// Blue vs Red //

Multiplayer Maps here.

// Blue vs Red //

Postby Blue-- » 20 April 2017, 12:13

Map name: // Blue vs Red //
Map ID: blue---blue vs red
Map description: Colour vs Colour, who will win ?
Map Page Link: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=b ... &id=559759
Map Demo Link: http://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=blue---blue vs red
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
After testing this map more than 10 times out, i think its finially good enough to request an approval review.
This map is symmetrical, so there shouldnt be any balance problems. (I hope atleast :P )
And as always, if you rate, im your mate :D
To leave a comment isnt wrong too ;)
v. 2.0
----------------
You like sniper maps ? check this out: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=19103

----------
Just now i saw that the demo link isnt working, maybe becasue of the blanks in the id ?
But demo link is still working on the map page.
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

7.5/10

Postby o_Sniper_o » 22 April 2017, 20:49

I didn't do a multiplayer match in this so I won't review the balance and gameplay. However there are some bits that I can tell could be done better just from looking at them.

These blocks in middle get in the way too much, perhaps you should replace them with a vertical block to make walljumping to the top easier.

The doors in the middle lane seem like a lazy way to create a room. I'm sure you can find a better way to close that sightline.

This bit near the spawns in the bottom lane are too small and require players to crouch.

Blue-- wrote:This map is symmetrical, so there shouldn't be any balance problems. (I hope atleast :P )

Also its important to note that just because a map is technically balanced because its symmetrical, it doesn't mean that it has good meta and/or gameplay. I don't think this map has that problem however. I'll give it a high rating of 7.5/10. It just needs a couple tweeks to layout and some troublesome details.
o_Sniper_o
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: // Blue vs Red //

Postby Blue-- » 23 April 2017, 12:19

Thank you for your reply o_Sniper_o :D
But 2 of your points listed up there, have a special function behind them ;)

- The doors are actually placed there not only to close the sighline.
1. The sound. By open a door u hear as usually a moving sound, this should give the players a chance to spot the enemys.
2. If i would use just simple walls, the player could rushing the middle really fast.

- I created by intention a small way down there, and so the player needs more time to pass it.
---------------
My idea was to create a small map with 3 different ways.
- the route up there is the fastest way to the enemy. But you are up there usually a easy target.
- in the middle route are doors placed to spot the enemys by sound.
- and in the route down there you need the most time to pass, but you have there much more cover

But i thank you anyway for your review :)
Blue--
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Multiplayer Maps