raмpage тrιlogy - ғιrѕт acт

Singleplayer Maps here.

raмpage тrιlogy - ғιrѕт acт

Postby Dandamage » 22 December 2016, 19:52

Map name: Rampage Trilogy - First Act

Map ID: dandamage-cstrilogy1

Map description: During the development of the Civil Security Ghost armor, they were trying to make the perfect soldier using customized guns and armor and experimenting on the soldiers. You take the role of a nameless volunteer.

Map Page Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&m=dandamage-cstrilogy1

Map Demo Link: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=dandamage-cstrilogy1

Brief Description: The Civil Security isn't all about saving the planet and being the alien killers. In this trilogy you control volunteers for experiments of the Civil Security, attempting to create the perfect soldier. In this first and admittedly short act they try to create the ultimate security guard, with inhuman endurance, the best armor available and with the help of an experimental adaptation of the newly discovered technology of the Usurpation. At first everything seems to be fine, and you wake up after a long and difficult surgery, ready to test all your new power.

Preview of the map:
Spoiler: Show More
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: raмpage тrιlogy - ғιrѕт acт

Postby Missak » 24 December 2016, 14:51

It's very short, like you said. I think that you should put the guns on the floor in the beginning, you know, because if one were out of a surgery you wouldn't put guns in front of them ;)

overall, I think the trilogy is promising.
Missak
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Dandamage » 3 December 2017, 19:51

Actually I was hoping there was a trigger to not allow gun dropping, so it would seem like it is actually ATTACHED to his body permanently. Oh well.

I will figure something out.

Finally updated the map and changed the way the guns work. The automatic weapon uses the sniper model and the alien shotgun is the actual sniper. Made a few aesthetic changes to the projectiles and Project Juggernaut.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby ChaoSquid » 4 December 2017, 16:53

Dandamage wrote:Actually I was hoping there was a trigger to not allow gun dropping, so it would seem like it is actually ATTACHED to his body permanently. Oh well.

I will figure something out.

Finally updated the map and changed the way the guns work. The automatic weapon uses the sniper model and the alien shotgun is the actual sniper. Made a few aesthetic changes to the projectiles and Project Juggernaut.

Well done! Although, there are some things that should be adressed.

The most notable thing is the architecture isn't very abstract, and after you leave the main building, it's very much a flat stretch of land with some cover and enemies. I'd reccomend reading "Inside Max's Heart" on BoZ's official website for more info on that, and just information on making better maps in general.

Second, the turret that comes out of the ground is a bit over-kill. If you don't know about it, it'll probably insta-kill you. Plus, it's impossible to even know it's there. Maybe try to put down a sign, using re-coloured movables?

The actual juggernaut guy is a bit bland looking, and mostly just looks like the heavy battlesuit. I'd reccomend trying to change it up a bit; maybe use N on the parts to make them look a bit more brown. I haven't tested what it looks like myself, so I don't know if it'll look good, and just using less heavy battlesuit parts in general.

Aside from the turret, the difficulty is pretty low, and that's probably because of the weaponry you have. Nothing else in the game really compares to the power that you get right off the bat. Maybe turn down the power a bit, somehow?
Lazy innanet man who like, does stuff, sometimes.
My steam account's name is ChaoSquidingus.
ChaoSquid
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Dandamage » 4 December 2017, 17:38

ChaoSquid, thanks for the feedback. I will adress the problem of the simples architecture and flat land. I will reduce the power of the turret and change the armor of the juggernaut (the armor was rushed, I just wanted to put something because of the model update) but I'm adamant about the difficulty. This is meant to show how they got caught by surprise by the escape. The next two maps will be actually difficult.
Dandamage
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Singleplayer Maps