nameless weapon for slot 7 [ter. fac.]

Postby Terror Only » 8 November 2016, 23:22

white bg: http://prntscr.com/d4u45w

if you know what name should this weapon have feel free to tell
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Re: nameless weapon for slot 7 [ter. fac.]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 9 November 2016, 14:40

it looks quite awesome, you could add a rifle scope (not zoom-in effect) and a laser sight
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Terror Only » 9 November 2016, 17:19

Kostadin 8 wrote:it looks quite awesome, you could add a rifle scope (not zoom-in effect) and a laser sight

was thinking of it. but why does a heavy energy weapon for slot 7 need it?
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby GhostX5 » 11 November 2016, 11:20

Terror Only wrote:
Kostadin 8 wrote:it looks quite awesome, you could add a rifle scope (not zoom-in effect) and a laser sight

was thinking of it. but why does a heavy energy weapon for slot 7 need it?

I don't think the weapon needs a rifle scope and a laser sight, neither does the CS-BNG. I never see any energy-based weapons have these types of attachments.

Anyway, that gun looks very awesome as heck, I think I would name this the Chem-Rail (Chemical Railgun for short), but the name sounds like a complete rip-off of the Chem-Rail gun from the movie Elysium.
GhostX5

Postby tehswordninja » 11 November 2016, 21:20

Looks neat and unique. To keep it in line with the other 'terrorist weapons' such as the assault rifle, it should have a similar name style to Russian weapons like the AK-47/RPG-7/etc. Perhaps RMK-36?

As for stats, I think it should function as a mini BNG: It fires the same projectiles like the BNG, but they're a lot less powerful.Maybe the gun can fire them in charged up bursts, up to 4, with a slight decrease in accuracy. It would have a magazine size of around 8-12. It would be considered a mix between the Plasmagun and the BNG. It lets you deal consistent damage (like the Plasmagun) as well as being able to deal a lot of damage in one shot/burst (BNG).

Btw, you should probably make a post with everything you've made for this faction.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Terror Only » 11 November 2016, 21:46

not yet. there is female char to make and at least one gun for every slot. ty btw

and why does it need a russian like name? ive made a single gun which looks like an AK, that's all
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 11 November 2016, 23:56

Terror Only wrote:not yet. there is female char to make and at least one gun for every slot. ty btw

and why does it need a russian like name? ive made a single gun which looks like an AK, that's all

i figure keep it in the same name style as your assault rifle AV-135. It would be out of place seeing one gun called that and then the next one being called Z-03 Hydra Launcher or something really off.
By 'Russian like names' I really just meant a few letters and then a dash then a few numbers, all loosely based off the Russian weapon names.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Terror Only » 12 November 2016, 00:25

wasn't it's you who named it av-135? i didn't like that name honestly. picking a few random letters and a bunch of random numbers? no thx, too unoriginal and doesn't make sense. even AK-47 stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova and the numbers at the end is it's serial number. what does AV stand for then? Avtomat Valashnikova? and it's serial number is 135? which means we failed 134 times before we could finally create a gun suitable for mass production?

i am not even sure if eric will use the names we pick, but if he will i'd try to think of better names when i finish the pack

also eric has already added a weapon which works like mini-bfg. that gun which shoots 3 small green balls
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby tehswordninja » 12 November 2016, 06:13

Terror Only wrote:wasn't it's you who named it av-135? i didn't like that name honestly. picking a few random letters and a bunch of random numbers? no thx, too unoriginal and doesn't make sense. even AK-47 stands for Avtomat Kalashnikova and the numbers at the end is it's serial number. what does AV stand for then? Avtomat Valashnikova? and it's serial number is 135? which means we failed 134 times before we could finally create a gun suitable for mass production?

i am not even sure if eric will use the names we pick, but if he will i'd try to think of better names when i finish the pack

also eric has already added a weapon which works like mini-bfg. that gun which shoots 3 small green balls

