Not really a ''bug'' but it should be fixed

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Not really a ''bug'' but it should be fixed

Postby Xey » 19 September 2016, 15:24

For the death messages like ''(player name) killed himself against the wall'' or ect... I think the messages should match the gender selected in players profile. Like in my case for example it should read ''Xey killed herself against the wall'' , its not gamebreaking but I think it would be a welcomed change.
Xey
Recruit

Re: Not really a ''bug'' but it should be fixed

Postby Terror Only » 19 September 2016, 21:59

in pb2 everyone is a male
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Protonoid » 20 September 2016, 04:46

Terror Only wrote:in pb2 everyone is a male

Really?

Well, I really think it should be changed off.

Topic better suits in "Suggestions",

TOPIC MOVED
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Incompetence » 20 September 2016, 05:02

there's no such thing as girls on the internet

this is such a minor issue, how does this bother you in any sort of way? its like not you're actually a male just because the kill feed said so

oh wait :^)
Incompetence

Postby Mhm » 20 September 2016, 10:59

I apsolutely agree with you, Xey!
This should be changed..!
Mhm
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Xey » 22 September 2016, 23:38

Incompetence wrote:there's no such thing as girls on the internet

this is such a minor issue, how does this bother you in any sort of way? its like not you're actually a male just because the kill feed said so

First of all haha very funny... -.-

But in all seriousness it is a minor issue... but.... it is still an issue.
Main reason is I know I can't be the only female player... so it bothers me because having ONLY male inclusive pronouns used is a tad unfair, yet again its not a game breaking issue but it wouldn't hurt to address it.
Xey
Recruit

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 23 September 2016, 20:00

Xey wrote:For the death messages like ''(player name) killed himself against the wall'' or ect... I think the messages should match the gender selected in players profile. Like in my case for example it should read ''Xey killed herself against the wall'' , its not gamebreaking but I think it would be a welcomed change.

What do you mean?
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby ustopable » 24 September 2016, 13:00

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:
Xey wrote:For the death messages like ''(player name) killed himself against the wall'' or ect... I think the messages should match the gender selected in players profile. Like in my case for example it should read ''Xey killed herself against the wall'' , its not gamebreaking but I think it would be a welcomed change.

What do you mean?

Insert Justin Bieber song

She means that female should be matched with the kill feed/suicide

Incompetence wrote:there's no such thing as girls on the internet

Minor issues could escalate to major issues

Just saying
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 September 2016, 21:22

Despite being a female player myself, I completely disagree with this. The last thing I want to see in this game is for it to turn into some Tumblr-esque gender inclusive "safe space" game. I identify as an attack helicopter; if we're going to "fix" this issue, PB2 better include my personal pronouns in too. #attackhelicopterlivesmatter js

The kill feed was never a problem in the past so why is it suddenly a problem now in the year where even failure to acknowledge or mentioning a certain gender is enough to trigger anybody?

If you're this triggered concerned over a simple pronoun, that says a lot. My suggestion is to stop taking such a minor issue seriously and maybe even personally. There's other problems in the game that deserve higher prioritizing.

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:

What do you mean?

You have to be ignorant if you clearly didn't see this sentence.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MI6 AGENT 007 » 25 September 2016, 05:10

Hikarikaze wrote:Despite being a female player myself, I completely disagree with this. The last thing I want to see in this game is for it to turn into some Tumblr-esque gender inclusive "safe space" game. I identify as an attack helicopter; if we're going to "fix" this issue, PB2 better include my personal pronouns in too. #attackhelicopterlivesmatter js

The kill feed was never a problem in the past so why is it suddenly a problem now in the year where even failure to acknowledge or mentioning a certain gender is enough to trigger anybody?

If you're this triggered concerned over a simple pronoun, that says a lot. My suggestion is to stop taking such a minor issue seriously and maybe even personally. There's other problems in the game that deserve higher prioritizing.

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:

What do you mean?

You have to be ignorant if you clearly didn't see this sentence.

You know just because some things are obvious doesn't mean they're obvious enough for others. Idk what she wants fixed for the death messages I think it doesn't need fixing.
MI6 AGENT 007

Postby Hikarikaze » 25 September 2016, 05:24

MI6 AGENT 007 wrote:You know just because some things are obvious doesn't mean they're obvious enough for others. Idk what she wants fixed for the death messages I think it doesn't need fixing.

You know, missing something that's obvious makes you look ignorant and idiotic at the same time. You still don't know what she wants fixed despite it being literally marked in front of you. Prove my point further

She wants it so that the kill feeds have the gender pronouns of the death messages reflect that of the profile gender chosen.

For example, this would be the end result:

If it's a male: "x killed himself against the wall."
If female: "x killed herself against the wall."
If unspecified: "x killed itself against the wall."

That's the idea. Now do you finally understand it despite it being obvious to you multiple times?
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby DoomWrath » 26 September 2016, 05:35

This isn't a huge problem but would be nice to see the gender field onsite affect the kill feed in game. While I don't believe this will be a feature of PB2, I'll let Eric know about it for PB2.5 should it not be present in that game.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Xey » 3 October 2016, 15:46

I think the issue has been discussed thoroughly enough.

TOPIC LOCKED
Xey
Recruit

Return to Website / PB2 Game