Treasure hunt

Multiplayer Maps here.

Treasure hunt

Postby darkstar 1 » 25 November 2017, 20:24

.:Treasure hunT:.

Map ID: darkstar 1-treasure
.:Map page:.
.:Map demo:.

"Welcome adventurer, the modern ages have finally arrived, this is the age of pirates and discovery. A lot of previously unknown islands have treasure hidden in or on it and these can be claimed if you find them!"

What?

This map is located in the modern ages, you can press the button on the ship at the very left to explore islands. The button will randomly send you to one of the 4 locations. You can collect gold by finding and opening treasure chests all over the map (even on the home island). The gold, and other collected stuff, will be displayed in a hint (so make sure your hints are on).

- Treasure chests can be opened by pressing e near them. The amount of gold you get ranges from 0-500 for a wooden chest and 0-2000 in a golden chest.

Spoiler: Show More

- Barrels can be opened to gain gunpowder, that can be sold or used to blow up rocks (10 gp for a big rock and 5 gp for a small one).

- Rocks can hide secrets in the map (currently one behind a rock) or rocks on the rocky island can give you gold on destroying them.

The map can have up to 8 players.

Locations:

There are 4 locations you can travel to and explore, sometimes I will replace a location with a new one for some variation.

The current ones are:
- Forest island
- Stormy/Dark island
- Rocky island
- Submerged dunes

There is also the home island that contains the docks, a city, the gunpowder trade shop and the castle.
The castle can be used as defence, but it also has the button that allows you to have marine ranks, these earn money every minute.

Commands:

There are some commands in the map as well, you can enter these in the chat.

#rank [this shows the rank you currently have]
#flintlock [spawns a pistol for 250 gold]
#rifle [spawns a rifle for 1k gold]
#gatling [spawns a gatling for 10k gold]
(Other commands can only be used by me)

Ranks:

The ranks currently in the map are:
- Civilian

- Pirate, this can be obtained on rocky island when being a civilian with at least 5 reputation points. Your health becomes 1k, the amount of rank points you get rises to 25 per kill and the amount of money you earn is based on your rank points, with every kill you make.

- Soldier, costs 500 gold to unlock, and earns 10 gold every minute, health is 600.
- Officer, costs 1000 gold to unlock and the soldier rank, earns 50 gold per minute, health is 700.
- Commander, costs 2000 gold to unlock and the officer rank, earns 150 gold per minute, health is 800.
- Captain, costs 5000 gold to unlock and the commander rank, earns 400 gold per minute, health is 900.
- Admiral, costs 10000 gold to unlock and the captain rank, earns 1000 gold per minute, health is 1000.
- Fleet admiral, costs 20000 gold to unlock and the admiral rank, earns 5000 gold per minute, health is 1500.

When being a pirate you can't become a marine, and when being a marine you can't become pirate.
Last edited by Kiriakos Gr96 on 11 January 2018, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic editted and bumped under request of the topic owner

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Re: Treasure hunt

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 11 January 2018, 20:04

Topic bumped under request of the topic owner.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby lostmydollar » 11 January 2018, 21:36

5 stars

few suggestions:
1) chests could change their location every couple of minutes
2) add some traps in areas where chests may appear
3) increase weapon damage a little
4) add other unusable items that can be sold, not just gunpowders
5) i'd rather sell weapons in shops, not through chat commands

P.S. latest version has spawn issues. please fix
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby darkstar 1 » 13 January 2018, 21:13

lostmydollar wrote:5 stars

few suggestions:
1) chests could change their location every couple of minutes
2) add some traps in areas where chests may appear
3) increase weapon damage a little
4) add other unusable items that can be sold, not just gunpowders
5) i'd rather sell weapons in shops, not through chat commands

P.S. latest version has spawn issues. please fix

Thanks for the vote :)

For the chests, I'll currently keep them in the same location, if more people ask about this I'll try to implement it.
I've added a forest and volcano island, forest has a trap in it and the lava in the volcano island is kind of a natural trap. I'll add some more when making new islands.
Weapon damage is increased, still not sure if it's very effective agains a fleet admiral or other high rank, but I'll see how it goes.
I added rum that gives additional health, but for trading it's currently useless, I'm gonna add sugarcanes later on, which can be sold and/or used as an ingredient for making rum.
Weapon commands are removed and I made a shop in the castle for them, I might make some gun shops as well outside the walls as well.

Thanks for reporting the spawn issue, didn't double check the map before saving and accidentally placed a pusher over the spawn area, it's fixed now.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Return to Multiplayer Maps