Multiplayer editor

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Multiplayer editor

Postby K2Shape » 6 September 2016, 08:49

A new feature that allows a player to editor/create a map with his friend.

For example :
There are 2 players, Player A and Player B.

Player A creates a map, in the map editor, Player A can send invite to Player B(his friend) to come and edit with him.
Before editing, Player A must give permission on what Player B can edit on. (For example : Logic[Triggers], Walls, Etc.)
Player B can ONLY save as backup file that will disappear after 7days(To prevent copyright of maps), Player A needs to approve the backup file in order to officially save it on the main file. (Sorry for the bad explanation.)
If Player A finds Player B trolling, Player A can deny permission to Player B for editing the map.
If Player A kicks Player B from editing the map, Player B will not be under contribution list and ALL the work done by Player B will be gone. ( So that Player A can prevent saying that "I made this on my own!" . )
If Player A is offline and Player B wants to edit, Player B can edit the map, but can only save as backup file until approved by Player A.

When done editing, the map will be saved in Player A account and only Player A can publish it. When publish, the map will state that the creator will be by Player A and contributor by Player B.
Once published, Player B can still edit the map and save it as backup file without removing the publish flag. Approve flag will only be removed upon Re-publishing it by Player A.

When the map gets rating, the developer point obtained will be equally shared among player A and B.
[^^^Hence even if Player B did 1% of the work, both players will still get 50% of the developer points. But again, kicking option is there if Player A feels that it is quite unfair.]

When the map is published, Player A can kick Player B from editing the map BUT the publish/approve flag will be gone along with the work done by Player B. (And Player B won't show up in the contributing list.)
[^^^ This is like the one that I mentioned earlier. ]

On Player B account, below the list of map he created, there will be a list of map he contributed to.
Both Player A and B can report each other for copyright done.

This is just my idea of having a multiplayer editor, tell me what you guys think.
K2Shape
Recruit

Re: Multiplayer editor

Postby ustopable » 6 September 2016, 10:46

Defintely a good idea though it is suggested before
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby mrblake213 » 6 September 2016, 11:34

This is a good idea.

This was suggested before with full detail and screenshots.

Sadly, it was not implemented and the old post was lost.
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby yi en » 7 September 2016, 13:49

what a simple and clear explain.
Good idea.

but we have some problems while doing Multiplayer editor:
1) lagging.
it would be lagging if you hired an asian developer to assist you to develope the maps. Yeah.
2) appealments needs to be improved.
Kicking people on cooperation of maps. Maybe if I could say, I kick that player from editing the maps. But the player may able to spectate the map.
3) copyright problems.
This also the mainly problems. But if the players can contribute themselves it would be the best.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Starwars7 » 29 June 2017, 14:25

That would be great. Currently, the cooperating thing is just something like this:

Player A makes a map, and publishes it in open source.
Player B makes a copy of the map.
Player A deletes that first map (usually).
Player B makes a few changes.
Player B publishes it and gets all the credit, except for saying that Player A helped.

So, this would work much better. Plus, Player A, who probably came up with the map idea, can still make sure it is the way he/she wants it.
Ever had one of those days where everyone you meet in ranked likes you?

Yeah, me neither.

Starwars7
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby yi en » 29 June 2017, 14:32

Starwars7 wrote:That would be great. Currently, the cooperating thing is just something like this:

Player A makes a map, and publishes it in open source.
Player B makes a copy of the map.
Player A deletes that first map (usually).
Player B makes a few changes.
Player B publishes it and gets all the credit, except for saying that Player A helped.

So, this would work much better. Plus, Player A, who probably came up with the map idea, can still make sure it is the way he/she wants it.

i guess it is already a dead post right....
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Breni1111 » 16 July 2017, 23:25

I know me and darkstar1 persued this idea in 2016 on twitter but we didn't get anything out of it.
Breni1111
Recruit

Return to Level Editor