is rude.

But anyways, I loved the new update, at least Eric's keeping the SB (hooray, flying is still in my veins X3), and the new skins are somewhat interesting to have and weapons too.

Mostly, my favorite and current skin right now is the Raven skin. Sleek, intimidating, awesomeness. The overall armor look is amazing, and the helmet part always reminded me of Helioskrill armor from H5G. For the weapons, I would love to try out Terror Only's AK gun. I would be thinking about adding it to one of my maps (currently WIP). Already tried a new gun which is in a map similar to Eric's rails map, which is good and works kinda similar to a Lite Railgun & Ray Gun C-01y.
United Special Operations ~:~ RYZE-138 aka Ghost-138 ~:~ Leader of Alpha Team ~:~ Master Chief Petty Officer
Keep Moving Forward.
GhostX5
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby lrv » 14 February 2018, 13:03

Increasing the fall damage is bad. But I am fie with the rest.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Sniper J » 15 February 2018, 02:24

Well, I'd like to update my opinion on this new update. Eric said hitboxes were relatively better, they aren't. In fact, there's no change to them at all. On top of that, I'm beginning to spike now. I never used to do this before but my I'm being disconnected from almost every match I join because my ping spikes up to about 600. So, yeah, I prefer old physics.

Sniper J

Postby Zyra Xov » 15 February 2018, 04:28

Sasage wrote:I strongly dislike it. I can only find 1 thing I like about it..the falkok skin. It is literally the only thing that fits into pb2 I feel.

I have a feeling this is on 9.17 levels of irony.

Sasage wrote:Eric is trying to make this game based off of Halo idea. Just look at it.

I thought I read somewhere on here that Eric has never played Hay Low (he should, it's great (the first 4 are (not Halo 4))). But to be honest, there are generic poses and designs that the mind thinks of when faced with guns, the future, and supersoldiers.

The initial loading screen could very well be a generic enemy's POV shot of a point-blank blast from a protagonist weapon. The thought would probably be, "What would an enemy see?"

And for the supersoldier design, it is almost always the familiar, ultra-tough steel that may or may not be painted a color, with flexible joints with guards on the elbows, knees, and shoulders (the shoulders may be enhanced in beefiness by the plate, optionally). The torso may be tens of plates affixed on the flexible material, as well as the hands and feet. The dev may think, "What looks cool and looks like it would optimize protection?"

I may be off-base, but I was tired in the making of this, and thought I could help contribute to the discussion of the PB2 feel and uncanny Halo similarities.

~~~

But to reply to OP, I do like the update.
Zyra Xov
Recruit

Postby sentinel16 » 25 February 2018, 22:53

Spending most of my PB2 time in the Map Editor making SP maps for myself I stand neutral.

Not really noticing much change in the physics except that I die more often :(
Lost 800 HP and died when jumping and accidentally hitting a wall corner right over character's head (-_-)

Most of the guns prior update were pretty compact looking, so the new long and bulky guns throws the art off, imo. I think some of the new guns could be resized (the alien sniper and laser rifles for example are really bulky when compared to the original alien guns). Most of the new guns also have more details which is fine until more colors are added as well, making some designs seem clutered to me. Falkok guns have that compact look and simple design shared by most of the other guns, so that's nice.

As for the new skins, don't really mind them, kinda dislike the more pointy ones since it reminds me of void mod (blehk). I like the falkok boss look, FTTP skins are meh, nice to have armored grub (Yay), and civil protector looks like he hunching.

Still trying out new triggers.
---------------
Some issues were that the new guns didn't have the same physics as the others- arent effected by gravity when dropped/placed, arent effected by projectiles
Also- for me the new guns didn't have the little pop-up weapon ID w/ the name and level when the cursor goes over it

sentinel16

Postby kamosamko » 26 February 2018, 10:46

I dislike it. For me it doesn't feel like PB2 anymore at all.

kamosamko
Recruit

Return to General Discussion