1. you could have just not used that name but meh
2. they could very well stand for something such as that, i figured these weapons could simply be futuristic, somewhat outdated russian weapons that would replace today's ak-47 and such, and considering your faction is pretty much the generic 'terrorists' of today but in the future, i think this makes sense.
3. the AK-47 was made in 1947, hence the 47. The AK-74 was made in 1974, hence the 74. There's only a few times where this naming system isn't like this (AK-101 for example).
4. that weapon got completely changed up, eric himself told me that. It no longer works like a shotgun and its projectiles are differently colored
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Hikarikaze » 12 November 2016, 06:40

tehswordninja wrote:3. the AK-47 was made in 1947, hence the 47. The AK-74 was made in 1974, hence the 74. There's only a few times where this naming system isn't like this (AK-101 for example).

The 47 and 74 are more than just development years; they're years that the rifles were accepted into service. 10x series AKs don't follow this convention because they haven't been officially accepted into Russian service yet; they follow the type + name + series naming convention (10x is the series number) since it's a simpler standard over the older type + name + date convention (47 would mean model 1947, with 1947 being the official year of acceptance into service). AKS and AKM designations both get dropped and simplified to just AK-10x, from 100 to 108.

On topic: if you want a name, try to pick one that matches the theme of the weapon. If it's an explosive weapon for example, have a name related to explosives or use the names/nicknames of certain explosives. If it's something like the BNG, something related to the theme behind the BNG would fit.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby KARL SERG » 12 November 2016, 09:31

I suggest taking the "FRG" (used for the BNG there) Name from the Void counterpart of PB2. It seems to fit to me.

As for the number, pick something divisible by 11 or 6.
KARL SERG

Postby Terror Only » 12 November 2016, 10:27

Bio Force Gun - BFG

what doer RFG stand for? name should make sense and not be a rip off existing gun names
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Civil-Lite » 12 November 2016, 10:54

Oh sh*t, I love it already! If Eric Gurt were to added suggested guns for PB2.5, this had gotta be one of them! Well made and very creative, so nice work!
Civil-Lite
Janitor

Postby Terror Only » 12 November 2016, 13:02

Civil-Lite wrote:Oh sh*t, I love it already! If Eric Gurt were to added suggested guns for PB2.5, this had gotta be one of them! Well made and very creative, so nice work!

thanks mate, but i honestly want my other guns to be added too, not just this one
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Obt » 29 January 2017, 23:11

What about Nectro-01? the 01 cuz its the first nectro made and the name "nectro" doens't have a meaning , meh :P
Obt

Postby KARL SERG » 10 February 2017, 20:58

Obt wrote:What about Nectro-01? the 01 cuz its the first nectro made and the name "nectro" doens't have a meaning , meh :P

Necro, maybe? As in, it may cause necrosis or similar effects?

That would be a brilliant effect of such a weapon.
KARL SERG

Postby Starwars7 » 28 May 2017, 16:19

This is, honestly, the best gun art I've seen for PB2, it looks better than the in-game guns! Personally, I see this as looking like sort of an assault rifle, but since you were talking about it being a heavy weapon earlier in the thread, I figured I'd compromise. So, my idea is, it would fire at maybe 75% of the pistol firerate and would shoot BNG-energy-green bullets that did radiation damage, but they would not be as powerful. They would also not shake the screen, since modguns that rapidly shoot BNG projectiles are very hard to look at because of the shaking. It would be an accurate weapon, rather sniper-y, but it doesn't look like a laser-pointer weapon, so it wouldn't have one. The projectiles would have to be fast, like the bullets in this game already. And, of course, if this were in singleplayer, which it deserves to be, it would probably cost more than the BNG, which costs, I believe, about 4000. I'd call it maybe the BNG-SR, or BNG Sniper Rifle.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wow m8 » 4 July 2017, 01:27

CS-Powered Assault Gauss Weapon
To reference it in simple terms use an acronym

wow m8
Recruit

Postby lrv » 20 July 2017, 09:32

I would call this weapon CS-RailShot.