Drones

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Drones

Postby Cpt Epsilon Tex » 19 June 2016, 10:44

So yeah. Drones. Player would have 2 drones which she or he could use. By pressing button 'R' (as for Recon)

I know there is a drone, but that is so big. I imagine a grenade sized drone which cant shoot,but can be shot. So we would be able to check where the campers hide. And also could be support. I mean healing.

While using drone, player should find a place where he could hide so he or she cannot be hit.

And for who likes camping with the drone, it would have health. 20HP. which would deplete over time. So 1 hp per second. After that,drone explodes and player should go.

After all 2 drones are used, and player dies, all the two drones would be given back so we wouldnt have to buy it. And cannot be more than exactly 2 drones.

Players would be warned that other player put a recon in the game. So i mean

Battlesuit AI module: Enemy recon over head!

And when friend put in a drone:

Battlesuit AI module:Recon active for player (name)

And when drones are down for enemy

Battlesuit AI module:Enemy recon down.

For friendly:

Battlesuit AI module:Our drone is down,watch out.

I will make how i imagine this drone in the Fan Art section.
Cpt Epsilon Tex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Drones

Postby prometheansoldier » 20 June 2016, 10:04

On-topic: This sounds like a good idea, lil' drones come and track campers and heal our teammates.

Off-topic: First part almost reminds me of the tracker drone from Rainbow Six Siege, while the 2nd one reminds me of the nano-repair bots from SFH 2.
prometheansoldier
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby LazyRain » 28 June 2016, 17:53

Sounds interesting. They can be made as new type of grenades, i.e. their quantity will be displayed in the grenade panel. I don't think that text messages is good idea. Maybe a radar? Also it's possible to come up with more abilities.
- Radar. Fast stealth drones. Check all nearby places for enemies and marks their position.
- Pushers. Derivate enemy's attention. Fast and annoying as flies, push enemies a little.
- Seekers. Look for any slosest weapon and give it to you.
Very fast one-use-drones:
- Poison. Lets out cloud of nano-bots, which poisoning enemies, but healing allies. Poisoned enemies can't regenerate health and lose 1 HP/sec.
- Healing. Heal nearest ally, which have below 50% HP (if he have all limbs). Also remove poison effect.
- Reviving. Hit in nearest dead ally and revive him (if he have all limbs). Remove poison effect.
- Bombs. Hit nearest enemy and explode in small radius.
- EMP. Shut off nearest vehicle for 3 seconds.
- Stunning. Stun enemies for 2 seconds.
All drones can be destroyed in one shot. Work only 30 seconds then fall. You can pick it up and use again (except on-use-drones) after 5 seconds recharge if it survived after falling.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Cpt Epsilon Tex » 29 June 2016, 08:10

It would be something like a cheat. That is why i chose the simplest way of drones.

But for singleplayer,it would be very funny
Cpt Epsilon Tex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby prometheansoldier » 29 June 2016, 11:01

Yeah, can't wait to rock 'n roll with these lil' drones in the multiplayer & Campaign!
Would be pretty hilarious if I kept bugging the enemies with these drones, and I would laugh very hard for that one, bumping them altogether.
prometheansoldier

Postby Cpt Epsilon Tex » 2 July 2016, 16:39

Yea. But drones couldnt push players. Just can be controlled and can be shot. Just to make it simple,and less help cuz then others would shout Your cheating! Hacker! Fckng hacker!

We dont want thisright? So i made it as simple as possible
Cpt Epsilon Tex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby prometheansoldier » 3 July 2016, 06:11

Yeah, nobody wants others yelling "You hacker!" "Cheater!" "F**king hacker!" Making this one simple is better than not making it.
prometheansoldier

Postby Cpt Epsilon Tex » 3 July 2016, 10:24

Also new idea. To avoid players using it nonstop, there would be a 10 amount of kills needed to be able to use the drone
Cpt Epsilon Tex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby LazyRain » 3 July 2016, 13:02

@Cpt Killstreak, right? I saw some quantity of topics about it. This will be possible only if in the new LE will be more tools. If drones will be implement into game, they will won't work this way originally.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Return to Website / PB2 Game