Feedback to our PB2 Staff

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Feedback to our PB2 Staff

Postby Wardemption » 29 October 2015, 16:56

Best nab contest pls.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 29 October 2015, 17:01

Start with simple, achievable events, like best map of the month contests.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby The Demian » 29 October 2015, 20:14

DoomWrath wrote:When you feel a warning is rude or harsh, use the report feature, and I personally can view the warning as it happens. Without that, I don't know it's happened and I can't then step in and let the guy know to chill out some more.

Or i can just forum PM you to evade the drama, etc...

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tehswordninja » 29 October 2015, 20:32

I second for a map contest.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby xChakra » 29 October 2015, 23:19

Funniest Video event.(Obviously PB2 related...)
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
Spoiler: Show More
xChakra
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby wreak » 30 October 2015, 01:34

I don't really have any problem with staff other then I think they have a bit too much power.

EDIT: I forgot about the chat but I will forgive them for now.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 04:48

Regarding events, a tournament would be great. If executed properly, it can really motivate people to keep playing as they have something major to look forward to on (perhaps) a monthly basis. Add some prizes too; they don't have to be anything insane. Hell, it can just be a little medal on the profile page of the player that makes it to a finalist spot.

A major reason why your last Sniper Tournament failed was because it relied too much on the players to set dates for themselves to play. Moreover, there was really nothing to win by participating in the tournament, making it seem unimportant. So players abandoned it, knowing that by doing so, there was really nothing to lose.

If you can set up some smaller, simpler tournaments first (1 v 1s rather than tag teams) and move up from there, you guys can really get something interesting going and finally fill up that "Recent Event Leaders" section of the Players list.
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Sniper J » 30 October 2015, 08:02

The staff aren't bad but sometimes they make mistakes.

Sniper J

Postby __init__ » 30 October 2015, 09:56

spirit9871 wrote:If you can set up some smaller, simpler tournaments first (1 v 1s rather than tag teams) and move up from there, you guys can really get something interesting going and finally fill up that "Recent Event Leaders" section of the Players list.

I think there are many, many players here that would participate in a monthly all-welcome 1v1 tournament, even if the prize was as small as being mentioned on the Event Leaders list. It's not too hardcore but it's still competitive, and it gives some people a chance to play maps they haven't seen before.
Even if as few as 7 or 8 people show up, we can still get some decent games out of it.

...I want this to be a thing now.

__init__

Postby iPoisonzZ » 30 October 2015, 10:42

Actually consult the community more when you make big decisions e.g. getting a new forum. Interact with them, learn their opinions and then decide whether to do the decision or not.
Recruit people who aren't completely unknown and are more familiar to the community.
iPoisonzZ
Recruit

Postby xChakra » 30 October 2015, 15:35

iPoisonzZ wrote:Actually consult the community more when you make big decisions e.g. getting a new forum. Interact with them, learn their opinions and then decide whether to do the decision or not.
Recruit people who aren't completely unknown and are more familiar to the community.

That last one is bullsh-t, player in-game familiarity is > forum fimiliarty. None of you play this game. I'm literally the only person on forums(probably) that actively plays this game. Therefore you don't know jack sh-t about the community.
xChakra

Postby xChakra » 30 October 2015, 15:42

He's more known to play cali unranked, but after being demoted he left PB2.
xChakra

Postby Silent Aurora » 30 October 2015, 17:37

KLMJETWORK wrote:
xChakra wrote:
iPoisonzZ wrote:Actually consult the community more when you make big decisions e.g. getting a new forum. Interact with them, learn their opinions and then decide whether to do the decision or not.

That last one is bullsh-t, player in-game familiarity is > forum fimiliarty. None of you play this game. I'm literally the only person on forums(probably) that actively plays this game. Therefore you don't know jack sh-t about the community.

Well, they did add Avileuemumum or whatever his name is. He wasn't even known before his staff role, and he still is barely known.

He used to be on chat before he got promoted.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby letz keel » 30 October 2015, 22:33

The admins could do a better job deciding who to promote and demote.

letz keel

Postby filopatir » 30 October 2015, 22:39

letz keel wrote:The admins could do a better job deciding who to promote and demote.

It seems that u are hidding urself

And if u were an admin u will do like they

Choose who are you . Not to let other choose you
filopatir
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby spirit9871 » 30 October 2015, 23:07

__init__ wrote:
spirit9871 wrote:If you can set up some smaller, simpler tournaments first (1 v 1s rather than tag teams) and move up from there, you guys can really get something interesting going and finally fill up that "Recent Event Leaders" section of the Players list.

I think there are many, many players here that would participate in a monthly all-welcome 1v1 tournament, even if the prize was as small as being mentioned on the Event Leaders list. It's not too hardcore but it's still competitive, and it gives some people a chance to play maps they haven't seen before.
Even if as few as 7 or 8 people show up, we can still get some decent games out of it.

...I want this to be a thing now.

I agree. If executed properly, it will retain interest in this game and start something really interesting.
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby iPoisonzZ » 30 October 2015, 23:52

xChakra wrote:

I meant that they should recruit people with some prior recognition in PB2 before they get promoted, and you aren't the only person who plays PB2 and goes on the forums. The whole community doesn't exist only in-game some people like me have stopped playing the actual game but still use the forums and used to use chat so saying I don't know "jack sh-t" about the community is incorrect. Moreover you aren't in every game in multiplayer at every second of the day so its unlikely for you to know everyone who plays the game as well as goes on forums as you may not see them playing. I've in the community for years so I'm pretty sure I know more than "jack sh-t". You think you're some sort of expert when you clearly aren't seeing as how you swear and make assumptions.
iPoisonzZ
Recruit

Postby Syringe » 31 October 2015, 00:00

KLMJETWORK wrote:Well, they did add Avileuemumum or whatever his name is. He wasn't even known before his staff role, and he still is barely known.

Avileaumineanium was a mistake I believe. The only reason he joined this community and gave a damn was to get the colorful name and be in a position of power. He seemed to not care less about the players or the well being of the community.
/0
Syringe
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 31 October 2015, 16:22

KLMJETWORK wrote:
Syringe wrote:
KLMJETWORK wrote:Well, they did add Avileuemumum or whatever his name is. He wasn't even known before his staff role, and he still is barely known.

Avileaumineanium was a mistake I believe. The only reason he joined this community and gave a damn was to get the colorful name and be in a position of power. He seemed to not care less about the players or the well being of the community.

Exactly. An AFK self loving shag-faced cock's bastard.

Can we not start insulting ex-staff members.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby The Demian » 31 October 2015, 17:16

KLMJETWORK wrote:Exactly. An AFK self loving etc...

Subtle, but true indeed.

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion