Ranked matches ping limits should be raised !!!!

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: Ranked matches ping limits should be raised !!!!

Postby BLAST3R » 11 January 2018, 13:19

Eric Gurt wrote:Network delay of 250+ is not something Plazma Burst 2 netcode can compensate so I think it can be raised from 180 to 250 in few days as a test. I have updated server code now, but I will not force server reboot yet as it seems like California server is still populated at this moment of time. This update will happen by itself soon.

Thanks Mr. Gurt, I think this update will make the community more active.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Skillz_ » 11 January 2018, 15:38

Hey Eric,
Even though the update has not happened yet i would like to thank you for taking the time to read through the complaint i brought forward and to act on it. From me and mainly everyone playing the game thank you for increasing the ping limit, this should bring back competitive games and alllow us EU players to access ranked games to its full capabilities

Skillz_
Recruit

Postby QiLinxD » 11 January 2018, 17:25

Nice w/
I fully agree to improve Ping limits.But I think the best limit now is within 220Ping

QiLinxD

Postby ECC9 » 11 January 2018, 18:15

QiLinxD wrote:Nice w/
I fully agree to improve Ping limits.But I think the best limit now is within 220Ping

Yeah. 220 is good.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Revenge135 » 24 May 2018, 10:37

Good idea for those who wanted to try ranked matches.
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

Revenge135
Recruit

Postby GZ55 » 27 May 2018, 19:04

I was initially repelled at the idea, but it turns out it was better to keep Ranked mode alive for a little longer than to try and prevent "laggers" from entering those matches. Even as an NA player, I actually prefer the new level of competition which the ping limit update provided: prior to that, I've seen periods of a few weeks without anyone in the top 100 entering a Ranked match. Besides, lag will always be a fundamental problem (I can't even reliably hit people with 30 ping and below because of ping jitter or variance), so why bother fighting against it?

PB3, when its multiplayer mode will be up and running, should also include the option to allow players under 250 ping to play, because I assume it will start off with very few servers.

GZ55
Cyber Grub [25]

Previous

Return to Website / PB2 Game